greenturtle74’s Cartoon Guide to Asperger’s

Page 35 of 43 [ 681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2014, 8:28 pm

B19 wrote:
GT you are so talented. Do you do this for a living too?

Nope, just for my amusement.

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2014, 7:59 am

YEAH!I agree with your last sentance. I wish we were understood more.

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2014, 9:41 pm

your an aspie.trust me.I can tell from how you talk.and how you described yourself when you had confidence.Get that confidence back.I believe in you. :)

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2014, 9:43 pm

your an aspie.trust me.I can tell from how you talk.and how you described yourself when you had confidence.Get that confidence back.I believe in you. :)

Sashiku
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2014, 8:10 am

From one artist to another, "good job!" That was quite entertaining. ^^

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

"Dude, I'm an Aspie."
I just love that quote, man.
Is it okay if I make a t-shirt for World Autism awareness/pride day with that printed on it? Just let me know if it's okay. Stay awesome. 8)

Moo approves!

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2014, 5:45 pm

TheMighty_Moo wrote:
"Dude, I'm an Aspie."
Is it okay if I make a t-shirt for World Autism awareness/pride day with that printed on it? Just let me know if it's okay. Stay awesome. 8)

Hi, I have five T-shirt designs for sale in my store! http://www.zazzle.com/dudeimanaspie

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2014, 1:15 am

greenturtle74 wrote:
TheMighty_Moo wrote:
"Dude, I'm an Aspie."

Hi, I have five T-shirt designs for sale in my store! http://www.zazzle.com/dudeimanaspie

Thanks, pal! 8)

Moo approves!

Aura
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2014, 12:45 pm

Absolutely LOVE these cartoons!! ! My brain is always implementing a cartoon image of my environment in any situation. Wishing I could put them together, for the humor as I see things is far easily explained by image than my verbal attempts! LOL
Thank you for this. Great job, even my 10 year old son, who is suspected of high functioning autism and undergoing testing, says, "that is me!" after reading your toons. Is very awesome. You should do more! :D

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2014, 7:32 am

That was awesome, ive always felt that way and never known why ,things are starting to make sense.keep up the good work

GibbieGal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm

Dude, I'm an Aspie and that is MY HANDWRITING style that you're forging! 8O

:lol:

Zurdo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2014, 5:39 pm

Hey greenturtle74, I just wanted to thank you for your drawings on that first page (have yet to keep reading if there are more).

I honestly have to say that when i saw those drawings, it was the first time I recognized that I have Aspergers. Yesterday.

2 weeks ago I didn't know what Aspergers was. The only reference I had was regarding that kid Adam Lanza. Around that time, a family member came up to me with some information regarding the Sindrome. This person even took one of those online test for me and determined it could be something that I have.

I looked at the information and did some research. I took a test on my own, but there was an error retrieving the results. I didn't give that much of an importance and pretty much forgot about it. Days later this family member made an appointment with a neurologist, just to be sure. I agreed to go. This mainly because the Dr. has Aspergers himself and treats these kind of disorders on kids and adults (I'm in my 30's, by the way). I was curious.

During the appointment, the guy asked us some questions regarding mental illness history on the family; questions about my childhood; head injuries during that time; patterns of behavior; parents having Aspergers as well. However. the guy pretty much did all the talking. I was expecting for him to do like a specific questionnaire and draw a result based on that. This wasn't the case. By the end of the session, It felt like he wanted us to figure it out based on the information he told us (which was a lot). He send me a prescription and schedule a follow up for next month.

I don't know if the information that my family member and I told him was enough for him to determine something. I don't know if he saw something important on my behavior during the session. The thing is that when I shook him hand good-bye he said "Welcome to the club". I didn't know what to make of all of this. I thought "Are you sure? Don't you have to do a questionnaire or something?"

I had a lot of doubts after that day. Almost everything he said described me, but there were some key elements he mentioned that I wasn't sure of. I looked a lot of youtube videos. Talked to my best friend regarding my odd behavior since we met, and out of nowhere he says "I always taught that you might have Aspergers". I was speechless. Talked to my older brother as well. He was pretty sure of it.

On the following days I kept looking at videos and information. I still had doubts regarding some Aspergers traits I was sure I didn't have (Like collecting things and having "one side conversations"). Then I saw a video that basically said "No two people with Aspergers are the same". I was starting to accept it and then I saw your drawings.

It hit me like a hammer. Don't know why but it did. I wanted to cry. Probably I still do as I'm writing this :lol:

There were things regarding my persona that always had no clue about. Things I did that made me feel anxious and lately depressed. Knowing that is a "thing", a way of living, puts everything in perspective.

I was looking in this forum for some place for people to introduce themselves. Since I couldn't find it, I post this here. I know it's a long post and very personal, but I felt like a had to get it out of my chest.

It's a big deal to me. Thank you greenturtle74.

PS

s**t, I cried after all.

GibbieGal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2014, 8:14 pm

Hi Zurdo, welcome! I'm also recently diagnosed. I suspected Asperger's for years - that or a personality disorder! - but I didn't get my "badge" until last month. When you mentioned that your friends and family members all suspected it when you didn't, it reminded me of a conversation that I had with a customer after my diagnosis. She said, "Well, you do have a sweet quirky side and I'm glad you let me see it, but we didn't see it at first because you don't show it to anybody right away." I had no idea that when I initially present myself, in an interview or whatever, I'm decidedly un-quirky, rigid and silent. I'll bet you present your Asperger's to other people more than you realize.

One thing that I think makes the difference between being a li'l autitistic, and not just introverted, is that introverts can lie about themselves; they can present well and socialize and then go home and crash. But me, I can't lie. I just look like what I am. 8)

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2014, 8:52 pm

Zurdo wrote:
Hey greenturtle74, I just wanted to thank you for your drawings on that first page (have yet to keep reading if there are more).

I honestly have to say that when i saw those drawings, it was the first time I recognized that I have Aspergers. Yesterday.

Hi Zurdo, thank you for sharing your story. I love to hear from people when they have their "light bulb" moment; it truly never gets old. For my cartoons to play a role in that realization is an honor.

I think "Welcome to the club" is an apt thing to say, and I hope you will feel at home here on WP and other autistic online communities of which there are many. You can also visit my site, dudeimanaspie.com, for more cartoons. Best wishes to you.

kalabalik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2014, 4:32 pm

Zurdo wrote:

I don't know if the information that my family member and I told him was enough for him to determine something. I don't know if he saw something important on my behavior during the session. The thing is that when I shook him hand good-bye he said "Welcome to the club". I didn't know what to make of all of this. I thought "Are you sure? Don't you have to do a questionnaire or something?"

Hi Zurdo

I think he just did figure out that your a Aspie by your behaviour.

I can sometimes se people on TV that I'm sure about are on ours spectrum.

I know a awesome meteorologist on TV that I believe is somewhere on ours spectrum of Asperger. No NT cools guess she is an Aspie if they don't know the small signs that we are giving more or less only possible to other Aspires to interpret.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

Hey, I'm interviewed on the Thinking Persons' Guide to Autism, Autism Acceptance Month series! Check it out, and be sure to read all the rest of the interviews.

http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/2014/04/autism-acceptance-month-2014-matt.html