What Genres of Music are Aspies Into?

Page 4 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 5:44 pm

I don't think aspie's taste in music can be generalized. It's a matter of personal taste.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Dec 2007, 8:56 pm

i listen to alot of this

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 9:00 pm

Probably all sorts.

I like a lot of different kinds of music. For neurological reasons there are some kinds of techno and rap and street drumming that I can't stand because they paralyze me or make me lose control of movement.

The kinds of music I most consistently like is country (not as much the stuff that sounds like pop with a Southern accent that they're putting out lately, but actual country), bluegrass, and folk (both traditional and modern, and I love watching how songs have mutated over time between, say, Ireland or England and Appalachia). But I like some music from most kinds of music, really.

One of my favorite bands is the Cocteau Twins since most of their songs it's impossible to hear the words. (They've broken up, but their lead singer sang on part of the soundtracks for Lord of the Rings that someone was mentioning earlier.) And I've perseverated on several bands before (one band at a time, usually) including listening to single songs on continuous repeat for days, etc.

I don't think my emotions are less extreme or more simplified than usual.

Topher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2007, 9:18 pm

For me I am into, Goth stuff like Rock, Metal, Grunge, Punk and everything else along those lines. So I have things like Linkin Park, Green Day, System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Trivium, KoRn and so on :P

vessel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Dec 2007, 10:19 pm

Mostly classical and ambient.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2007, 1:04 am

I especially like loreena mckennit (celtic), enya (celtic) enigma(alternative? trance? techno???), 3 doors down, 3 days grace, 3rd eye blind :lol: nickelback (i believe n.b. would be soft rock.... :? although granted, they have moved into mainstream recently) , and then most country, very little pop, like nelly furtado, pink, black eyed peas.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 1:10 am

old stuff

my favorites are Fleetwood Mac 1975-1987, Genesis 1976-1992, Styx... 1972-1983
Rush... til the 80's
Black Sabbath (the Dio years mostly)

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 2:30 am

jjstar wrote:
Alvin and the Chipmonks

They do Gregorian chants.... really high! [drum fill] :lol:

dcforeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2007, 4:40 am

Personally I avoid music period. It's an emotional stimulant, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I get enough emotional stimulation from my daily affairs. The never system needs a good rest when your on your own, and certainly doesn't need tweaking when not!

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 4:59 am

I mostly listen to various genres and classifications of Rock music with a few other things mixed in. Favorite bands/artists of mine include AC/DC, Aerosmith, Cake, Electric Light Orchestra, Faith No More, Flogging Molly, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Jonathan Coulton, MC Frontalot, Metallica, The Offspring, Queen, System of a Down, Tenacious D, Tom Petty, Tool, Traveling Wilburys, Ween, and Weird Al.

whitedragon
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2007, 10:01 am

TheTraditionalFrog wrote:
Predominately Classical here. J.S. Bach being my favourite. I also love the polyphony of Palestrina. I also enjoy some Big Band/Swing, and some muzak.

..... Gregorian Chant, particularly as sung at a traditional Roman Catholic Solemn High Mass. Now that is pure beauty!

I like J.S. Bach and some other Baroque music. I'm beginning to explore choral polyphony in the Renaissance.

BlueMax wrote:
One thing is for sure - we most likely enjoy whatever we like, as opposed to the sheeple who all insist on listening to the same Top-10 category stuff.

That has a ring of truth, though I could be wrong.

[edited to stick with the thread topic]

Last edited by whitedragon on 23 Dec 2007, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 10:38 am

Death metal.

And songs that take the piss out of life, i.e. The London Underground Song, possibly my favourite song of all, even better than death metal.

lotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2007, 6:18 pm

My playlist:

project playlist

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 9:03 pm

I love dance music. To a lesser extent I enjoy rap/hip-hop. I think the reason is because both genres have good beats and choruses that get repeated frequently.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 9:07 pm

I would post my last fm, but there was an 18 month gap where I didn't use it so it's so inaccurate it's scary.

SO errr...

Primarily electro-indie-rock with a bit of pop thrown in.

A bit of alternative rock...

Lots of up-n-coming bands...

Anything that involves the use of a Korg.

And then weird little forays into new age/mystic/folk stuff, like Loreena McKennitt.

Classical... as a classical pianist how could I not appreciate the great masters.

Dance dance dance...

Getting a bit more into some hardcore lately...

But not hip hop. Not death metal. Not R&B. Not hard rock. And generally not what's in the charts.