Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2006, 5:48 pm

Yes they are workarounds but with enough of them with enough practice you can come up with a pretty convincing act.

Many of us here have been perfecting the art for 20 years or more so yes it can be hidden.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

Mnemosyne
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2006, 8:07 pm

Fraya wrote:
Yes they are workarounds but with enough of them with enough practice you can come up with a pretty convincing act.

Many of us here have been perfecting the art for 20 years or more so yes it can be hidden.

Trust me, I know. I'm 27 and didn't get an AS diagnosis until two months ago. Prior to that I was just "stubborn" and "poorly behaved" or "just being difficult." I know all about trying to figure out how to hide my behaviors. But no amount of "work arounds" is going to enable me to actually see people's faces.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2006, 12:57 am

Then try a different approach.. and I thought I was stubborn :P

Actually I never look at people faces I found I wasnt making much progress with it.. Ive been focusing almost entirely on analysing, interpreting and mimicking speech patterns the past decade or so and have had a lot of success with it.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

travesti_angelique
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Aug 2006, 1:17 am

Fraya wrote:
Quote:
males have it alot harder in this world all around. what leads me to believe them not having As is just that, if they know how to "hide" thier symptoms they don't have As. because people with As don't hide there symptoms or don't even know how to.

Males have it harder? How do you figure that? Isnt it considered somewhat normal and common for males to be emotionally distant? Women who are that way are considered weird.

Anyways hiding symptoms doesnt make the cause go away.. if your having a heart attack and dont tell anyone your still having a heart attack.

To say people with AS dont or cant hide their symptoms is stupid.. what do you think most of us are training ourselves to do?

If it was impossible why is therapy aimed at doing just that?

The man in question has obviously been dropped by his mother a dozen times when we was a wee lad. Pay him no heed.

Quote:
And women do have a much easier time in the world, all they have to do is be cute, wear a miniskirt with there tits popping out of there shirts, and they can get almost anything they want.

And someone here can attest to that. *cough* hale_bopp *cough*