Page 4 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

hiunikel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 May 2008, 3:19 pm

I HAVE 22 YEARS NOW BUT I LOOK LIKE I HAVE ONLY 17

THAT IS ASPERGER MY FRIEND

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 3:23 pm

Thats funny i saw this thread, i can look like I'm like maybe 10 years old sometimes, some people actually say if they look in my eyes they see a toddler. Babies stare at me like crazy so do little kids, my only real life friend lol megan when we would hang out would drag me on floor with me layin on a blanket and she would say its scary to look down at you because i swear you look like your 3 years old. My boyfriend hates looking me in the eyes because he feels like a pedaphile loool, because my spirit/my soul is of a toddler. I'm tiny too, just about 5'3, prob 5'2 and half, 90 something lbs, lately 96lbs, so you can pick me up so easily hahahah.

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 May 2008, 5:26 pm

I'm 28 and still get asked for ID. I think I mentaly am too. I love my 360 and cartoons. :D

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 5:37 pm

~sigh~

I had 'the look' for a long time, but not anymore.

Appreciate it while you got it.....

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 5:41 pm

Quote:
Young appearance 42.1%

I'm one of the 57.9%. I'm exactly the opposite; ever since I hit puberty, I've looked old for my age. When I was 15, I was served in a bar, so the barman obviously thought I was 18+

Now that I'm 19, people regularly say that I could pass for 20 at least. It has been said that I look older than my sister, who's 25. Now that's depressing.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 7:40 pm

I'm 43, but have been told I look much younger. I think that is because I take good care of my health and I have good genes. My parents both look young for their age (69).

22 May 2008, 7:48 pm

Age1600 wrote:
Thats funny i saw this thread, i can look like I'm like maybe 10 years old sometimes, some people actually say if they look in my eyes they see a toddler. Babies stare at me like crazy so do little kids, my only real life friend lol megan when we would hang out would drag me on floor with me layin on a blanket and she would say its scary to look down at you because i swear you look like your 3 years old. My boyfriend hates looking me in the eyes because he feels like a pedaphile loool, because my spirit/my soul is of a toddler. I'm tiny too, just about 5'3, prob 5'2 and half, 90 something lbs, lately 96lbs, so you can pick me up so easily hahahah.

Funny because my ex felt the same way about me. he always felt he was with a kid and he feels like a pedo if I am acting younger because I am watching kid shows or I'm in a fetal position. Also the fact I slept with my baby blanket and my stuffed Clifford. he also didn't like my stims and the things I did when I get really excited. :x

I just hope he read more of the threads and here and came across threads about how we act and all and he would see that was why I acted that way. not because I want to be a "baby" or a "kid." Maybe he would feel like an idiot haha. MMM I wonder if that could be why he IMed me on YIM after Thanksgiving but I never heard from him again because I was taken. I think he wanted to see if I was single so he could give it another shot with me about our relationship. That's what my bf suggested.

snuuz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2008, 7:49 pm

I'm 45, still have a full head of hair, no gray only recently started getting some creases in my face. I do believe Aspies mature at a slower rate for some reason. I regularly got carded for liquor up to about 5 years ago.

Not sure that my youthful appearance is due to the lack of partying, because I did so to excess through my college years and beyond. (I guess I was trying to fit in but can say that the booze, etc., never helped).

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2008, 7:58 pm

I'm the smallest chap in my year in school and wear heeled boots to lessen any perceptions. I'd love to run and gym more when I finish my exams in a month's time so as to emphasise my figure a bit, as despite a decently-chiselled face and being exceedingly hairy (which takes the fun out of having a dump), my height I believe makes me look a year younger than I am. My height is a lamentable subject for me.

ssenkrad
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2008, 8:54 pm

And I thought I was bad, mang. I'm nearly 22 but am consistently mistaken for a 17-19 year old. I get carded regularly, even for smokes (fortunately I kicked that habit). I was at Laughlin gambling not too long ago and got carded there at least a few times.

Confidence can add a few years to your looks. Display it and people will not be so critical of your physical features. It can help to make up for at least some of the missing few years, guys.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 8:59 pm

rushfanatic wrote:
I agree, I am 41, but look like I could still pass for my mid-30's..Enjoy it!

