Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2013, 10:25 pm

y-pod wrote:
Forkliftoperator wrote:
Tight clothing and certain materials make me uncomfortable to the point where I don't want to do anything and get all cranky. This is one of the reasons I don't wear nylon stockings or tights.
Bits of lint in my socks and sometimes the seams are uncomfortable and distracting.....mostly the cheap wal mart socks, which is why I get most of my socks at Marks Work Warehouse or some other store that specializes for those who work blue collar jobs like construction, oilfield, and warehousing. Kodak wool socks and the specialized thermal socks work best in the winter.Red Wing shoes also has good socks and such. That also is a shop that specializes in work wear.

Oh I love socks from Mark's. I received 3 pairs as gift, two merino wool and one heat max or something like that. They're very comfortable but almost too hot for me, as I spend most time indoors. Do you find them rather expensive? My husband likes those merino wool socks from Costco. They're thinner and much cheaper (4 for $12).

For me, it is pricey but still affordable within my budget when I get my monthly bonuses at work. I also have a spending account for boots, etc. I find myself working outside on the forklift a fair bit loading and unloading trucks and bringing parts to and from both warehouses. They work for me in the Alberta weather. I use thinner socks from there in the summer.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2013, 6:46 am

I have a collection of socks in various colours and patterns. It's a case of I have to so mine don't get confused with my sisters.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 1:39 am

I can't find the exact kind of socks I wear, but they're more or less this:
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike- ... gid-530584

They stay soft inside, they wear well, and they stay snug on my feet. Nothing worse than stretched-out socks. Actually, I take that back--super-low-cut socks are the worst.