I've read about neanderthal and came crasy idea to me..

Page 4 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 10:15 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Just because the genes are mutated in the Neanderthal strand doesn't mean Autism originated in Neanderthals and were transmuted to Cro- Magnon due to interbreeding. What if the same mutations existed in both populations? What if the Neanderthal population the DNA was harvested from are products of Cro-Magnon/Neanderthal interbreeding and the gene was passed to them through the Cro-Magnon and not the Neanderthal?

Agreed, the frequency of the occurrence of autism is currently most frequent in South Korea and it's frequency across east Asia is significant. Transmission of autism genes from Europe is an unlikely explanation for the concentration of autism outside of Europe as if it arose in one location (like blue eyes) its frequency would dilute out.

One explanation is the initial mating of Neanderthal with Cro-Magnon occurred before the migration East, into Asia. If it happened before mass migration, it would explain why Autism exists in Asian populations. That is, if the Neanderthal theory has credibility, which hasn't been proven, either. People seem determined to put everything on Neanderthal . They are the scapegoat. But do we really know is the question, or does science want to blame Neanderthal because of the stereotype that they are devolved and backward, a stereotype science cannot base on factual evidence.

The Neanderthral Theory of Autism, is completely separate from the study that showed a correlation of neanderthral genes in 1 to 4% of the human genome outside of ethnic Africa. The individual that came up with the Neanderthral Theory makes a connection with the Auts2 gene speculating that people with Aspergers have kept the gene passed down from Neanderthrals for evolutionary advantage, while malfunction of the gene causes more severe cases of Autism. The scientific community makes the Auts2 link to Autism as one of malfunction not evolutionary advantage.

As discussed in other threads the individual that came up with the Neaderthral theory believes that if genetic information was released on people with Aspergers the Auts2 gene would be the same as the Auts2 gene that Neanderthrals possessed, and that "NT"s would possess a different variant of the Auts2 gene.

There is no evidence to support that so it is pure speculation at this point. The only evidence regarding Autism is a malfunction in the Auts2 gene. Noone really knows what the function of the Auts2 gene is other than it is associated with the reward's center of the brain. That information is from the recent research down on the Auts2 gene and people that drink alcohol. And that is research released in the last month, per the link in my other post.

Last edited by aghogday on 28 May 2011, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 10:21 pm

I thought the mutated AUT2 gene was found in the Neanderthal genome so I was questioning how it got into the genome of modern man and why it would be in both and if there's any connection between the two?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 2:41 am

There's a genetic link between the offspring and the parents through shared DNA but there's no apparent link between the parents and the genetic syndrome. It's origins are unknown. It appears with no familial history.
There could be a common ancestor but that's just speculation. No one is certain about that. No one knows why genes behave the way they do. All we know is sometimes, we inherent certain syndromes and conditions, sometimes we do not. A gene becomes damaged. Think of DNA that gets damaged by radiation. Many environmental factors could, perhaps, cause spontaneous genetic mutations.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 3:28 am

What about people from two different races. Their ancestors lived apart for thousands of years and they decide to get married and have children? Would the children's DNA recombine because they are different races and are not the same haplogroup? Their markers are different, so might their children have some autosomal recessives because of this? What if it's not just Neanderthals but any two people who are of different races that can cause the same effect?
You mention Down's Syndrome or Trisomy 21. This syndrome is not caused by an A R gene. It's caused by an extra chromosome and a risk factor for a woman conceiving a child with Downs Syndrome is eggs that have aged and might have weaknesses in the DNA because of it. That doesn't sound like it can be traced to a Neanderthal/Cro-Magnun hybrid. It sounds like there's another reason for its occurrence.
What about the Autosomal Dominant Syndromes?

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 3:40 am

I see you all take that autism and asperger syndrome is same, everyone talk for autism, not for asperger,my assumption was if asperger syndrome is one evolution from nt neanderthal genes, not abnormality, i start from assumption that neanderthals just behaved like asperger in communication, not autism. My test is negative for autism, since my asperger test is high positive, i haven't autism, i have asperger, why you link autism and asperger?!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 3:44 am

nikoa wrote:
I see you all take that autism and asperger syndrome is same, everyone talk for autism, not for asperger,my assumption was if asperger syndrome is one evolution from nt neanderthal genes, not abnormality, i start from assumption that neanderthals just behaved like asperger in communication, not autism. My test is negative for autism, since my asperger test is high positive, i haven't autism, i have asperger, why you link autism and asperger?!

The idea is Autism is a spectrum disorder and Asperger's is just one dimension of expression.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 3:47 am

But aren't the same genes in Chimpanzees too?

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 3:56 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nikoa wrote:

The idea is Autism is a spectrum disorder and Asperger's is just one dimension of expression.

