Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jan 2015, 8:59 pm

olympiadis wrote:
My cats cannot function as NTs, so technically they also have a disorder.

Cats are not human.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 9:25 pm

I've had my doubts about one or two of them who may have been humans in cat form..

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 4:06 am

olympiadis wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Yes but they tend to more attempt to base it on scientific observation rather than angst more often than not. Neurotypicals have a disorder solely because the OP is irritated by negative human traits people on or of the spectrum can exibit?...realistically there is nothing about the neurotypical brain that causes a marked impairment of functioning...Perhaps in an entirely different society that would not be the case but hypotheticals are hypotheticals, currently they are the norm of what everything else is compared to since they function fine in this world.

I believe that you are mistaken about this.
I think that NTs only only function well with each other, and within a narrow time period. They can easily adapt, as in copying, but only to each other or the majority of NTs within their current environment.
Take them out of their time-line or place them in an alien environment or society, and they would then functionally have a disorder.

My cats cannot function as NTs, so technically they also have a disorder.
I have five cats, but only one of me. I'm sure that they notice that I do not function so well as a cat, but thankfully they are quite forgiving of this disorder.

It's all about perspectives.
You can say that the current social context is THE perspective, but I have to point out that it is very limited to a specific environment of social members, current technology, and a narrow range of time.
You could also say that you think it most desirable to be an efficient copying machine.
I don't share that view, nor do I think this characteristic valuable in the defining of what is normal and what is not.
I think that variation is the driving mechanism of progress.

I see NTs as having a marked impairment of functioning.
If you would like to see what I'm talking about here for yourself then take a look at
three youtube videos.
"Asch Conformity Experiment"
"Milgram Experiment"
"Stanford Prison Experiment"

-Take anyone and put them in an alien environment or society and they are going to have difficulties...doesn't mean the then magically have a disorder...taking anyone out of their element will create challenges for them but those are external not the same thing as having a disorder.

-As the other poster said cat's are not human....most cats act like cats, some cats act weird compared to most cats, but cat psychology is different than human psychology a neurotypical cat will not resemble a neurotypical person it would resemble a normal cat. Also I do not see any sort of society where things like sensory issues, executive function difficulties and other problems that come with autism/aspergers would be benefits I figure even in a different society the underlying disorder would still be apparent and cuse difficulty.

Also your first link is not proof neurotypicals have a marked impairment in functioning, it was just a test on if people opinions are influenced by others....being influenced by others is not a marked impairment in functioning, plenty of people who are like that hold jobs and are successful, not sure I should waste my time with the other two links.