Page 5 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 5:17 am

I go out of my way to avoid children. Hate is a strong word. It's more that I just feel uncomfortable around them.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 5:45 am

i do not dislike children, but i do not see them as more valuable than anyone else.

most of the ads on TV use children to increase the appeal of the product being flogged, and it irritates me that adults go all warm and fuzzy when they see a child.

i do not like babies because they are too delicate, and if i have to hold one, then i worry that i may get into trouble if i drop it.

also, they smell of some milky scent which is quite unsavory to me.
but if a baby was left in my care and we were in a jungle where no one was there to protect it, i would protect it.

i do not like how women with prams (strollers) think they deserve to be served first, and i do not like how they feel that they are so important compared to everyone else.

it is interesting that babies are considered to be the most valuable life forms by most people, yet as they grow up, their importance becomes progressively less until they reach adulthood, and then they are considered to be no more important than anyone else.
how do people base their appraisals of worth upon something that is inevitably destined to be lost (youth) ?.

a baby is not responsible for it's being a baby. it did nothing exceptional in order to be a baby.
all people were babies once, and when they are no longer children, they are seen as just average joes.

the love that any person has for a baby is doomed to fade over time as they progress into adulthood.

and the baby that was adulated 80 years ago is now seen as an ugly old wrinked thing that people do not want to touch.

the baby of 80 years ago did nothing at all to become unsightly and of minimal value 80 years later.

whatever, i do not understand the values of humanity.
i know that babies need nurture because they can not fend for themselves, but i do not see their lives as far more valuable than a grizzled old almost spent life.

every person will be dust at sometime in the future, and so every person, no matter how young, should be considered to be future dust in some ways.

that is a bit exaggerated but i am not able to moderate my correspondence with respect to social adequacy well at the moment.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 6:28 am

Isn't it kind of funny how children are the only group of people whom it is considered OK to hate or dislike only because of their age?! 8O

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 7:08 am

AnnePande wrote:
Isn't it kind of funny how children are the only group of people whom it is considered OK to hate or dislike only because of their age?! 8O

i do not agree. most people dislike people who do not adore children.
say what you want to say directly.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 7:21 am

spooky13 wrote:
Valoyossa wrote:
spooky13 wrote:
Same here, not to mention this person:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2815124.html#2815124

If you have thoughts of hurting little ones you really need some heavy meds and therapy.

I have very sadistic thoughts of hurting adults, you know, tortures in KL style.
I think I'll never do it all really.
I don't have sadistic thoughts of children or animals (ok, when autoalarm is on, I want to take a baby and throw out of the window).
Should I join Irulan in therapy?

Yes.

As a mother and as someone who went through horrible abuse of all kinds as a child, when I see and hear people having sick thoughts like that, it raises a big red flag for me. Sometimes it doesn't take much to go from thinking about it to doing it.

I will not post in this thread again, so carry on with the baby b!tching.

I often, if I'm stuck in a supermarket queue with a screaming baby, have the urge to grab that baby and fling them across the room, anything to shut them up.

Should I get therapy too??

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:53 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
spooky13 wrote:
Valoyossa wrote:
spooky13 wrote:
Same here, not to mention this person:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2815124.html#2815124

If you have thoughts of hurting little ones you really need some heavy meds and therapy.

I have very sadistic thoughts of hurting adults, you know, tortures in KL style.
I think I'll never do it all really.
I don't have sadistic thoughts of children or animals (ok, when autoalarm is on, I want to take a baby and throw out of the window).
Should I join Irulan in therapy?

Yes.

As a mother and as someone who went through horrible abuse of all kinds as a child, when I see and hear people having sick thoughts like that, it raises a big red flag for me. Sometimes it doesn't take much to go from thinking about it to doing it.

I will not post in this thread again, so carry on with the baby b!tching.

I often, if I'm stuck in a supermarket queue with a screaming baby, have the urge to grab that baby and fling them across the room, anything to shut them up.

Should I get therapy too??

Sensory overloaded topic

My sister feels the same way as you, and she is NT. Some humans just have a hard time with filtering out noise.

Time to get out the earplugs. :wink:

When my kids (all NTs) had meltdowns in public, I would remove them to a quiet place to settle. The last place they needed to be was in a store. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Last edited by sartresue on 09 Jun 2010, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 4:28 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:
Hating babies/children is not an autistic trait. I think you just have an unnatural hatred of children.

Dito, I don't think I would want the OP anywhere near a child, or any small animal for that mater.

ITA. Autistics are known for having trouble displaying empathy, not for actively displaying hate. I think there are many autistic parents who probably focus all of their attention and emotion on their children possibly more than an NT parent would, because they can feel so deeply about something that they really care about.

