Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 6:08 pm

Quite often, a new poster opens a thread on a topic that has already been comprehensively covered in previous threads, sometimes only a week or so before, so the new thread with the old topic runs the risk of being ignored by people who know that. You can check for previous threads on a potential topic by using the search function first.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 9:47 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
the pressure shoudnt be on targets of abuse to comply and ignore it, the pressure shoud be on the people who abuse others.
am sure many people here are aware of the severe cyberbullying had personaly experienced by one member of WP over several years because was unable to communicate it to those around self, finaly ended up detained for four months in a intelectual disability acute hospital and lost the longest residential home placement had ever had because his abuse had been the fuel for extreme challenging behavior of mine

Was there any recourse against this despicable individual That involved the local police? was he/she at least booted of WP?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm

I've felt uneasy on WP for many reasons over the years. There was a time when one member turned on me when I needed them the most. There was one time when I posted in The Haven about a problem that I had with a friend's ex-husband and everybody seemed to be attacking me. There was one time that a member who's younger than I am asked if I've considered that my main special interest and role model might keep me from being successful in the modern NT world, which I have no interest in to this day. There was one time when some 15 year old made comments about me and my posting habits, saying that all I talked about was my main special interest and say "I think" all the time, which made me feel that I was too old to be a member here. There was a member who kept attacking me on account of my special interest and my role model. There was one time that another member attacked me on account of my my main special interest, the intensity about that interest and the amount of time that I spent each day talking about that interest and my role model, as she conversed with her favourite members in a thread that I made and haters commented on how they didn't like the way she was treated in my thread. There were two threads about the Olympics which happens to be one of my strongest special interests that I've had for a very long time, the second one with a harsh title that had a delivered quite a sting to my usually strong spirit. I felt very uneasy for days and I really felt that I was walking on eggshells. I couldn't celebrate any Canadian victory on WP during those two weeks. There was also a thread made by someone who thought that role models were vapid: which means in the English dictionary, extremely stupid. That was when I was just starting to feel comfortable on WP again around March. I've also been flamed for being Pro-Life by two people who feel that babies with any disability or genetic defect should be aborted who also said there was nothing wrong with babies being aborted for that reason.

This shows what a sensitive Brown-eyed Sweet Pea I am, very much like the real Mick Avory is.

BelleAmi
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jun 2014, 2:49 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
QFT, every one has responsibility for their own words and whilst they are compiling a post they really need to think about the consequences on others of what they write.
the pressure shoudnt be on targets of abuse to comply and ignore it, the pressure shoud be on the people who abuse others.
am sure many people here are aware of the severe cyberbullying had personaly experienced by one member of WP over several years because was unable to communicate it to those around self, finaly ended up detained for four months in a intelectual disability acute hospital and lost the longest residential home placement had ever had because his abuse had been the fuel for extreme challenging behavior of mine. .

really sorry that happened to you KOR - the people who bully like that must be sociopaths, nobody else enjoys harming others this much - i had to leave WP for about a year because of all the bullying I could see going on, it was very blatant, and it was making me very angry and unleashed myself.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm

BelleAmi wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
QFT, every one has responsibility for their own words and whilst they are compiling a post they really need to think about the consequences on others of what they write.
am sure many people here are aware of the severe cyberbullying had personaly experienced by one member of WP over several years because was unable to communicate it to those around self, finaly ended up detained for four months in a intelectual disability acute hospital and lost the longest residential home placement had ever had because his abuse had been the fuel for extreme challenging behavior of mine. .

really sorry that happened to you KOR - the people who bully like that must be sociopaths, nobody else enjoys harming others this much - i had to leave WP for about a year because of all the bullying I could see going on, it was very blatant, and it was making me very angry and unleashed myself.

I was bullied by a member here for a couple of months quite a few years ago. I fell into the second depression of my life and became very intense and cynical. It took me two and a half years to resurface.

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2014, 7:21 pm

For a moment, on the part of OP topic about getting no replies, I think that some people don't respond to posts because maybe they are not good at expressing themselves in writing. Expressing my thoughts in writing is definitely one of my weaknesses, and part of why I often don't respond to posts that I would actually like to reply to, and why I usually reply very late, if at all, to peoples' PMs.

BelleAmi
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jun 2014, 2:51 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

I was bullied by a member here for a couple of months quite a few years ago. I fell into the second depression of my life and became very intense and cynical. It took me two and a half years to resurface.

as people on the spectrum are usually targets of severe bullying in childhood and after, it is really hard to understand why it happens on WP so much, and it does make me uneasy about coming on here. I tend to just chip in now and again and not get involved in the heavier topics, unless I am really moved to. Apologies to the OP but I do think this is relevant to the topic.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 9:42 am

You're my beautiful friend. I'd only attack you if you consented :wink:

Seriously....people have a right not to be attacked, and to have a civil conversation with somebody.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 5:12 pm

BelleAmi wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

as people on the spectrum are usually targets of severe bullying in childhood and after, it is really hard to understand why it happens on WP so much, and it does make me uneasy about coming on here. I tend to just chip in now and again and not get involved in the heavier topics, unless I am really moved to. Apologies to the OP but I do think this is relevant to the topic.

I stand corrected.

BelleAmi
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jun 2014, 1:48 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
BelleAmi wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

[quote BelleAmi] as people on the spectrum are usually targets of severe bullying in childhood and after, it is really hard to understand why it happens on WP so much, and it does make me uneasy about coming on here. I tend to just chip in now and again and not get involved in the heavier topics, unless I am really moved to. Apologies to the OP but I do think this is relevant to the topic.

I stand corrected.

I didn't correct you! That was an attempt to back you up.

Arthur Rimbaud.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 7:03 pm

I'm so impressed with what I write, I don't care if nobody answers :lol:

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
I'm so impressed with what I write, I don't care if nobody answers :lol:

I thought the airplane canyon line was funny.