Page 5 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 1:15 am

I put the wrong number on a previous posting in another thread. :oops: According to a WAIS-R test my score was 116.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 7:17 am

I finally got my results today. The psychologist there told me my IQ is in the average range they said somewhere between 85 an 115. She said it could have been much higher if I did not show up such a significant impairment in short term memory, which is developmental disorder I have had since childhood. What showed up as being very typical of autism was the fact my tests were extremely lop sided in some areas such as doing so well with the block design test at the expense of a serious comprehension deficit.

I compensate with my lack of short time memory with my long term memory. I just say something over and over in my mind until it becomes engrained in my long term memory.

IsotropicManifold
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2008, 8:20 am

If people are interested in really really difficult IQ tests designed to distinguish better between the 130-180 range, check out

Don't be discouraged if you don't do well at these, they are fairly contravertial tests and they are not peer reviewed, but are fun and challenging none the less!

http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/Really Really Difficult IQ tests, fun!

IsotropicManifold
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2008, 8:22 am

IsotropicManifold wrote:
If people are interested in really really difficult IQ tests designed to distinguish better between the 130-180 range, check out

Don't be discouraged if you don't do well at these, they are fairly contravertial tests and they are not peer reviewed, but are fun and challenging none the less!

http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/Really Really Difficult IQ tests, fun!

I still stand by my previous assesment of online IQ tests being full of s**t! But the ones above are really great puzzles and some of them are official tests that they get people with 135+ tests to take over several months to establish really high IQ's, but they are by no means scientific and they are contraversial.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 11:01 pm

The one I have 39 years ago when I was 15 did not have a matrix test but a more extensive picture completion test. The pictures then were B&W line drawings; the one I had in my last test were coloured. Also this last test did not have a word comprehension test.
Also with this last test I slipped up a little with the block design test and did not quite achieve a perfect score I did with the test when I was 15 but I was close. I also did do well with the matrix test. So perceptive reasining is definitely my strength there.

I remember the test I did when I was 15 quite well but not to with the much earlier childhood ones.
I remember little of very early childhood tests which I had a few leading up to my diagnosis of autism at the age of 8. But I remember the examiner asking me to draw a line over the picture that does not apply match the rest. I though that could be difficult so I went ahead and started drawing a "lion" not a "line" over the top of the picture that does not match. I guess he wondered what the hell I was doing.

Zzzzeta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2008, 2:43 am

I took one at school, but back then they just gave a single score rather than a comprehensive one. I rated 140, probably because I learned to read so early in life.

Cor
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2008, 4:43 am

146 or 147, when they just changed the genius from 140 to 160 over here (***hole*)
scored just below average on social, and max on exact stuff (mathematics, memory etc.)

Astilius
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2008, 11:40 am

LostInSpace wrote:
Astilius wrote:
Einstein (people seem to be fixated with him) had been measured at around 170.

I'm measured at 156

Actually, I don't think Einstein's IQ was ever measured. Didn't they just estimate it based on his accomplishments, like they've done with other famous figures? I think that's why everyone has been giving different answers.

This is a good point. I should have said that he was estimated by his thinking processes and his known abilities to have an IQ of around 170. As far as I am aware he did not take any formal tests.
He was rather "weak" (relatively) mathematically, which slowed up this own analysis of his hypotheses.

But you are right, this is an estimate.

IQ is a poor test at any rate.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 1:02 pm

paulsinnerchild wrote:
Can anyone tell what these cubes are called?
I have to solve puzzles with them on my last IQ test
BTW I breezed through them

They're called Block Design. It's very common for autistic people to be good on them relative to other specific parts of the test. They were my highest score when I last took one. (I don't have much subtest information for other times.) Several entire theories of autism have had large portions of them based on our frequent performance on that one.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Feb 2008, 1:57 pm

Confused-Fish wrote:
90 - 110 = average
thats a relief, my iq is 86 so looks like im not that far away from being average 8) :jester:

tmad40blue
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2008, 9:37 pm

Going from a private middle school to a public high school instigated another IQ test for me, on which I got a total of 134. I'm happy with that. :p

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 9:08 pm

I bummed it big time with working memory but I was at genius level with perceptive reasoning which put my full IQ score in the average range.

Because I scored so badly with working memory I was put through the Wechsler Memory Scale test the following week. My long term memory was about average but again showed up a very poor score with working memory except for visual recreation where I scored extraordinarlily well and savant like in that respect. Rather similar to the autistic savant, Stephen Wiltshire

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 10:05 pm

As my anxiety has increased, my IQ has decreased (at least from online tests). I have really felt my attention span take a hit, to the point where if it were not for the social anxiety, I might be diagnosable with ADD.

IQ based on ACT score: 140+.
IQ tested (online) while relaxed but not really, really focused on the test: 138.
IQ test (online) while in a very anxious state just prior to getting on Zoloft: 123.

So how am I dealing with the anxiety?

I'm on Zoloft right now but may switch over to Paxil for the supposed better effect on social anxiety. On the Zoloft, I do feel my previously very good verbal recall of facts and stories slowly returning.

I read on the internet though that Paxil can slow your intelligence. Not to boast, but I could probably lose about 10 (more) IQ points and still be able to do whatever I want to do. HOWEVER, not that I would want to.

That's why I ask the following questions...

has anyone noticed your IQ and/or perceived intelligence drop while on Paxil? If so, did it continue after you got off Paxil?

orangered
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2008, 2:42 pm

I took a free online test and got a message - they would send me results after I send them money.

So I figured out I am not as smart as I thought :D

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 9:01 pm

orangered wrote:
I took a free online test and got a message - they would send me results after I send them money.

So I figured out I am not as smart as I thought :D

I just felt that test was too easy. Well, a lot easier than most so I just assumed that score would have been over inflated anyway. So I concluded I am clever because I did not send them money and thus averted them from choking up my mail box with junk mail and spamming my email saying words the effect "we invite you to another "free" online IQ test"

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 1:09 am

Don't know what my IQ is but it is plainly obvious to me that my mathematical and visual-spatial intelligence are far greater than the other areas(mathematical especially). My vocabularly is about average, I can't catch a ball and I'm an adult and learned to tie my shoes and ride a bike at ages about double the norm, and I'm damned near socially ret*d.

If I were to be tested, I'd not be surprised if I were average or below, but I estimate I'm somewhere in the 120-130 range judging by percentile scores of achievement tests throught grade/middle/high school.