Set of scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders

Page 32 of 51 [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 51  Next

Crysta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2012, 9:11 am

Hi all,

My scores were:
1) Autistic/BAP
[You scored 109 aloof, 123 rigid and 107 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.]
2) 45
3) This address link gave this: "Visitors, we are sorry, however, this site is experiencing difficulties at this time. Please return later."
4) 45 [Your results indicate that you need to work on improving the skills that can help you identify, perceive and express emotions in yourself and others. Difficulties in this area of emotional intelligence can hinder your ability to read others, to understand how they feel, and to effectively identify your own emotions. Lacking these skills could mean that you struggle to relate to others and may sometimes even question why you yourself behave the way you do.]
5) 25
6) 25
7) file not found :(
Aspie Quiz) Your Aspie score: 181 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 27 of 200
[You are very likely an Aspie]

:) Very helpful and insightful! So many things I do (or don't do) and I never realised they could be aspie traits!

SpencerUnresolved
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2012, 3:49 am

So heres my dilema, hopefully, I can have some light shed on all of this. I took all of those tests that I could and I seemed to get mixed scores, I am well aware these are not diagnoses and do not represent much at all.

Let me be a little more specific, my entire life I have felt as if I was wired differently than other people. I go about things in a much more precise way, that it comes off as if I am trying to act pompus or arrogant. That is not at all the case. A lot of what I have been reading lately is centered around social interacions/understandings. I would consider that I am usually right on point about other peoples motives, feelings, and the way I react to these things. I'm not sure how to say this in a way that will be clear but I will give it a shot. As far back as I can remember, I have had such an issue connecting on a deep level with anyone, and heres where the arrogance part comes in, because more often than not I can guess ahead of time how most people will act, and not exact words but I have a pretty good idea of what people will say in response to things. This has become so pressing my in life that I find myself trying to be wrong, playing games that are unfair to other people specifically to see how they will react or what they will do. The amount of times that I am right just sends me further and further into the thought that I'm just different. I tend to pick apart relationships with anyone that tries to be close with me before I know what I'm doing and its just not healthy to be and feel so alone.

Not sure my point in posting this but I have no where to turn and I need some answers because I am extremely unhappy and cannot continue in this way. I feel a breaking point coming close and closer.

Can anyone relate to any of this?

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

Your Aspie score: 170 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

I don't know what any of this means but hey ho xD

Ericys
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

All tests have been completed less the EQ/SQ-R and the Cambridge Face Memory Test.

AQ: 37 (I have done this test twice so this is an average)

BAPT:
Autistic/BAP
Analysis: Aloof (132%)
Rigid (116%)
Pragmatic (118%)
Diagnosis (6%)

EIQ: 50 (SSR*)
Sample Report:
IQ Score = 116
Percentile Score = 86
Emotional Identification, Perception, and Expression = 77 (Normal)
Emotional Facilitation of Thought = 83 (Negatively Skewed due to: Rumination = 20 and Problem-Solving = 100)
Emotional Understanding = 71 (Normal)
Emotional Management = 79 (Normal with an outlier: Conflict Resolution Behavior = 58)
Ego Maturity = 82 (Normal)

Highly Sensitive Person: 21/27 (78%)

Reading the mind in the eyes:
Expressions i missed include: playful, desire, insisting, worried, despondent, preoccupied, cautious, sceptical, anticipating,
accusing, friendly, interested, reflective, flirtatious, confident, concerned and nervous.

Aspie-quiz:
Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your Nerotypical score: 54 of 200
You are very likely an aspie

Aspie Talent: 9.7 of 10
DR**: None but a high score is related to giftedness.

Neurotypical Talent: 5.5 of 10
DR: No direct, but many diagnoses like ADD/ADHD seem to be related to a low score.

Aspie Compulsion: 9.2 of 10
DR: A high score is related to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Neurotypical Compulsion: 0.3 of 10
DR: None.

Aspie Social: 7.3 of 10
DR: A high score is related to ADD/ADHD, Bipolar and ODD.

Neurotypical Social: 1.0 of 10
DR: A low score is related to Social Phobia.

Aspie Communication: 7.4 of 10
DR: A high score is sometimes related to tourette, but the primary relation is with stimming and unusual communication.

Neurotypical Communication: 0.4 of 10
DR: A low score is related to Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC).

Aspie Hunting: 4.4 of 10
DR: None.

Neurotypical Hunting: 7.7 of 10
DR: A low score is related to Dyslexia and Dyscalculia.

Aspie Perception: 9.1 of 10
DR: No direct, but Autistics often have differences in perception.

