Page 5 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 8:50 pm

Failure. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 8:53 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

better a good failure than a bad success.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 8:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

I know, I know. :) If only my nerves believed it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

I know, I know. :) If only my nerves believed it.

a good tank of NO2 or a big bottle of stiff alky is a consolation of sorts after either.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 10:03 pm

I have panphobia. The fear of everything. :lol: JK

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 10:06 pm

I have phobiaphobia :alien:

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 3:53 am

Claus- and Aracno. The latter is getting better.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 6:12 pm

I also have Emetophobia ( Intense fear of vomit, vomiting, naseua, ect)

but i also have a HUGE fear of people in mascot costumes, the dark, and loud sudden noises, and balloons

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Like FDR.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Like FDR.

I had no idea. :o

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:46 pm

Abortion of any kind

Lnb1771
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2014, 1:00 pm

I had many when I was a young child and first diagnosed. The ones that have stuck throughout the years include:
vomiting (although I am dealing better with that as of late)
mirrors (specifically seeing myself in a concave "make up" mirror)
disfigured faces (ppl with cleft-palate or other disfigurements)

elizabethangeles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2014, 10:28 pm

I have a fear of toilets. Specifically the back of the toilet. I can't handle it when the lid is off. I'll just hold it. I'd rather poo in a forest than poo in a toilet with the back of it off. Also have a fear that the toilet water will be too high or that it will overflow while I'm on the toilet. This actually happened to me once as a young child and it is still a (minor) phobia. The first is related to a string of nights I had to urinate in the middle of the night (also as a young child), and the back lid of the toilet was off because the chain was constantly coming loose from the handle. Seeing that in a dark bathroom as a kid was horrifying. Terrified to this day.

Also arachnophobia. This has lessened over the years as I have learned to kill them if they are smaller than a certain size. I used to not be able to say the "T" word (think...spiders...), and still have a reaction when I do say (or even think) it.

Other than that, I think my phobias are pretty limited (however unique...lol).

Not diagnosed yet, but it looks pretty obvious to me!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 10:32 pm

elizabethangeles wrote:
have a fear that the toilet water will be too high or that it will overflow while I'm on the toilet. This actually happened to me once as a young child and it is still a (minor) phobia. The first is related to a string of nights I had to urinate in the middle of the night (also as a young child), and the back lid of the toilet was off because the chain was constantly coming loose from the handle. Seeing that in a dark bathroom as a kid was horrifying. Terrified to this day. Also arachnophobia. This has lessened over the years as I have learned to kill them if they are smaller than a certain size. I used to not be able to say the "T" word (think...spiders...), and still have a reaction when I do say (or even think) it.

be glad you never had my trapped in flooding lavatory or trapped in bug-filled lavatory dreams.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 2:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I can sorta understand the button phobia in light of my late mother's revulsion at seeing lots of little bubbles all together, as in a steamed surface. bubbles are sorta like buttons.

Funny. I just read a little thing in Discover Magazine about a condition known as "trypophobia" which is "the fear of small holes clustered together". The magazine showed a photo of a lotus seed pod ( a flat round thing honeycombed with like 20 holes) and asked if "looking at the image disturbed you?" Doesnt do anything to me.

The article went on to say that trypophobes also fear 'sliced english muffins'.

But they said scientist recently studied "the spectral characteristics" of those kinds of triggers of the phobia, and found that they were simililar to those of poisonous critters in nature like puffer fish and "the death stalker scorpion" ( I guess that those critters are spotted, it didnt specify).

So maybe button fear is really a form of trypophobia, and that its really a vestigal instinct to avoid poisonous vermin.

I read this same article! I have been meaning to post about it. It really resonated with me, but with a different trigger. In school years ago, I saw two photos in my science book that so completely freaked me out that I still remember them 40 years later. One was of the "face" of a lamprey eel, except that it wasn't really a face -- just a big, slimy fleshy hole, surrounded with lots of smaller little pits. I dreaded the day we got to that page in the book. I remember having to put a sheet of paper on the photo so I could do my reading assignment. And the other was some kind of frog whose babies lived in holes in the flesh of the mother frog's back until they could make it on their own. I have seen concrete sidewalks, where leaves, pebbles and such settled when the cement was wet and then were dislodged and left holes, that remind me of that frog's back holes. Even thinking about these photos still is weirding me out and stimulating my gag reflex a little. These examples HAVE to have something to do with this trypophobia stuff. Really wrinkly skin gets me too -- probably part of the same fear. I used to have a fear of photos of bees, but I wonder now if it was the bees or the honeycomb that got me.

But my main phobia is the dark -- nyctophobia, I think? Even at nearly 54 years old, I still sleep with a nightlight. I kid you not. Being in complete darkness absolutely terrifies me. I have severe anxiety problems -- both Social and Panic Disorder -- so I'm sure that's affecting this.

I didn't think I was claustrophobic until just the other day. I'm in the process of remodeling a woodshop into a cottage to live in, and was at Lowe's looking at shower stalls. I stepped into one, closed the door and POW! -- I had to get out of there immediately! I've never had that reaction to small spaces before, so I don't know what was different about this.

Dating terrifies me too, but I don't know if it's to the point of phobic. I haven't been asked on a date in 3+ years, so I haven't had an opportunity to find out. I'm not afraid of crowds, such as sporting events or fairs or concerts. I'm only afraid of having to carry on a conversation with any one of those crowd members.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2014, 2:22 am

Heights
Spiders
Being touched in the chest (Recent one)