The new AS Test (Among the best I've seen)

Page 5 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

15 May 2011, 9:40 pm

swbluto wrote:
It seemed like the questions were "more accurate", but considering how high everyone's score is, I'm not sure how accurate the scoring algorithm is(As I really doubt 90+ % of people on here have aspergers). :?

swbluto wrote:
That's true, but I'd imagine there are a lot of people here because they have a high score on the AQ test and that has a high false positive false rate in the "moderate score range(30-40), and so you would think that there would be a lot less people getting lower scores if this were a "better test". But, I could be wrong.

Why don't you start a poll asking people how people determined that they're on the spectrum? You seem to have drawn a conclusion that there are a lot of people who determined this strictly from quiz scores, but that doesn't really match what I've observed from many of the posters here. I understand where you're coming from (I think) but I suspect the truth is more complex.

As for people scoring high - the traits it asks about are traits that a lot of people on the spectrum actually have, so autistic people are likely to score fairly high due to dealing with most or all of these things. It's not surprising at all that autistic people are scoring near the max - it doesn't seem to test severity, after all, just asks for a list of symptoms. I can get the same results on my synaesthesia questions as someone who has more or less intense synaesthesia because it doesn't ask about intensity and will have it rated exactly the same.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 9:53 pm

71/72

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2011, 11:48 pm

67/72

3 yellows and 1 red

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:55 pm

When I took the test, I recall I had a few in red but lot of it was in yellow and some was in green.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

16 May 2011, 12:27 am

MathGirl wrote:
I would like to see what NTs get on this test. Swbluto, it would be nice if you could post the links to the other threads you've made on this one. I am really curious now.

Okay, but I'm warning you, none of the NTs are telling me! Even though people here like to divulge their scores here (Because, I assume that's a part of the local culture), it appears that either all the 77 viewers uptil now either A) Didn't take the test (hard to believe) or B) None of them wanted to publicly share their score. If I didn't know any better, I'm assuming that sharing ones score would be embarrassing because a person's online identity is like their real life identity and who wants to admit to people they have *that* social disorder? Assumably, that'd be grounds for throwing one out like an outcast in the NT world, which is probably not what someone with Social Anxiety is trying to achieve. So, I still need to figure out how to get an NT to publicly admit their score (Or at least admit it to me. Maybe I need to copy the test and host it on my server and store the results?)...

But, here it is if you'd like to take a look:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/for ... ad-126039/

Last edited by swbluto on 16 May 2011, 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 12:29 am

You got a 40? But you said you got a 29. Did you retake it and got a 40 this time?

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

16 May 2011, 12:35 am

League_Girl wrote:
You got a 40? But you said you got a 29. Did you retake it and got a 40 this time?

I made that score up because I'm trying to "set the precedent" to admit that it's OK for an NT to admit their score if they score in the "Aspergers range" (And, 'finding out that your SAD is actually caused by having aspergers' was the original storyline to persuade others to take the test). So far, though, none of them are biting. :lol:

I take it you're EMT? :) [If you are, thanks for posting your score, because it now seems people are starting to answer the thread and follow suit.]

[P.S. I've also spawned another thread on another site, and I'll see if anyone bites there. It's a site for a bunch of electric vehicle nerds. I've also started one on an electronics design site. :D]

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 2:02 am

Your AS Test score is 63 out of 72.
It is quite likely that you are on the autistic spectrum

DeftPlane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2011, 2:44 am

I'm a huge antisocial introvert a lot of the time, and I scored a 15.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 3:17 am

Verdandi wrote:
71 out of 72.

Everything came up green except

Quote:
vi) A tendency toward literal interpretation of verbal communication and of the behavior of others.

Which came up yellow.

I got exactly the same. Tbh I didn't expect the result to be this high :?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 3:19 am

72/72

Didn't really like the test, to be honest.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 3:20 am

DeftPlane wrote:

Probably because "Asperger's" is not synonymous with either "antisocial" or "introvert."

DeftPlane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2011, 3:29 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
DeftPlane wrote:

Probably because "Asperger's" is not synonymous with either "antisocial" or "introvert."

I never implied that it was. :P

I was responding to the people discussing whether introversion makes one's score higher.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 3:44 am

I got 72/72, but it seems that's a lot more common that I thought it would be. :P

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 4:55 am

72/72 not surprised though

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2011, 5:40 am

MathGirl wrote:
By the way, how do I know if people get bored easily when I talk about my interests? The other questions were okay, I guess.

Usually there's clues in the other person's body language, conversation, and tone of voice. You have to monitor the other person's reactions.

Of course, if you never notice (an aspie trait) then you can't answer the question. You have to go out into the world and really pay attention, then come back and answer.