Neurotypical Perception: 2.1 of 10
DR: A low score is related to Dyspraxia.

Environment: 5.9 of 10
DR: A high score is related to many psychiatric diagnoses and is sometimes required in order to get a diagnosis.

*Snapshot Report
**Diagnostic Relation

Kisster
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

I saw this and figured what the heck, I'll take them. All tests have been completed less the EQ/SQ-R and the Cambridge Face Memory Test, since those links are no longer working. I didn't think at the time to copy the results, I just wrote down the scores.

BAPQ - Rigid & Language
85 aloof
99 rigid
94 pragmatic

AQ - 35

EIQ - 57

Highly Sensitive Person - 18

Reading the mind in the eyes - 34

Aspie-quiz -
Aspie score = 140 of 200
NT score = 79 of 200

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jul 2012, 8:10 pm

I have a huge assortment of Autism and somewhat related tests on this page (including my results on them).

As far as I know, most of the links still work.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Cadawell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

These are all of the tests I've taken so far, mostly from here. Mostly they tell me I'm addicted to online quizzes :P

Aspie-Quiz: 101 Aspie, 102 NT
BAP: 111 aloof, 98 rigid, 79 pragmatic
AQ: 33
EQ: 16
SQ: 41
FQ: 31
TFIS: 56
Reading the Mind in Voices: 94%
Reading the Mind in Faces: 88%
Reading the Mind in Film: 50%

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jul 2012, 2:12 pm

SpencerUnresolved wrote:

Spencer:

Anything that anyone here would say is just guess work. The best thing, IMO, is to find a therapist. If you think you might be on the Autism spectrum, make sure that the person specializes in developmental (or neurodevelopmental) disorders.

Here are two places to start:

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php

http://grasp.org/page/therapists

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2012, 8:13 am

Here's what I got:

IQ: 139
AQ: 45/50
EIQ: 35/100
BAP: You scored 132 aloof, 126 rigid and 132 pragmatic
Your Aspie score: 185 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 14 of 200

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

AQ: 41
EIQ test: 34
HSP: Highly sensitive

Aspie quiz:

Your Aspie score: 168 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 19 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 6:34 am

1. The Broad Autism Phenotype Questionnaire (BAPQ; Hurley et al., 2007).

Autistic/BAP
You scored 104 aloof, 91 rigid and 115 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
I tried to take the eye-reading test, but quickly desisted when I found that I was simply not presented with sufficient data to reach any conclusion. Most of the eye pictures said nothing whatsoever to me - I couldn't even follow the advice to "select the one that feels right", because I got no feeling whatsoever from them.

I agree, first of all, I thought that both AS and NT people need to be able to see the whole face at least in order to understand the expression. I am now guessing that for NTs the eyes are just enough. The photos of the eyes that he used also, are still shots or portraits of actors and actresses or models I think (I recognized Elizabeth Taylor and another one who's name I can not recall). In effect all the people in his eye pics were posing for the lense, they weren't in real situations.

BoyAspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2012, 7:49 pm

Wanna know my results? Here you go:

1. "The Broad Autism Phenotype Questionnaire" Results:
-Rigid & Language

You scored 77 aloof, 84 rigid and 96 pragmatic
You score above the cutoff for both rigid personality and pragmatic communication differences. You probably don't really like changes, especially unexpected ones. You may have a daily routine that you seldom vary, dislike going to unfamiliar places or meeting new people, or have specific rules about how you do things which you refuse to change. In addition, you likely have trouble with communication, which is probably more evident in informal, social settings than in more formalized settings where the expectations are explicitly stated. However, you are apparently just as interested, if not more, in interacting with other people. You may be either on the broader autistic phenotype, or in fact autistic.

2. "The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) test" Results:
- Agree: 2,4,12,13,16,26,41,46: 1 point
Disagree: 1,10,15,25,30,31,32,34,38,40,49: 1 point
Score: 19

3. "The Empathizing Quotient and Systemizing Quotient - Revised (EQ SQ-R) tests" Results:
- Unavailable, sadly

4. "The EIQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient) Test" Results:
- 60/100; You appear to have at least some basic skill when it comes to identifying, perceiving and expressing emotions in yourself and others. However, there is still a great deal of room to improve on this core ability.

5. "The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) test" Results:
- Hard to explain, but answered under fourteen questions.

