Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Millstone
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

OP taking 1500% of your RDI on any of those things is not a good idea. You'll trash your liver and kidneys and end up with worse problems than AS.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 10:48 pm

Okay. That's enough banter on my part. Even though I don't see AS as a disease, I wish you the best of luck.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2011, 6:00 am

Becoming a Vegan is the only way to cure Aspergers. Only eat fresh fruit, vegetables, tofu, beans and nuts. Dairy, Eggs and Fish are excluded in a Vegan diet but can be included in a Vegetarian diet.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2011, 6:05 am

Food preservatives and certain types of Milk may trigger Autism. Even Mercury found in Salmon and other deep sea fish may trigger Autism. Autism is a neurological impairment that may be triggered by: genetics, diet or environment.

Vegan diet is the only way to eliminate all bad foods from an individuals diet that may trigger Autism. Fresh food is best and beats processed artificial food.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:28 am

I know someone who eats vegan at home who has autistic traits that can be really annoying to deal with. Eating mostly vegan hasn't made him normal. Not to say it isn't beneficial, but it sure doesn't seem to be a "cure".

Millstone
Raven
Raven

29 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

azurecrayon wrote:
OP hasnt visited since nov 14, approx 3 weeks after starting his diet. i wonder if he starved to death 8O
Not starve to death, just suffered renal and liver failure from his abhorrent vitamin intake.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:
Food preservatives and certain types of Milk may trigger Autism. Even Mercury found in Salmon and other deep sea fish may trigger Autism. Autism is a neurological impairment that may be triggered by: genetics, diet or environment.

Vegan diet is the only way to eliminate all bad foods from an individuals diet that may trigger Autism. Fresh food is best and beats processed artificial food.

It is genetics not what you eat or environment. Once you have been born with it that is it there is no reversing it. You can learn how to interact with NTs better you can also learn how to fake being NT like but you will never become cured of Autism no matter how many organic carrots you eat or how many steaks you don't eat. I garantee if you or your parents were brought up on a strict vegan diet you still would have been born autistic.

Last edited by Todesking on 29 Jun 2011, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

Millstone wrote:
azurecrayon wrote:
OP hasnt visited since nov 14, approx 3 weeks after starting his diet. i wonder if he starved to death 8O
Not starve to death, just suffered renal and liver failure from his abhorrent vitamin intake.

Maybe he chewed his fingers off due to hunger. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

I want to be cured of my crying. Oh, wait...I can't do that. I'm sensitive! :lol:

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Todesking wrote:
Dark_Lord_2008 wrote:

It is genetics not what you eat or environment. Once you have been born with it that is it there is no reversing it. You can learn how to interact with NTs better you can also learn how to fake being NT like but you will never become cured of Autism no matter how many organic carrots you eat or how many steaks you don't eat. I garantee if you or your parents were brought up on a strict vegan diet you still would have been born autistic.

It's not the simple. Both the idea of "curing" autism by diet, and the idea that it's genetic and thus you can't do anything about it are way too simplistic.

Autism isn't a black and white have it or you don't thing. It's got degrees and variations. And it's not unreasonable to say diet can make a significant difference. To say "eat vegan and your autism will go away" though is unreasonable.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

Mysty wrote:
It's not the simple. Both the idea of "curing" autism by diet, and the idea that it's genetic and thus you can't do anything about it are way too simplistic.

Autism isn't a black and white have it or you don't thing. It's got degrees and variations. And it's not unreasonable to say diet can make a significant difference. To say "eat vegan and your autism will go away" though is unreasonable.

Right now you can't change an already autistic mind. Even if you could do it you would have to somehow "re-wire" the brain so it could function properly then relearn how to walk, talk, and do other simplistic things all over again once the brain has been "fixed"it would be like when someone suffers a brain injury or comes out of a coma. The only way to change an autistic brain into a NT brain is to somehow fix the brain at a very early age. There have been cases where half the brain has been removed from a child and with proper therapy the child adapted to their "modified" brain. You could not do this with an adult brain. I guess the brain is set in its workings by the time it reaches maturity.

Last edited by Todesking on 29 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

IT IS NOT A DISEASE!! !! !! !! !! !!

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

29 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

catherineconns wrote:
As for those quibbling over disease versus disorder: Disease is a broad term referring to any condition that impairs normal function. While disorder carries less of a stigma, ASD technically could fall under either. It's really more of a connotation issue than anything else. The word "disease" itself does not mean anything offensive.

It'd be more correct to argue over whether Asperger's is a disorder or syndrome. Nowhere in any diagnostic or treatment text does the phrase, "Asperger's Disease" exist.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 4:30 pm

Todesking wrote:
Mysty wrote:

Right now you can't change an already autistic mind. Even if you could do it you would have to somehow "re-wire" the brain so it could function properly then relearn how to walk, talk, and do other simplistic things all over again once the brain has been "fixed"it would be like when someone suffers a brain injury or comes out of a coma. The only way to change an autistic brain into a NT brain is to somehow fix the brain at a very early age. There have been cases where half the brain has been removed from a child and with proper therapy the child adapted to their "modified" brain. You could not do this with an adult brain. I guess the brain is set in its workings by the time it reaches maturity.

What I mean is, it's not a simple either you have it or you don't. It's much more complex. Any viewpoint that puts it that way is getting it wrong. That goes for both the people suggesting by doing some particular thing, you can get rid of autism, and the people saying that you're stuck the way you are.

It's as if both viewpoints see it as on on/off switch. One side is saying "Do this, and you can flip the switch". The other is saying "the switch is stuck in place; it can't be flipped".

What I'm saying, is that whole idea of a switch is wrong. There's several switches, not one. And they aren't on/off switches, but dimmer switches. (That is, not on/off but change the amount of something.) Some are easier to change than others. They also very in how much we can change them.

jor1982
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Dec 2012, 10:59 am

I have read tons of forums about gf/cf diet. I cannot stand the fact that most of the people here saying there is no connection are people who have NOT and WILL NOT actually try the diet! If you are happy the way you are then that's a different issue. But I personally did not enjoy feeling left out and didn't care for being rejected. I wanted to improve my social skills. I wanted to go on dates and feel comfortable in my own skin. After 4 years of gfcf I went back to a psychologist who REMOVED MY DIANOSIS OF ASPERGERS because it no longer applies to me. Eye contact, social skills, and a sense of humor. All things I never had before. So unless you are willing to give it a shot for yourself, I don't want to hear another negative comment from anyone about it.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 3:57 pm

AS is not a disease

But I do like a caveman diet myself

I dont agree no dairy

No gluten and no wheat and just eat plants and animals is my method when funds allow.