Page 4 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 5:13 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Haha. You can't get 100000% It only goes up to 100.

No, I have magic needs which multiply supernaturally!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 5:16 pm

losingit1973
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2019, 5:18 pm

FallingDownMan wrote:
… if you plug your ears every time an emergency vehicle drives by.

Or trains, even though you are fascinated by them.

AQ 42

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 10:46 pm

PaperTrails wrote:
You feel incredibly uncomfortable about going out without a jacket or even in the hottest of weather because you need some keys or something to fiddle with in your pocket and to hold onto the ends of your long sleeves?

I've recently been informed by my 21 year old daughter that this is not what everybody does.

For me it's the jacket itself. The weight and extra cover helps calm anxiety in social settings. I force myself to leave it off in summer so I don't stand out. A Harry Potter style invisibility cloak might be better, but this will have to do.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 10:59 pm

FallingDownMan wrote:

^ This.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2019, 11:04 pm

dyadiccounterpoint wrote:
You might be autistic if...

You were asked "why are you sitting in there with the lights off?" without realizing anything was strange.
You love music but can't really enjoy going to any sort of venue playing live music.
You regularly eat alone at restaurants.

Can confirm.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2019, 11:04 pm

Magna wrote:
FallingDownMan wrote:

^ This.

You plug your ears in shops, in waiting rooms and even when the telephone rings.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 12:33 am

KT67 wrote:
you like something from another country and you're obsessed with it and it isn't normal for people in your country to even like it.

Or you like something nobody else cares about.

Or as I like to call it 'you're an individual'.

That describes me to a T

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 12:36 am

If your username reflects where you should have been born.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 9:52 am

Previous Thread: You Might Be An Aspie If...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:01 am

You dread your birthday coming up incase anyone throws a suprize party and you don't like surprizes or parties.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:05 am

You May Be An Aspie If ...

... you feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages.

... you feel pride for getting to the store all by yourself until you realize that you left your shopping list on the computer's hard-drive.

... you feel somehow privileged to have insights into the subject of cultural anthropology because you have been studying people your whole life trying to figure out what makes their culture tick.

... you finally get a date, and all you can talk about is your favorite manga.

... you find an excuse to leave your own surprise birthday party early.

... you find it easier to remember something reasonable like "acetylsalicylic acid" rather than some arcane, fancy-schmantsy word like "aspirin".

... you find it extraordinarily annoying to hear someone say the same thing multiple times, yet you can not seem to help yourself when you do it, too.

... you find small talk incredibly cumbersome.

... you firmly believe that Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) should be named for Stephen Hawking instead of Lou Gehrig.

... you follow rules to the letter; but only if they make sense to you.

... you gather every "You may be an Aspie if..." statement you can find into a single file on your favorite thumb-drive and have no room left on it for music or cat videos.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:06 am

You May Be An Aspie If...

... you get all weirded-out when people look at you for too long.

... you get excited about events, objects, people, and places that everyone else could not possibly care any less about.

... you get extremely disappointed in yourself if you do not know something when you need to know it because you believe that you really should already know it.

... you get irritated when people come up to talk to you when you are doing something important (And everything you do is important!).

... you get offended when people accuse you of being a "know-it-all" as if being a "know-it-all" is a bad thing.

... you get stomach issues because you do not feel comfortable going to the bathroom in a new place.

... you get the same foods every time you eat out.

... you get upset because a family member who ought to know better gives as a birthday present something you already have.

... you get upset because Windows Vista does not have the defragmentation boxes like those seen in Windows XP.

... you get upset when someone cleans and straightens up your room because now you can not find anything.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:13 am

If you howl and meow in the subway---and really don't notice that people are looking at you funny.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 10:17 am

... someone asks "How are you?" and you actually explain your current physical and mental states to them.

... someone asks a rhetorical question and you answer it both truthfully and accurately.

... someone asks you if you believe in UFOs, and you answer "As what?"

... someone asks you what is wrong when you are just sitting there, fully relaxed and doing nothing.

... someone asks you what your favorite season is, and you answer "Of which show?"

... someone describes their personal problems, and all you can do is describe your own personal problems in response.

... someone gets angry with you because you are not crying over tragic news.

... someone gets angry with you because you are not rejoicing over happy news.

... someone is already sitting in your favorite chair in the break room, so you go back to work rather than sit in another chair.

... someone is talking to you, but all you can hear is the dripping faucet or the spinning fan in the next room.

... someone issues a "My Way or The Highway" ultimatum, and you take the "Highway" option without giving the "My Way" option a second thought.

... someone says something, and you ask someone else what was meant.

... someone takes it as a personal insult when you ask them to not touch you again.

... someone who just found out that you have AS starts talking you in "baby-talk", really loud and really slow.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
... someone is talking to you, but all you can hear is the dripping faucet or the spinning fan in the next room.

Then you get called ignorant, deaf , space-cadet or have to book a hearing test to prove your hearing works :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard