Set of scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders

Page 37 of 51 [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 51  Next

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 6:46 am

Yes, that is one of the weak points in tests like these, and probably the answer to why we tend to get slightly different results from day to day or week to week. We change our feelings a bit, - but within a certain range of variation, the overall result of tests done through a longer period should give an approximate picture.

EverythingShimmers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2013, 10:30 pm

lilredcat:

From reading around about this topic, my interpretation of that and similar questions are as follows:

"Do you like to be around people who are NOT your immediate family?"

This is because many people consider being with their spouse or children to be very different from being with acquaintances or being in large social groups. With your immediate family, you won't get as drained since you understand them much better, and they you. Also, you aren't generally required to keep up conversations the whole time you're with them - family may be content to "do their own thing" in each other's presence, with only occasional casual interaction.

Regardless of if you want to have friends, or if you do have a couple good friends who you like to be around, if more than 50% of the time that you are in situations with people who are not your immediate family or chosen few close friends, do you enjoy yourself or not?

From what you've said, it seems like you don't. I would answer in the sense that you don't like to be around people, then.

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2013, 7:06 am

This aspie quiz with a score out of 200, how accurate is it? Is it based on actual science or just made up by some random person?

I got a score of 174/200, I know it's just a guide but I honestly thought I was a little less severe than that. Maybe I've spent so long and trying so hard to be NT, I'm kidding myself about the way I really am.

When in doubt........mumble.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 10:14 am

I remember now. The 30% NT came from a fun-test, "not to be taken seriously": Your NT score :D

EverythingShimmers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2013, 8:19 pm

Kookygirl:

I think the Aspie Quiz is more on the end of "just made up by some random person" then actual science. I think whoever made it based it off of other tests by scientists and possibly added their own stuff too. Its popularity remains because of the fact that most aspies do, in fact, score as "probably aspie" on it. However, there are examples of people who don't. Look to the very first post of this thread as an example. Scientist (who created this thread) was fairly reluctant to even include the aspie quiz at all, and he shows his own score at the bottom of the post.

So, while the test may be fun, don't take it too seriously. No one can really say, apart from whoever made the test, how much of it is "real" science, and how much of it is made up. It also isn't a very good indicator of how severe a person is, in my opinion, since it doesn't measure your levels of functioning. I think it's more of a measure of "how likely" a person is to be an aspie, not how severe their autism is - if they do, in fact, have it.

See a doctor for the real stuff.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 3:21 am

If the score is appr. the same in any of these tests over a longer period, I am inclined to believe, that there must be something to it.
By the way. One of the more valid indicator tests hasn´t been mentioned here, I believe.

RAADS-R (The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised).

EverythingShimmers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Thank you Jensen. The RAADS-R was one that I hadn't heard of until today! Here is a link to a place where people can take it:

http://www.aspietests.org/raads/index.php

This is definitely one of the more "valid" tests, because it is used by diagnosticians. However, I would caution people that this test is probably best when administered in an interview format by someone who is sensitive to the different varieties of how autism shows up in different people. A lot of the questions are very "all or nothing" and some of them could be misleading if you're trying to interpret the question by yourself, especially if you don't know anything about autism yet. But then, this goes for many of the tests in this thread.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 2:13 pm

Yes, that is the problem. Furthermore the answers can vary due to mood at the particular time. There are too few options. Some questions are very hard to interpret.
I just took it once more.
Different score, but within the same group ("suspected AS"), - and the same as in other tests (I think, I have done them all), which makes me believe, that all of them, together, performed 3-4 times each over a longer period must give a reliable hint.

Last edited by Jensen on 01 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2013, 3:57 pm

I scored a 189 on the RAADS-R you linked, with nearly spot-on average Language and Social for a Male with diagnosed ASD, but my Sensory and Interests were even off those charts by about 10 points each...