6. "Understanding facial expression test: The 'Reading the mind in the eyes' test (Baron-Cohen et al.)" Results:

7. "The Aspie Quiz (Ekblad, rdos.net)" Results (This is what I found odd as an Aspie):
- Your Aspie score: 99 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm

My EIQ on Queendom was 68 out of 100. I don't think that's terrible. It said it was somewhat high. These tests are actually really helpful in understanding myself better. Oh, and on the career test I got interesting results that pointed to a management position: executive chief. I'm like, wow. I do think having high empathy and responsibility would be absolutely essential in a job like this. Especially if it was public affairs related.

I imagine EIQ is not set in stone, and that you can improve your emotional intelligence over time. I'm good at conflict resolution. I took the Aspie test and it said my answers were inconsistent and had no score. I guess that means I'm either too normal or not norrmal enough, lol. It was a complex test and I'm kinda complex...ugh.

My IQ is terribly low. I was a genuis at 12 and I'm an idiot at 23. fml fml oh well fml = and if we interpret the previous text we see that she has a very dry sarcastic sense of humor, and you probably didn't laugh because...well let's face it. I'm superficial and ret*d. *angry face*

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 2:10 am

Scores so far...

Aloof = 112
Rigid = 99
Pragmatic = 96

Aspie = 134/200
Neurotypical = 66/200

AQ = 45 (Avg non-Aspie is 16.4, Aspie is 32-50)

EIQ =61/100

Empathizer Test and Face Tests wouldn't open for me.

Wow...these scores sure sound indicative of me being an Aspie. What's odd is that I DON'T feel odd. I assumed my behaviors were normal and the people who complained to me about them were just being nitpicky.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 3:11 pm

SpencerUnresolved wrote:
So heres my dilema, hopefully, I can have some light shed on all of this. I took all of those tests that I could and I seemed to get mixed scores, I am well aware these are not diagnoses and do not represent much at all.

Let me be a little more specific, my entire life I have felt as if I was wired differently than other people. I go about things in a much more precise way, that it comes off as if I am trying to act pompus or arrogant. That is not at all the case. A lot of what I have been reading lately is centered around social interacions/understandings. I would consider that I am usually right on point about other peoples motives, feelings, and the way I react to these things. I'm not sure how to say this in a way that will be clear but I will give it a shot. As far back as I can remember, I have had such an issue connecting on a deep level with anyone, and heres where the arrogance part comes in, because more often than not I can guess ahead of time how most people will act, and not exact words but I have a pretty good idea of what people will say in response to things. This has become so pressing my in life that I find myself trying to be wrong, playing games that are unfair to other people specifically to see how they will react or what they will do. The amount of times that I am right just sends me further and further into the thought that I'm just different. I tend to pick apart relationships with anyone that tries to be close with me before I know what I'm doing and its just not healthy to be and feel so alone.

Not sure my point in posting this but I have no where to turn and I need some answers because I am extremely unhappy and cannot continue in this way. I feel a breaking point coming close and closer.

I don't think I can relate, but I do want to understand. Are you saying that people bore you because they are too predictable, and it's that way for deeper relationships as well as everyday social interactions? And to overcome this boredom you 'play' people just to see how they'll react because that's usually less boring because it's not so easily predictable?

I suppose when I don't care about anyone at all, whatever they say is boring. And when I think about it, yeah, most people, especially romantic relationships, are very predictable. But it's not the predictability of the relationship that makes romance and connecting a thing, it's the feelings involved in it. 'Discovering' someone you love is the discovery of love and how much you truly value it. And although, yes, you will only experience it around that one person/people you're in love with, again, it's the feelings that person ellicits in you, not that that person is somehow very different from everyone else (although you'll perceive that they are.) When it comes right down to it, we're all very, very similar.
And then of course there's the fact that long-term relationships just don't have the jolt or cloud 9 feeling last forever. After that, well, it's more of a support and comfort thing. Someone to hold onto, that you can trust, that you can be yourself around, even though you dont' get butterflies in your stomach around them anymore. Which, again, really, doesn't require a 'special' person, rather a person who you know you can get along with and who knows you and who, basically, is just there in your life.

Maybe you expect too much from a relationship. What DO you expect from a close relationship? What are you not getting that you want?
Some cultures don't even believe in the western view of love. Or so I've heard, don't make me look up a source!
It just seems to me that a LOT of people who don't find relationships are the people who expect to much from them, in general, and so they'll leave a good relationship to try and find a great relationship. Not that this is you, but you still might have the bar set high.

Usually you'd think that analyzing someone would make for a great relationship :-p What about from you? Have you ever opened up and told someone you want to feel close with about how you predict and play with people? Why or why not? What happened? Would that be an example of you 'opening up' to someone?

This should be its own thread.