kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:22 pm

nessa238 wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
I still urge you to work on your communication skills. I can assure you, your life her and elsewhere would benefit from it

Premised on the fact that you can't be bothered to read my posts?

If you lack the capacity to understand the points I'm making I'm sorry

Most people seem to have no problem - it's not been an issue until now

Fascinating, you appear to be just like my brother. So I will have to leave it at that...

To quote Feraluce:-

"it falls upon YOU (The communicator) to make YOURSELF understood. Failure to do that does not reflect on the people you are talking to, but on you."

My brother and I have a hard time communicating to each other without a fight and so that's why I will no longer seek to try communicating :/

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:47 pm

Stoek wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDWX196PLY

Check it out funny, I think I might put it on my facebook would make my life a bit easier.

Thank you for posting this! I love it! It's going on my Facebook page for sure. It's only 35 friends who are mostly relatives... but still.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 10:37 pm

AgentPalpatine wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
Putting the thread OFFICIALLY back on the rails...

This guy has made some good points, so did the woman in the other video...

We can't the NT's responsible really... They can only view reality, like us, through the warped lens of their own experiences...

That being said... I do not believe that we should have a monarchy... a skillset cross-referenced to preferences based meritocracy seems the best ruling model for aspies

I think we should take into account that the OP (Stoek) has a well known tendanacy to exgerate in his postings. I don't think he literally meant a monarchy. There is no Iron Throne of RightPlanet.

All individuals, Aspie, non-Aspie, Daughters of Dragon-Lords, we all view reality through the "warped lens of [our] own experiences". Or, as I prefer to refer to it, "The Crooked Timber of Humanity".

I do wonder if videos of the sort referenced above, and videos of the type that ASAN puts out, are an effective communication tool outside of the Neurodiversity movement. I would think so, but I'm not aware of any hard evidence on the issue.

Yeah to be honest my whole intention of sharing the video, was my excitement of how well it expressed a rather basic message.

I think if most nts listened to that video,, it'd save us a whole lot of wasted time.

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 11:57 pm

Aspies don't necessarily have a problem with being fluid, articulate, expressive, talkative, humorous, vivacious and the like. Many are just that. The problem is it's often perceived as offbeat. When I was younger I talked a blue streak. I was full of information and insights and great at impersonating comedians and telling their jokes. There were times when I had people busting up laughing at my antics and routines. All any of that meant was that I was verbose and good at putting on an act and mimicking comedians. But there was absolutely no genuine social aptitude whatsoever that went along with it. There are several comedians who who were/are most probably Aspies. Andy Kaufman would be at the top of the list. Steven Wright also. Possibly Rip Taylor. Benny Hill was also a very likely candidate being someone who never married and lived in complete solitude.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 6:58 am

kamiyu910 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
I still urge you to work on your communication skills. I can assure you, your life her and elsewhere would benefit from it

Premised on the fact that you can't be bothered to read my posts?

If you lack the capacity to understand the points I'm making I'm sorry

Most people seem to have no problem - it's not been an issue until now

Fascinating, you appear to be just like my brother. So I will have to leave it at that...

To quote Feraluce:-

"it falls upon YOU (The communicator) to make YOURSELF understood. Failure to do that does not reflect on the people you are talking to, but on you."

My brother and I have a hard time communicating to each other without a fight and so that's why I will no longer seek to try communicating :/

Same with me and my brother - we don't talk either

He sends me birthday and Christmas cards still but I don't to him anymore as I've had enough

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:46 pm

Stoek wrote:

Yeah to be honest my whole intention of sharing the video, was my excitement of how well it expressed a rather basic message.

I think if most nts listened to that video,, it'd save us a whole lot of wasted time.

Stoek: I don't know... I agree that if they TOOK IT TO HEART, it would save a lot of time, but MOST NTs view themselves as pillars of virtue, and when something forces them to face that they aren't, dissonance allows them to ignore it... "I'm not like that."

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 9:15 pm

I'm not sure that one video would do it. It has a decent probability of working with friends and family that are aware of ASDs, but I'm not sure how much further I'd rely on any one video.