RAADS-R: 189 total
Diagnosed 9/2013

donothing1979
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2013, 2:39 am

Scientist wrote:
:idea: Here's a collection of 6 scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Note: These are not diagnostic tests, they can only give you an indication! Also: if you score low on AQ, and/or low on difference(EQ - SQ-R): no Extreme Systemizer, and/or score high on the EIQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient) Test, and/or score high on the 'Reading the mind in the eyes' test and/or score high on the Cambridge Face Memory test and/or you're not a Highly Sensitive Person, you might still have AS or HFA!

/

here are a few of my results:

BAP: Autistic/BAP : 120 aloof, 86 rigid, and 108 pragmatic (last time i took this, i came out "Socially Odd" with similar stats... i doubt the utility of this test.)

AQ: 39 (scored 36 the first time i did this test...)

EIQ: overall: 74
EIQ Categories –
"Emotional Identification, Perception, and Expression" : 52
"Emotional Facilitation of Thought" : 29
"Emotional Understanding" : 66
"Emotional Management" : 44
"Ego Maturity" : 38

RAADS-R: Overall: 148.0
RAADS-R Categories –
"Language" : 8.0
"Social Relatedness" : 87.0
"Sensory" : 27.0
"Circumscribed Interests" : 26.0
(link: "http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php?show=4a28069a4208&locale=en_GB" )

EQSQ: "Your Empathizing Quotient is 4. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately".

Your Systemizing Quotient is 46. Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

HSP: 19

Mind in the Eyes: 26

Facial Recognition test: 97%

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 8:28 pm

I just took the The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R)

My total score was 208.0 The average for females is 166.5 O,O

It says that Scores with a yellow background are above the test threshold values. If your total score is above the threshold it may be worth getting professionally assessed.

All of my scores where yellow and so was my total score.

nightflight575
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2013, 5:10 pm

The Broad Autism Phenotype Questionnaire (BAPQ; Hurley et al., 2007)
My scores: 121 aloof, 132 rigid and 115 pragmatic

The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) test (Baron-Cohen et al., 2001)
My score: 44

The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) test (Aron, 1996).
My score: 24

Understanding facial expression test: The 'Reading the mind in the eyes' test (Baron-Cohen et al.).
My score: 27

The Aspie Quiz (Ekblad, rdos.net)
Your Aspie score: 173 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 28 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

RAADS-R test
My total score: 198.0

BrookeWood
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2013, 3:10 am

Thanks for this useable information............

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm

Is the EQ SQ-R test down? The link isn't working for me. I haven't taken that one in years and I'm curious if I'd get the same result today.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

29 Apr 2013, 4:47 pm

That one does seem to be down, there are the separate ones at http://www.aspietests.org/ that are still online though.

RAADS-R: 189 total
Diagnosed 9/2013

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 9:31 am

Thanks. Wow, yep, same result as before. Even among women with AS I'm pretty extreme. Apparently I'm extreme compared to *everyone*... In fact, it's interesting that the average scores between NTs and ASDs are pretty similar. Also it doesn't give any information about what the results mean. I'm only assuming higher score = more systematic because I already know I'm an extreme systemizer.

Test taken by you on 30 April 2013 102.0

The average score for males with ASD (18 people took this test) 75.7
The average score for females with ASD (40 people took this test) 80.7
The average score for males with suspected ASD (108 people took this test) 78.2
The average score for females with suspected ASD (158 people took this test) 78.9
The average score for male neurotypicals (20 people took this test) 70.2
The average score for female neurotypicals (38 people took this test) 67.7

EDIT: Took a few more... Jesus, my results for the RAADS-R are also off the charts (this is just the average but it was across the board):

Test taken by you on 30 April 2013 187.0

Threshold values for suspected ASD 65.0
The average score for males with ASD (154 people took this test) 153.5
The average score for females with ASD (147 people took this test) 165.8
The average score for males with suspected ASD (745 people took this test) 147.0
The average score for females with suspected ASD (856 people took this test) 152.3
The average score for male neurotypicals (253 people took this test) 82.3
The average score for female neurotypicals (379 people took this test) 74.3

Makes me pretty proud that I manage to live independently, even though I have massive difficulties at work and socially.