Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 9:49 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Ignorance is far more widespread than just among NTs.

ignorance is not a "sin". it is not necessary to "know" in order to be belong inside the flow of reality.

flotsam that is dead that is swallowed by a dark drain is just as real as a saint on a throne.

all things that are in reality are certified by inevitability.

there is no "earning" ones place in reality.

little birds are ignorant of the pain of martyrs.
never the less they can be loved by me.
i am ignorant as to the pain of those in the world who i do not see or hear about.
little birds can nevertheless love me.

all the rocks on earth are ignorant of the feelings of saint's agonies, yet they will exist unchanged for eons because the "wrath of god" does not find them in it's scope.

the universe is mainly ignorant, yet it is permanently accepted and not destroyed by it's angry creator.

those that struggle against the paranoia of being seen as ignorant by whatever eye they imagine studies them, are the first to exit from reality.

Last edited by b9 on 27 Dec 2010, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 9:58 am

b9 wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

ignorance is not a "sin". it is not necessary to "know" in order to be belong inside the flow of reality.

flotsam that is dead is just as real as a saint on a throne.

i am ignorant as to the pain of those in the world who i do not see or hear about.

all the rocks on earth are ignorant of the feelings of saint's agonies, yet they will exist unchanged until inevitability consumes them because the "wrath of god" does not find them in it's scope.

the universe is mainly ignorant, yet it is permanently accepted and not destroyed by it's angry creator.

those that struggle against the paranoia of being seen as ignorant by whatever eye they imagine studies them, are the first to exit from reality.

OK.

In the context it was used, "ignorance" had a far more concrete meaning that what you have used here.

It's a big fat existential DUH! to say that we are all ignorant. Of course we are. We are finite beings, with a finite capacity to understand, built upon a finite capacity to perceive, with a penchant for falsely interpreting those perceptions.

And yet we continue ...

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:01 am

nissa_amas_katoj wrote:
Todesking wrote:
No person with autism has ever called me a ret*d or has mocked me for being different.

I have been mocked by persons with autism for being different as well as by neurotypicals, I guess a lot depends on one's life experiences.

You need to hang out with better quality autistics I guess.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:07 am

b9 wrote:

Ignorance did have a hand in the extermination of 6 million Jews and could easily lead to autistics put on forced medication, quack medical treatments, or forced Institutionalization if the wrong people ever get into power.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:08 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
b9 wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

flotsam that is dead is just as real as a saint on a throne.

all the rocks on earth are ignorant of the feelings of saint's agonies, yet they will exist unchanged until inevitability consumes them because the "wrath of god" does not find them in it's scope.

OK.

In the context it was used, "ignorance" had a far more concrete meaning that what you have used here.

It's a big fat existential DUH! to say that we are all ignorant. Of course we are. We are finite beings, with a finite capacity to understand

so all minds that try to interpret the universe will wind up in a way that is describable as "ignorant", no matter how powerful those minds are.

as strong as your cognition is, it touches an infinitesimally minute portion of what you think you must understand.

and then you call yourself ignorant.

the scope of the universe is as well understood by butterflies as it is by sages.

wavefreak58 wrote:
And yet we continue ...
yes we are not removed from time because we do not understand. just like all other matter in the universe that thinks not.

i will advise that my powerpack is depleted and i have to return to my dock and power down for another 8 hours so ..goodnight.

Last edited by b9 on 27 Dec 2010, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:08 am

Ariela wrote:
Why do people treat Neurotypes like they're one collective group with the same thoughts, opinions etc and act as if they're all out to get us?

Why treat any group as monolithic?

ruveyn

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:25 am

b9 wrote:
the scope of the universe is as well understood by butterflies as it is by sages.

A butterfly does not strive to understand. And in not striving, outstrips the understanding of sages.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:29 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
b9 wrote:

A butterfly does not strive to understand. And in not striving, outstrips the understanding of sages.

i very much agree.
striving is a blinding distraction.

i am going to bed now.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 10:32 am

Todesking wrote:
b9 wrote:

Ignorance did have a hand in the extermination of 6 million Jews and could easily lead to autistics put on forced medication, quack medical treatments, or forced Institutionalization if the wrong people ever get into power.

I don't think it did. I think ignorance had nothing whatsoever to do with that. From here it looks like something that was extremely carefully thought through and was done with the full realization of who was being killed. I think it is a difference in values, not a difference in knowledge.

I often here people say that education will fix everything and that ignorance is the root of evil; that if only people knew certain things, they wouldn't do the terrible things they do. This makes the assumption that all people have the exact same value system and the only missing input is information. That if they had this information they would agree with a certain point of view and not do certain things. I disagree and will not make that assumption.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 11:02 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
chtucker18 wrote:
Most NTs are ignorant.

Do you have a credible source to back up your claims?

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 11:05 am

Craig28 wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
chtucker18 wrote:
Most NTs are ignorant.

I am ignorant of a great many things. I am not NT.

QED.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 12:34 pm

Craig28 wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
chtucker18 wrote:
Most NTs are ignorant.

I think b9 made a pretty good case. No brain is able to understand or know everything therefore ignorance of most of the universe's information is inevitable.

TheRoadWarrior
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2010, 11:35 am

Craig28 wrote:
When Neurotypicals aren't belittling those who are different, you will be seeing them battle each other for dominance.

Neurotypicals destroy the weak, then they destroy their own kind for supremacy in the ego wars they wage daily over things like consumerism, looks and money etc.

You sound like Magneto, but I second your diagnosis !

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 2:53 pm

Ariela wrote:
Why do people treat Neurotypes like they're one collective group with the same thoughts, opinions etc and act as if they're all out to get us?

Because most of us were singled out, mistreated, discriminated, and treated badly because they didn't understand us and we acted too different. But I know not all of them are like that.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 4:21 pm

Todesking wrote:
No person with autism has ever called me a ret*d or has mocked me for being different.

And not every NT on the planet has mocked you are insulted you.

ruveyn