Veteran

27 May 2014, 7:24 pm

What does this mean? :3

Wreck It Ralph

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:12 pm

Would a snowflake be a be a little complicated to easily use as a universal symbol? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea of a snowflake. I just wonder if a complex pattern/shape would make it more difficult for the symbol to be widely implemented...

:idea: :!: Hey ...maybe someone might be able to come up with a simplified snowflake that still looks enough like a snowflake to preserve the meaning behind it? Does anyone here do grafic design?

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:15 pm

I will always keep the jigsaw puzzle personally

That said I do like the snow flake but for some reason for me it doesn't seem to fit right :( sort thing just donesnt ressinate with me for that, make a multi colored or something??

I think that's part of one reason I love the puzzle pieces is all the different colors.

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

sophaylavender
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2014, 8:16 pm

ImeldaJace wrote:
Would a snowflake be a be a little complicated to easily use as a universal symbol? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea of a snowflake. I just wonder if a complex pattern/shape would make it more difficult for the symbol to be widely implemented...

:idea: :!: Hey ...maybe someone might be able to come up with a simplified snowflake that still looks enough like a snowflake to preserve the meaning behind it? Does anyone here do grafic design?

I do graphic design, I could do something on Photoshop tomorrow afternoon. I'm in the UK so it's nighttime now and tomorrow morning I'm out filming :3

sophaylavender
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2014, 8:18 pm

ASdogGeek wrote:

That said I do like the snow flake but for some reason for me it doesn't seem to fit right :( sort thing just donesnt ressinate with me for that, make a multi colored or something??

I think that's part of one reason I love the puzzle pieces is all the different colors.

That's why another good idea would be the rainbow brain :)

I could design a multi coloured snowflake??

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:25 pm

ASdogGeek wrote:

I agree. I think that making the snowflake multicolored would help it "fit" and be recognized as an autistic symbol a little bit more than a a plain white or solid colored symbol. Esp. not a blue one. I couldn't imagine an autistic pride symbol being solid blue.

I also like multicolored better that specifically rainbow. A rainbow one might easily be mistaken for an LGBTQ symbol. A snowflake with splotches of different colors would also preserve a little bit more of the puzzle piece pattern like ASdogGeek said.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:27 pm

sophaylavender wrote:
ASdogGeek wrote:

That's why another good idea would be the rainbow brain :)

I could design a multi coloured snowflake??

Awesome, that sounds great!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:36 pm

Maybe it could even be a snowflake that is not all attached to itself so that it would be like a puzzle of a snowflake. That might be cool.

Wreck It Ralph

sophaylavender
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2014, 8:42 pm

skibum wrote:
Maybe it could even be a snowflake that is not all attached to itself so that it would be like a puzzle of a snowflake. That might be cool.

I have great idea.....

Just wait till tomorrow afternoon.....

I'm off to bed now, I gotta be up early for the film thing :D

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:46 pm

sophaylavender wrote:
skibum wrote:

I have great idea.....

Can't wait to see it

http://autismdoggirl.blogspot.com/
http://stridersautismdogjourney.blogspot.com/

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 8:46 pm

sophaylavender wrote:
skibum wrote:

I have great idea.....

I'm excited! :D Good night Sophaylavendar, sweet dreams!

Wreck It Ralph

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 4:53 am

I say NO to the snowflake. In the USA, we have the "Special Snowflake Syndrome" and it's not a nice comment about people. It's about kids being brought up to believe they are unique and special and that they shouldn't have to deal with stuff everyone really has to cope with.

A logo like that would only set us up for ridicule.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 7:29 am

I have never heard of Special Snowflake Syndrome. That sounds weird.
I just looked it up and saw it in the Urban Dictionary. I can't believe something as pure and magnificent as a snowflake was used to describe these kinds of people. That sucks.

Wreck It Ralph

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 8:45 am

Wow, I've never heard of that either.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 9:27 am

I would love to have a t-shirt "Autistic Powers". I would feel really good wearing it, empowered really.

zer0netgain wrote:
I say NO to the snowflake. In the USA, we have the "Special Snowflake Syndrome" and it's not a nice comment about people. It's about kids being brought up to believe they are unique and special and that they shouldn't have to deal with stuff everyone really has to cope with.

A logo like that would only set us up for ridicule.

really? that is interesting.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2014, 11:16 am

starkid wrote:
irony (n.) : a bunch of people wearing the same special snowflake shirt.

It would be a symbol, thus it doesn't matter if it is illogical that a bunch of people will be wearing the same snowflake. Humans are all different too, but on toilet doors the male and female symbols are always the same. Thus, I am still in support of the snowflake idea. Or the circle of people holding hands and looking disgusted, which was my idea. :-D