Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 7:25 am

Objectively, no one can predict the future.

And from my own experience, I certainly can't predict the future, much as I may wish I could.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 7:29 am

I have prophetic dreams. But it only applies to things that might happen to me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 9:12 am

Impeachment is in the realm of possibility---but war with Russia is not, I believe.

Both Russia and the US know that there's potential for nuclear annihilation should war break out between those two countries.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 3:06 pm

Dan0192837465 wrote:
Yeah, I've always thought being an 'Aspie' we are members of an 'Autistic Captain Planet and The Planeteers' group possessing the powers of Earth, Fire, Water, Wind and Heart.

We did have those powers until Maurice White passed away in 2016.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 4:33 am

The person who replies to this post I wrote will be astonished about some recognition they get off others. I predict that will happen. Let's see if it does. :wink:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 2:15 pm

NO.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 3:20 pm

I sometimes get a feeling about something, and then it happens, but I don't mean political stuff or other big stuff.

Like one time me and my boyfriend were on our way to a place we visit quite often, where we have a favourite store, and something was telling me that our favourite store was going to be closed today, even though it wasn't out of season or anything. And, lo and behold, it WAS closed. The owners had gone away for a few days.

But my boyfriend believes that if you say something will happen, it will happen. I don't believe in that, because the owners of our favourite store would have still been away whether I said it will be closed or not.

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2017, 5:59 pm

Cre8iveHuman wrote:
Hello Friends,
I've heard that autistic people can predict future events or tendencies/trends...
Can you?..
Can you confirm?.. Deny?..

I don't know where you heard that from but probably not.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2017, 6:34 pm

I can predict the future behavior of others.

I have frequent premonitions.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm

The original poster never returned to this topic.

In fact he only made two posts (the Op of this thread, and one other thing), and left the site two years ago.

So I think that we can put this topic to rest. Autism probably does not correlate with extra sensory precognition.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 7:30 pm

This is a bit of a stretch but here it goes...

Science can be predictive. Based on our knowledge of physics we can predict with high accuracy many of the natural phenomenon in our universe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predictive_power

Since there is research that shows people on the spectrum are more prone to being scientifically minded. "Scientists and mathematicians test higher on autism spectrum, says Cambridge University"

So in that far reaching way we can say people on the spectrum are slightly better at predicting the future. :lol:

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 8:41 pm

I have had a few times where I have thought of something crazy and unlikely right before it happened but I have a rather unremarkable explanation.

There are two particularly memorable times where this has happened:
1): I was driving and thinking about drunk drivers for no particular reason and not even a minute later someone swerved into my lane and nearly crashed into me.
2): I was sitting in my room during a thunder storm thinking about lightning and particularly the houses of people I know getting struck by it. The next day I learned that during that storm my uncle's house was struck my lightning, fortunately it didn't do much besides damage electronics.

What I think is happening is mostly just random chance. Yeah, the probability of any one of those things happen is low but how many things do you think about on a given day and how many things do you experience? It's a lot, and out of such a large sample it's unsurprising that some rather spooky coincidences can be found.

I am unsure about the veracity claim that this happens more to people with autism but that wouldn't surprise me either. I have heard a lot that autistic people tend to be better at noticing patterns so we may pick up on strange coincidences more often because of this.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2017, 4:58 pm

Keigan wrote:
I can predict the future behavior of others.

I have frequent premonitions.

Interesting. Based on a person's previous actions and their personality traits, i can predict with great accuracy the outcome of situation that person is in. Maybe some aspies have this skill by nature, since we like to create order in a chaotic world. That makes some of us see patterns pretty much everywhere.