Suicidal on here
Yes 42%  42%  [ 33 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 79

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

I hate being me but I have a phobia of death, and I know that my family loves me so much that they would be absolutely devastated if I did a stupid thing like that. I know I wouldn't be around to see them feel that way but it's still an awful thought while you're still alive to think of all the people who you'll leave behind, who love and care for you. I should be thankful I have a family around me who loves and cares about me.

It's just that sometimes I feel that I can't go on much longer being an Aspie. I don't know why, but I feel that it's such a bad thing. I feel that it's my fault people laugh at me, because they carry on their normal social lives, and I'm just left feeling hurt all the time. People say ''oh that person can't of been a nice person in the first place if they suddenly turned like that on you'', but I think, ''no hold on a minute - they have other friends they seem to keep, so they must be likeable in some way, and so it must just be me.''

It is very depressing.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 8:57 pm

@JohnyJohn
Is that supposed to be a picture of hell? Are you implying that people who commit suicide go to "hell"? If so than I am deeply offended. People who commit suicide are often mentally ill including myself. I don't think what people perceive as "god" would send sick people to hell I sure don't believe in something like that. People who commit suicide are often innocent decent people who've experienced a great deal of pain on this earth if your "god" is all loving he'd embrace them in"heaven". Then again that's why I'm not completely tied down to any religion.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

I get depressed, but I've never felt suicidal.

I've met people who have literally told me that depression is a sin because it arises from lack of faith in God (and all Atheists are therefore depressed and going to Hell and blah ... blah ... blah ...), and that if I did not snap out of it before I died I would go straight to Hell, as well.

So much for Christian compassion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2011, 10:04 pm

Fnord wrote:

I've met people who have literally told me that depression is a sin because it arises from lack of faith in God (and all Atheists are therefore depressed and going to Hell and blah ... blah ... blah ...), and that if I did not snap out of it before I died I would go straight to Hell, as well.

Jesus Freaks? Ignore them. Most extremely religious people are blind fools. And Christianity is one of the most evil religions in history anyway.

I had a bad day today and had suicidal thoughts. I was riding a bike home and the idea of riding head on into a big truck crossed my mind a couple of times.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

AdamDZ wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Jesus Freaks? Ignore them. Most extremely religious people are blind fools. And Christianity is one of the most evil religions in history anyway.

I had a bad day today and had suicidal thoughts. I was riding a bike home and the idea of riding head on into a big truck crossed my mind a couple of times.

True I just think a post like that in a thread of this nature is uncalled for. Coming from the person who started the thread in the first place I find it a little odd. I suspect they don't have much life experience considering some of the other threads they've started that I've replied to. I also wonder if he might be a troll.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 11:49 pm

MrXxx wrote:
No. Never have been. Thought about it only once. If I hadn't truly THOUGHT about it, I probably would have done it. I didn't though, because it was the thinking that made me realize that suicide is the single most self-centered, selfish act there is. It hurts a lot of people left behind, and dumps all the problems you didn't manage to take care of on them. And if you think you did take care of them all, trust me, you didn't.

Don't bother lecturing me for my view on this point. Like I said, I actually THOUGHT about it. And I got to experience it second hand through someone who thought they had settled all their affairs. It's not possible. There is always a mess left behind, and somebody has to deal with it. I got to be that one. So I realized it by just thinking about it, and chose not to because of thinking about it, then got to live the proof because someone else didn't think enough about others besides their self.

I would never do that to anyone. No one left behind deserves it. You want to know the real irony? The person who did it to me was one of the people I thought of when I decided not to. Nice, huh?

hallelujah to this post. my mom committed suicide on december 2 last year. i would never, ever do that to my daughter. i have felt suicidal but i sought and received help. no matter how hard the treatment and recovery can be, it would be better than the devastation i would leave behind.

and JohnyJohn, my depression is unrelated to my AS. can't speak for other aspies.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 12:12 am

I felt depressed for much of 40 years, but I've felt a lot better this past year since I got a diagnosis. I think that the self-examination that I did had some benefits, and I also credit having highly intelligent and compassionate friends who took an interest in me and shared their insights.

I wonder how I would have lived differently if I had a diagnosis sooner, but the world had different values in the 80's, so I find it hard to assess.

I came close to attempting suicide, but I realized that I actually just needed to relax and care less. I thought that taking a bunch of herbal relaxation pills would help ease my transition to the next world, but they just made me relax and I didn't follow through with the second part of my plan. Don't trust any thoughts that you have while holding your breath, or forcing it. Check it if you doubt me.

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2011, 12:18 am

Look,God is indeed Loving,humans are not that's why they will experience hell,those who will.I am not saying anybody who commited suicide went to hell,but if someone thinks,-and believes-,i will suicide and then God will forgive me so i will go to heaven and escape the hell in earth,is deeply deceived.Also only unbelievers are mostly suicidal and i wanted for them to show this picture.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 12:51 am

JohnyJohn wrote:
Look,God is indeed Loving,humans are not that's why they will experience hell,those who will.I am not saying anybody who commited suicide went to hell,but if someone thinks,-and believes-,i will suicide and then God will forgive me so i will go to heaven and escape the hell in earth,is deeply deceived.Also only unbelievers are mostly suicidal and i wanted for them to show this picture.

See what you just did? You made a good thread but then you went and screwed it all up.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:44 am

Any Christians reading this thread who have experienced suicidal thoughts are going to feel stigmatised by these threats of going to hell. I am not a Christian, but I do have family members who are Christians and some of them have had depression. I think it is better to help suicidal people with compassion and understanding than with threats of eternal damnation.

Here is a Christian forum for people with depression if anyone feels the need for fellowship: http://www.christianforums.com/f393/

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2011, 7:06 am

MrXxx wrote:
I would never do that to anyone. No one left behind deserves it. You want to know the real irony? The person who did it to me was one of the people I thought of when I decided not to. Nice, huh?

:(

Sorry that happened to you.

I've considered it a million times probably. Not seriously, in the last 20 years, because I allowed myself to reproduce.... thereby revoking my license to kill myself, in this lifetime.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

Angel_ryan wrote:
AdamDZ wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I get depressed, but I've never felt suicidal. I've met people who have literally told me that depression is a sin because it arises from lack of faith in God (and all Atheists are therefore depressed and going to Hell and blah ... blah ... blah ...), and that if I did not snap out of it before I died I would go straight to Hell, as well. So much for Christian compassion.
Jesus Freaks? Ignore them. Most extremely religious people are blind fools. And Christianity is one of the most evil religions in history anyway. I had a bad day today and had suicidal thoughts. I was riding a bike home and the idea of riding head on into a big truck crossed my mind a couple of times.
True I just think a post like that in a thread of this nature is uncalled for. Coming from the person who started the thread in the first place I find it a little odd. I suspect they don't have much life experience considering some of the other threads they've started that I've replied to. I also wonder if he might be a troll.

Just because you disagree with the truth does not make the truth-teller a troll.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2011, 12:07 pm

JohnyJohn wrote:

There is no god, there is no heaven or hell so chillax, nobody's going to hell :)

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

AdamDZ wrote:
JohnyJohn wrote:

There is no god, there is no heaven or hell so chillax, nobody's going to hell :)

You wish.I ''love'' with how much ''certainty'' atheists tell what they say.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2011, 12:27 pm

Good luck man with your beliefs, I'm sure your god loves ya.

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

AdamDZ wrote:
Good luck man with your beliefs, I'm sure your god loves ya.

I know they are real,many experiences,told to scientists(psychologist and psychiatrist)that could not explain.