Page 4 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

nebucasneezer
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2022, 12:18 pm

velvet
socks
hair (like if my ponytail rubs on my neck or if I have to touch the ends of my hair)
towel material (I think it's called terrycloth?)
any food with a "stringy" texture: mango, sweet potato, overripe peaches. I will peel the strings off of my string beans.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 12:58 pm

bits in the bed

scratch labels

don't feel bruises and cuts except paper cuts

mother. said no sense no feeling lol

loud noise cacaphony too many peepz talking at once

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 12:59 pm

nebucasneezer wrote:
velvet
socks
hair (like if my ponytail rubs on my neck or if I have to touch the ends of my hair)
any food with a "stringy" texture: mango, sweet potato, overipe peaches. I will peel the strings off of my string beans.

I love rubbing hair

something_witty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2022, 3:19 pm

For me, I cannot stand the sound of chalk on chalkboards just thinking of it makes me stimulated. I also do not like the sound that sandpaper makes. It is grating to me and uncomfortable. So I don't know it is odd. But can't stand it. I also am weird about textures like slime that people play with. I do not like that feeling on my hands.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2022, 9:51 pm

ok i thought of more
I can't stand residue of any kind dry or wet.
i cannot tolerate somebody walking around with something they mean to throw away (ex food bits from sink filter)
reused hankies (like in back pocket)
fake cartoony voices (except for in cartoons)
people leaving outside doors open
a big one is just the enormity of everything in life that has to be done. cleaning, cooking, meds, shower, use, throw -away, bills...and on top of that all the social expectations. i'm so sure id be happier in a small town. or maybe not; everyone knows your business :P

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2022, 2:31 pm

this doesn't really bother me it's more of a stim/obsession: strands of hair over someone's face. my first scenario: Atrayu Neverending story...i always wanted straight relaxed hair like that first of all, but it was just fascinating and it would happen while he's scared lol so it just intensified...oh to have a mop like that! and that's a hair style now, don't even know what's it's called. i see someone with it once in a while and i just stare in adoration hehe. my hair is crinkly (i honestly cannot stand my hair and anybody touching it.) and i'm not about to relax it til it falls out.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2022, 2:33 pm

nebucasneezer wrote:
velvet
socks
any food with a "stringy" texture: mango, sweet potato, overripe peaches. I will peel the strings off of my string beans.

what about celery? it's so uncomfortable to eat. i even saw dehydrated celery and the strings totally creep me out.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:42 pm

Elgee wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I always lay my hand on the outside of the airplane when boarding.
It's a weird good luck thing I've done my whole life.

Doing "weird things" for good luck or to prevent something bad from happening is OCD. In autism doing "weird things" is done either for self-regulation, self-soothing, anxiety/stress, because it feels relaxing or good, or for no known reason.

I didn't explain it very well. It started as a sensory curiosity because I'm very tactile and I wanted to know how the outside of an airplane would feel. Most people never get to touch the outside no matter how often they fly. I thought it would be cold it was warm with the sun on it. I liked the feeling and that's why I still do it on every flight like a stim.

I should have said it was a sensory routine or ritual and not a "good luck thing".

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 2:10 am

I have an issue of feeling water droplets run down on my arms, really freaks me out.

Other than that I have sensory issues with clothes, fabric and food textures, sounds, smells and touch but I don't think they are very odd.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:52 pm

Don't like things touching my feet, which creates issues with shoes and socks.

Also prefer cold food to hot.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 7:37 am

Synthetic smells like detergent, air "fresheners" and the like.

The smell of anything burning, especially tobacco.

Small, tickly touches by hair, fabric, fingertips, etc.

Velvety fabrics.

Large numbers of people talking at the same time, even quietly, especially in a large, echoey room.

The usual annyances--bright lights, loud noises, strong smells in general.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 4:33 am

I can feel food moving through my body easily. I used to be very thin so I thought that was the reason. Now I'm not thin at all and can still feel it. If I have the time to kill I spend a lot of time on the toilet just to get rid of some of the pressure. :o At least I've read a lot of books during that time. :D

Paleonerd21
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2024, 4:11 pm

I have auditory processing issues and I hate the sound of scratching or scraping, like chalk on a chalkboard. You would think that such sound sensitivity would allow me to pick out certain sounds among many others. However, that’s not true for me. If I am in an environment with a lot of noise I can’t easily hear what people are saying to me, even if they’re relatively close.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 4:39 pm

In addition to whatever hearing my own breathing, my issue is with subtle vibrations and motions (vibrations and motions that are significantly weaker than the rocking sensation of travelling with cars/boat/ship;)...

I don't think it's something to do with the common phenomenon of my balance and vision fighting in my head (they're not and it's not my main issue), but just my balance -- my ears alone, and my overstretched visual processing (trying to perceive too many frames faster than I can process) while strained and tunneled on a very specific spot -- my eyes alone; both and seperately to be specific.

The former is highly possible that it's no thanks to the years of chronic sneezing, it must've screwed my ears as many things in my life already did.
Not just my hearing, but possibly sense and perception of balance and motion too.
No, I am not truly officially diagnosed with vertigo. Not yet if this lack of means of managing this nuisance continues.

The latter is a subconscious habit that my very young self can do without issue, but my aging slower in the inside self can no longer sustain.

No one is talking about interoceptive hypersensitivity issues.

I kept consciously feeling where my body is and how it is positioned for every hour of my waking life.
Sometimes even during sleep.

Maybe I have issues with constantly sensing pressure and gravity, too and I don't mean strength and muscle control issue.

And there's no earplug equivalent for this.
Also it's unavoidable.

Closest thing I'd get is getting numbed out for few hours at most through overstimulation via intense full body workouts that can potentially make me sick. :?

I've seen no any other accounts describing anything similar so far. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 7:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have to sleep with my feet sticking out past the end of the mattress, uncovered.

Because of this I can't have bed sheets tucked in.

Yeah...this...but most beds are too short for me anyway.
Dear_one wrote:
I can tell if a surface is electrically "live" with AC without touching a ground and getting a shock.

Does that taste like copper?
I can taste DC to RF with my fingers

ToughDiamond wrote:
I don't know if my motion sickness is worse than average. I feel sick within seconds if I try to read in a car.

Some kinds of noises probably bother me more than they'd bother most people. Part of the reason is that it breaks my focus when I'm thinking, and I also can't easily pick out spoken words when there's significant background noise.

Both of those

delvian wrote:
When people bite down on a metal spoon.

Yes, but worse....biting on a silver plated spoon with the silver worn off.
I get the electric copper feel as well.

I cannot give a decent massage. My hands feel like they're accumulating pain.

Some scents... I generally find floral scents too cloying.(Yet I will happily asphyxiate with cannabis terpenes). I prefer the smell of soldering rosin.
I can heave to the smell of malt (thank you Red Tulip factory) or brewers yeast (Thank you Auld Reekie brewery)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 11:22 pm

I can't handle bright lights and loud sounds. There are times that I feel a crawling sensation on my skin. I also have to cut the tags out of my shirts. The urges that I feel when I feel the need to have a bowel movement, the urge is so strong that I don't make it to the toilet half of the time. I don't like the taste or texture of cottage cheese, cream cheese or white sauces. I have extreme sensitivity to the heat. I also don't like it when people yell at me. Loud voices are like the feeling of a piercing through my eardrums. I don't like having people in my personal space. If people get too close, I have this closed in feeling with no escape.