I can't imagine feeling justified about wanting to hurt a baby.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 4:47 pm

MotownDangerPants wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:
Hating babies/children is not an autistic trait. I think you just have an unnatural hatred of children.

Dito, I don't think I would want the OP anywhere near a child, or any small animal for that mater.

ITA. Autistics are known for having trouble displaying empathy, not for actively displaying hate. I think there are many autistic parents who probably focus all of their attention and emotion on their children possibly more than an NT parent would, because they can feel so deeply about something that they really care about.

To be fair even the most devoted of mothers sometimes feel like hurting their baby. It doesn't mean they're going to actually do it. I'm not a mom but I understand, I can't even tolerate a baby crying for a few minutes.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 4:57 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
MotownDangerPants wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

To be fair even the most devoted of mothers sometimes feel like hurting their baby. It doesn't mean they're going to actually do it. I'm not a mom but I understand, I can't even tolerate a baby crying for a few minutes.

But I don't think the mother would feel justified about it. I just can't imagine someone thinking that it's natural to HATE and want to hurt other people's children because of AS. I can definitely understand the urge from a parent's point of view, sometimes, but not from someone whose been exposed to a child for 5 or 10 minutes.

It's not really an NT or Aspie thing, anyone can hate and feel justified about it, I just wouldn't want that person around any babies or small animals like silent bob said. LOL, I just feel like the capacity for hate isn't restricted to one area, hateful people make me very nervous.

True hate is very different than a mother being annoyed and having the urge to hurt the child, the OP used the word "hate" in the title of the post and several times in the post itself, and the way he/she described their feelings sounded a lot like pure hatred to m

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 5:48 pm

MotownDangerPants wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
MotownDangerPants wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:
astaut wrote:

But I don't think the mother would feel justified about it. I just can't imagine someone thinking that it's natural to HATE and want to hurt other people's children because of AS. I can definitely understand the urge from a parent's point of view, sometimes, but not from someone whose been exposed to a child for 5 or 10 minutes.

It's not really an NT or Aspie thing, anyone can hate and feel justified about it, I just wouldn't want that person around any babies or small animals like silent bob said. LOL, I just feel like the capacity for hate isn't restricted to one area, hateful people make me very nervous.

True hate is very different than a mother being annoyed and having the urge to hurt the child, the OP used the word "hate" in the title of the post and several times in the post itself, and the way he/she described their feelings sounded a lot like pure hatred to m

I don't hate babies and children, I despise them. Small animals are not children or babies. I like them and would never hurt one of them. I have two chihuahas, a cat and a bearded dragon so tough, I am around small animals ALL THE TIME. They don't stare me down and make me feel threatned like babies often do. I suppose if babies didn't stare I wouldn't have such a problem with them. It's one thing to have an urge but it's another to act upon the urge.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 6:14 pm

Do you mind if a cat locks eye contact with you? My cat does this a lot.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 7:30 pm

Paedophobe.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 9:10 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
5. Do not live in the suburbs. Most people in the suburbs have children. If you're willing to live in a slightly disreputable neighborhood, there will be fewer children there because parents have strong incentive to find a safer place to live and those who can't move may keep their children indoors more often.

This one is very true. Not that I hate children, I like them, though I have to break out the earplugs sometimes... but it is just that it starts to mess with my head when I am the only childless 30-something woman in my area... this is one of the reasons why I would like to move to a city.

Taking a break.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 12:15 am

I honestly think that having a strong dislike of children, is a natural regulation of behavior that keeps people who are not ready to have them, from having them. If you had a kid when you're not ready, then in the caveman days your child would have been more likely to die, and each child is had at the expense of risking one's own health or the health of the mate. It's an evolutionary adaptive strategy that people should have some aversion to children when they don't have the resources to raise a child successfully according to caveman living standards. That way, children will only be created when one is ready to do so.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 2:43 am

sgrannel wrote:
I honestly think that having a strong dislike of children, is a natural regulation of behavior that keeps people who are not ready to have them, from having them. If you had a kid when you're not ready, then in the caveman days your child would have been more likely to die, and each child is had at the expense of risking one's own health or the health of the mate. It's an evolutionary adaptive strategy that people should have some aversion to children when they don't have the resources to raise a child successfully according to caveman living standards. That way, children will only be created when one is ready to do so.

That's assuming that cavepeople understood the connection between sex and childbirth. There is strong archaeological/anthropological evidence that humans hadn't made that connection yet. The appropriate behavior regulation would be for people who disliked children and/or weren't ready to have them to have an aversion to sex. Yet not all asexual people have an aversion to children. And not all people with an aversion to children are asexual.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 2:58 am

For some funny reason I misread the title of this thread as "Eating babies & children".....

Carry on.