I'll enjoy it when I look old enough that people start taking me seriously and stop treating me like a child.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

ssenkrad
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2008, 9:02 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
rushfanatic wrote:

I'll enjoy it when I look old enough that people start taking me seriously and stop treating me like a child.

Well, we're still young. I guess it has its benefits in older age. I mean, a midlife crisis sports car doesn't look so much like a crisis if you don't look middle aged.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 9:20 pm

rushfanatic wrote:

Up until I hit 35, I could pass for mid-twenties and often got carded if I ever ordered an alcoholic drink. At 41, I'm told I can pass for early 30's. Time does eventually catch up with all of us, but I think that because people with AS or an ASD don't use their facial muscles as much as other people do. I've had a more or less 'blank' expression on my face, so I don't have crow's feet around the eyes or laugh/worry lines. I suppose a lack of facial expression is better than Botox.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 9:29 pm

Nico wrote:
archdude wrote:
In any case, I don't think a woman should judge a man who asks her for a date too harshly, unless he is rude. Whatever the reason, it is a compliment and should be taken as such.

I can see what you mean, but it makes me uncomfortable that men who clearly look older than my dad hit on me when I'm only 16.

They're sickos. A man of that age has no business hitting on a 16 year old girl. Whatever you do, don't date one. Any man in his 30s'-40's (even 20's) in a relationship with a teenager girl is doing so because A., they're very immature, B. they're the next closest thing to being pedophiles and C., they're looking for someone they think they can control. Also, as an aqcuaintance of mine in this sort of situation found out, when the girl gets older (like 18, 19, 20 etc), he'll dump her for a younger girl. The very idea of such an age difference disgusts me.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2008, 9:43 pm

_BRI_ wrote:
We look younger physically, why is that?

It is interesting, isn't it? I have had 20 year olds at work think I was in their age range (and some of them looked older than I do), and they think I am joking when I tell them my real age. I once had a dentist's receptionist hand me a note to give to my teacher for when I got to school from my dentist appointment - i was 25 at the time, I graduated at least 8 years before. I smile a lot, and have dimples in my cheeks and I "smile with my eyes" (i.e. I squint) - that gives me a bit of a baby face anyway. Like someone else said, enjoy the gift of youth, because eventually that will catch up to us :wink: Just think of it, we get to look younger, and other people have to *pay* plastic surgeons to get what we have naturally. :lol:

22 May 2008, 9:52 pm

Rainstorm5 wrote:
Nico wrote:
archdude wrote:
In any case, I don't think a woman should judge a man who asks her for a date too harshly, unless he is rude. Whatever the reason, it is a compliment and should be taken as such.

I can see what you mean, but it makes me uncomfortable that men who clearly look older than my dad hit on me when I'm only 16.

They're sickos. A man of that age has no business hitting on a 16 year old girl. Whatever you do, don't date one. Any man in his 30s'-40's (even 20's) in a relationship with a teenager girl is doing so because A., they're very immature, B. they're the next closest thing to being pedophiles and C., they're looking for someone they think they can control. Also, as an aqcuaintance of mine in this sort of situation found out, when the girl gets older (like 18, 19, 20 etc), he'll dump her for a younger girl. The very idea of such an age difference disgusts me.

What if the teen looked older than their age so a guy thought a 16 year old was a 21 year old? Are they still sickos.
People thought I was older when I was that age and I'm sure young men hit on me because they thought I was older.

When I was 20, there was a guy at work whom I liked. He was very cute and he had no facial hair so i was attracted to him. I talked all hot about him by saying things about his his looks and calling him the "cute guy" but I did this all behind his back because I was even too shy to talk to him and tell him how cute he is. Then one day the assistant boss of housekeeping decides to break the news to me, she told me he was only 15. Boy was I shocked and embarrassed. I stopped talking about him and wasn't interested in him anymore. :oops:
But all the bosses told me it was all okay and I could pass off as a 17 year old or a 16 year old dating him since I look younger than my age. I think in Montana people are more tolerant in grownups dating minors even though the age of consent is 18. There was a 15 year old girl who was pregnant and the father of her baby was a 20 year old guy and no one freaked out about it in my school, not even the teachers. They all acted like it was all okay to date a underage teen and to get them pregnant. Worst of all, he didn't want anything to do with his daughter after she was born.