Page 5 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:49 pm

Your mum confiscates your collection of carrier bags you have stored under your bed... All numbered and tested.... and repaired if neccessary...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:53 pm

For the record, I have a list of over 500 entries in my "You May Be An Aspie If..." file, which I started about 10 years ago.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 4:57 pm

You see photos of yourself from childhood, but you remember the clothes in your photos (by sensory elements, touch, scent and comfort level or flaws), more than you recall the other people in the photo, or what you were actually doing.

You even recall what you were thinking.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 5:29 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I heard someone once say that he had CDO. That's OCD in alphabetical order.

:mrgreen: of course!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 6:22 pm

You jump ten feet in the air when someone says, "Hey ____," and they're standing behind you.

You startle easily.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 6:37 pm

You see pictures of yourself when you were a small child, before you began school, and cry because you know that was the last time you were seen as normal. In every picture after that, you realize there is something wrong with you, but you don't know what it is. The only picture I liked was my senior portrait. I actually looked normal in it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 12:08 am

You think all NTs love sports, but get annoyed when NTs think all autistics love trains

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2019, 12:51 am

You stand to close to people and only notice when people tell you to please stand or sit further away.
You talk too loud and you only notice because people tell you to lower your voice a bit.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 8:29 am

Fnord wrote:
For the record, I have a list of over 500 entries in my "You May Be An Aspie If..." file, which I started about 10 years ago.
You May Be An Aspie If...

... you compile a list of over 500 entries devoted to a single topic in anticipation of eventually posting them in a thread on that same topic.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 10:16 am

You're a compulsive list maker and enjoy books with list-style formats:

10 Best of (Year)
The Book of Lists
The Complete Book of the Olympic Games (Unfortunately, there won't be any of these books for 2016 and beyond. Too bad. I guess all the recent doping scandals will render these books obsolete. Why is it that people think they have to dope to succeed in athletics? Don't they know that athletes are dropping dead in bunches now because of this garbage?)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 10:20 am

... someone says "Correct me if I'm wrong", and you do.

... teachers would not let you use "adult" scissors until high school.

... the "F5" key on your keyboard has been worn down from you obsessively refreshing webpages as you read them.

... the alphabet that you invented in the fifth grade includes a unique character for each of the 45 phonemes that you recognize.

... the biggest help a store assistant can offer to you is to leave you alone.

... the cafeteria lunch menu changes, and you go hungry rather than try to figure out what to eat.

... the color of your school bus annoys you as much as the kids inside it.

... the concept of "multi-tasking" is completely alien to you.

... the contents of the dishwasher must be arranged in a very specific way before you press the "Start" button.

... the demotion of Pluto to "Dwarf Planet" status in 2006 still depresses you.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 10:26 am

As a cat lover, you have a special love for a very specific breed and type of cat. (For me, it's the Lynx/tabby point Siamese, because I have had two of these lovely cats.)

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2019, 10:29 am

IstominFan wrote:
As a cat lover, you have a special love for a very specific breed and type of cat. (For me, it's the Lynx/tabby point Siamese, because I have had two of these lovely cats.)

Turkish Angora for me. Loyal, intelligent, and vocal. <3 <3 <3

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

PaperTrails
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2019, 10:37 am

Fnord wrote:

... the concept of "multi-tasking" is completely alien to you.

Yeah, that.
It's not great when you're trying to cook and people think it would be nice for you to have company so they sit in the kitchen and talk to you, and all you want to do is just scream for them to go away and let you concentrate on this terrifying task that as a woman you allegedly find easy, and can obviously do multiple things at a time during. I am not a good cook, can you tell? :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 11:00 am

... the only people with whom you feel comfortable talking do not include anybody you have ever met in person.

... the only times people refer to you as "friend" is when you are "loaning" them money, helping them move, writing their term papers for them, et cetera.

... the only times you see people just like you represented in the media and pop culture is when a crime show needs a victim, a medical show needs a patient, or any show needs a socially inept genius to save the day.

... the people who complain the most that you refuse to look them in the eye are the same people who accuse you of staring at them.

... the people you live with tell you to change the song that you are listening to because they are tired of hearing it over and over.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 2:18 pm

...you think you're pretty sociable (but not very social, granted) and try to be friendly to everyone, but you can count the number of actual friends you've had in your entire life on one hand.

...by the time you're comfortable enough with someone that you can get past your social anxiety and selective mutism and just talk normally with them, usually they've given up trying to talk to you.

...you type much better than you speak.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"