What kinds of things do you do to avoid people?

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

MomoNoHanna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2016, 7:49 am

Knofskia wrote:
Ashariel said, "One time in college I avoided people for so long, the campus police broke down my door. That kinda sucked."

This happened to me too. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for a work day, so I planned to use half of a sick day. The appointment would not take long, but my transitioning skills are horrible and it was my sick day to use.

The week before, I informed my boss that I had a doctor's appointment and that I would be out of the office for the afternoon. I also put it on my work calendar which any of my co-workers could view. Then, I turned off my phone so that it would not interrupt my appointment and so that I could relax.

A few hours later, when I turned my phone back on, I found several messages from work... and the police! The first message was just a work-related question (that's fine). When I had not called back (on my time off), and since "no one had seen me in three days" (it was Monday), they called the police and reported me as a missing person (what?!).

This sounds something like my husband's work would do! My mum rang me up one day to ask if everything was OK. Just because I hadn't updated Facebook for my son (he is in PICU recovering from open heart surgery complication). I was speechless, I had just been busy and couldn't be bothered updating or talking to anyone. Then I found out that my Mother in-law asked as well! It was only 2 days. I wasn't classed as missing but they were very worried! I think more worried about their Grandson but still!

Obsession's: Beyblade
Books (historical based)
Art
Studying to be a Librarian because books rock my world.
"Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one." Neil Gaimen.

MomoNoHanna
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Feb 2016, 7:58 am

Lockheart wrote:
MomoNoHanna wrote:
If I hear people talking outside a room I'm in, I'll wait till it's quiet to go out.

I do that one.

MomoNoHanna wrote:
Reading is great because I can protend I'm concentrating instead of ignoring them.

I do that one too. :-)

Lockheart,

Glad to see it's not just me! Oh and I see your from Australia to! Good to see a fellow green and gold on the boards!

Obsession's: Beyblade
Books (historical based)
Art
Studying to be a Librarian because books rock my world.
"Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one." Neil Gaimen.