Simple Aspergers research project - Your reply requested

Page 5 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 6:00 am

ehicks727 wrote:
I've been doing research into Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) lately, and to quickly summarize, every person generally has one dominant referencing system... either visual, auditory, or kinesthetic.

I'm an aspie, and I noticed something interesting (a pattern) in myself, and I've asked others and gotten the same result. I'm now trying to ask a broader sample to see if this is a viable theory or not.

This is not scientific or anything, but please don't scroll down to read the replies, until you've replied yourself. I'd like to not influence your reply with "group-think".

So, here's the questions... it would be great if you could reply to this. It'll help me out with my theory. This is specific to Asperger's Syndrome... not the entire autism spectrum, so please only reply if you have Aspergers. Thank you.

1) When you are asked to spell words (as in, imagine you're in a spelling bee), do you SEE (or visualize) the word in your mind's eye and then spell it out? Or do you HEAR (internally in your mind) the word and then spell it out?

2) Think about this question... if you are inside your house looking at your front door, which direction does the door open (swing)? Left or right?
2a) Were you immediately able to answer that question, or did you have to think about it a while? Immediately means, under 5 seconds or so.
2b) Did you have a clear image in your mind of your front door while answering that question, or was the image "fuzzy"? Yes, that's a subjective question.. so think of it this way.. was the image in your mind clear, like watching a TV? That would be clear. Less than that would be fuzzy. If you had NO image in your mind, let me know that also, and describe how you answered #2 then.

That's all! Please reply in the following manner....

1) answer
2a) answer
2b) answer

I appreciate you taking the time to do this little exercise. If we get quite a few responses, I'll be happy to share my theory, but I don't want to influence the answers, so I'll hold off a little until we get some replies.

thanks!!
Eric
1)i see word in my mind
2a)door opens rigth i thinket about it a while
2b)i imagened my self walking down a hall and seeing door being opened took about 7 sec