Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

IChris
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
I only put the xfiles line in to amuse myself. However, a lot of drugs are being sold.

I disagree regarding brain research but I do respect your view and how you stated it.

My views on the brain are in my book. I can show you if you want.

I believe AS is BDNF rising too fast too quick in infancy. I believe that rise causes plasticity to differ - wired in a food the brain is leveled. I also believe epigentetics has a large role and that a good caveman diet goes a long way...............there is a chain of events involved imo and a number of issues go together to form Aspergers Syndrome.

I do also a respect your view; it is rather one of the more common outside the research community. I do absolutely open up for the possibility that brain mechanisms has a serious role; that is not again my view. But I believe it is much more to it which make it impossible for me to believe in an internalism which find the brain mechanism's alone the answer to all the questions. This kind of philosophical view exclude the possibility of bodily, social and environmental influences. To be able to locate a given function in a neuromechanical action any influences who may be a part of creating this given function would make it impossible to locate it in the neuromechanical action, since the totality of the function is a result, in such a case, of the complex and everchanging interplay of the brain and its influences.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 1:34 am

I dont exclude that view. I think epigenetics is a factor.

IChris
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2012, 4:37 am

answeraspergers wrote:
I dont exclude that view. I think epigenetics is a factor.

Epigenetics may both be of an internalist and externalist view. It may both be a view that the environmental factors influence the brain in a linear way and so an internalist argument would still be valid (and the brain can explained with enough neuroscientifically research), or it may a view that the environmental factors influence in a non-linear way in which it would be an externalist view (where the brain can't be described because of, what I underlined in the statement, the complex and everchanging interplay between brain and its influences).