That we can't take for sure, becuase scientist say that is assumption, they say for that asperger is just one "dimension of expersion" of autism, like possibility, not with proves. We can't take it just clear truth, so my topic is for asperger, not for autism, please respect it. I feel like discussion went in wrong way. Again i repeat, my autism test is negative, that means I'm not in autism spectrum at all, but I'm an asperger, it is possible maybe if one person have both combination of asperger and autism, becuase that is confusion, but i have clear asperger syndrome, not autism.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 3:59 am

nikoa wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nikoa wrote:

That we can't take for sure, becuase scientist say that is assumption, they say for that asperger is just one "dimension of expersion" of autism, like possibility, not with proves. We can't take it just clear truth, so my topic is for asperger, not for autism, please respect it. I feel like discussion went in wrong way. Again i repeat, my autism test is negative, that means I'm not in autism spectrum at all, but I'm an asperger, it is possible maybe if one person have both combination of asperger and autism, becuase that is confusion, but i have clear asperger syndrome, not autism.

The Neanderthal Theory involves finding the origins of Autism. If you only have Asperger's and don't believe Autism and Asperger's are related, why would you think the Neanderthal theory pertains to you?

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 4:12 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nikoa wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nikoa wrote:

The Neanderthal Theory involves finding the origins of Autism. If you only have Asperger's and don't believe Autism and Asperger's are related, why would you think the Neanderthal theory pertains to you?

Because i find lot of similarities in neanderthals and people with asperger, when i read for neanderthals, i have never read for neanderthal theory, please my topic is for asperger, not for autism and if you haven't information for connection between asperger and neanderthals start own topic. I haven't anything against that neanderthal theory, but if someone have right information for me, can be confused with your discussion who have taken wrong way.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 4:15 am

nikoa wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nikoa wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
nikoa wrote:

Because i find lot of similarities in neanderthals and people with asperger, when i read for neanderthals, i have never read for neanderthal theory, please my topic is for asperger, not for autism and if you haven't information for connection between asperger and neanderthals start own topic. I haven't anything against that neanderthal theory, but if someone have right information for me, can be confused with your discussion who have taken wrong way.

So you think the reason you have Asperger's traits is Neanderthal DNA and you reason Neanderthals behaved like people with Asperger's? For one thing, it's impossible to know for sure how Neanderthals acted. They could have had advanced communication skills. Another thing, Asperger's is the expression of autosomal recessive genes created by strands of Neanderthal DNA embedded in ours, so the Neanderthals, themselves, would not have these traits, just the hybrids and their progeny.

As far as I know, that's what the theory states.

Is it possible to just have the Neanderthal traits, assuming they are Asperger's-like without the Autosomal Recessive Genes? Possibly these traits occurred in Cro-Magnon too and were not exclusive to Neanderthals.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 29 May 2011, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 4:26 am

Please, my question was if someone knows scientist prove for relation between neanderthal genes and asperger, my topic is for asperger, if someone have right answer for me can be confused with your discussion.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 4:30 am

nikoa wrote:
Please, my question was if someone knows scientist prove for relation between neanderthal genes and asperger, my topic is for asperger, if someone have right answer for me can be confused with your discussion.

The thing is, Nikoa, the scientists doing the study lump Autism and Asperger's into Autistic Spectrum Disorder, so the only proof there is applies to both. There is proof, somewhat, of the connection between the two, if you believe exclusively that reconditioning is the sole cause of recessive genes.
When you see the word Autism, you can exchange it for Asperger's in this case.

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 5:48 am

I maybe put my topic in wrong place, but from point of view like comparison, ulcer and diarrhea we can put in same field, but they are caused by different things, same autism and asperger we can put in same place, like problem with socializing, there is not strong prove that they are caused from same genes, becuase that i must refer that my question was is there strong proves for connection between asperger and neanderthal genes? That is how doctor put diarrhea and ulcer in same area, but has different solution for both.

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2011, 9:15 am

Asperger syndrome (AS) is one of the autism spectrum disorders (ASD) or pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), which are a spectrum of psychological conditions that are characterized by abnormalities of social interaction and communication that pervade the individual's functioning, and by restricted and repetitive interests and behavior. Like other psychological development disorders, ASD begins in infancy or childhood, has a steady course without remission or relapse, and has impairments that result from maturation-related changes in various systems of the brain.[12] ASD, in turn, is a subset of the broader autism phenotype (BAP), which describes individuals who may not have ASD but do have autistic-like traits, such as social deficits.[13] Of the other four ASD forms, autism is the most similar to AS in signs and likely causes but its diagnosis requires impaired communication and allows delay in cognitive development; Rett syndrome and childhood disintegrative disorder share several signs with autism but may have unrelated causes; and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) is diagnosed when the criteria for a more specific disorder are unmet.[14
So, please my question was connection between asperger and neanderthal genes, if you haven't answer, please open new topic where we can discus about autism and neanderthal genes.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 10:32 am

The genetic difference between neanderthals and homosapiens man were extremely small - .5%. This article refutes some of what has been asserted here as fact:

Neanderthal DNA - UCBerkeley

They have not mapped the entire neanderthal genome - only the sequences they felt were of interest.
They are teasing neanderthal DNA out of contaminated samples containing DNA from microbes all the way up to the humans who handled the samples.
Neanderthal DNA more closely resembled chimpanzee DNA that human.

“While unable to definitively conclude that interbreeding between the two species of humans did not occur, analysis of the nuclear DNA from the Neanderthal suggests the low likelihood of it having occurred at any appreciable level.”

Wild goose chase anyone?