Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 9:30 am

The soft, rubbery buttons on the remote control have all lost their markings because of my rubbing fingers. :D
I rub my fingernails (and rub them together), fabrics with nap like velvet and corduroy, and silk (I can tell real silk from polyester without looking at the label and even tell if it's a silk blend just by touching).

dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

I enjoy touching objects.
Smooth metal or marble - super-flat polished.
Weathered wood, branches and bark.
Soft cotton fabrics.

I love to try textures but there are some I avoid.
I hate to touch most nylon and artificial fabrics, they feel horrible and I could never wear them.

smoke wrote

Quote:
book covers, especially when embossing and/or the transition between gloss and matte are present

That and soft leather clothing, shoes or furniture covers.

Feathers and flower petals that are so soft I can barely sense them on my fingers.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 4:47 pm

I am very tactile also, I can't resist things with a lot of texture. but I don't like artificial, synthetic fabrics either.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm

Strapples wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
I am definitely into tactile exploration.
Here is a small list of things I cannot resist touching/feeling:

+ Those fuzzy dusters that can be found in the supermarket
+ Gel candles - I cannot resist poking/ shoving my fingers into them
+ Gel insoles
+ Metal
+ Rust
+ Concrete
+ Fur (though I prefer it on the animal)
+ Buttons (which can be problematic when working with machines that have large control panels)
+ Embossed or engraved surfaces
+ Brushed polyester (what they make those fuzzy blankets with)
+ Sand
+ Jagged rocks
+ Onionskin paper
+ Koosh balls

oh god.. switchs. dials. knobs... yum yum!

The only problem is if you push the wrong ones - The CNC lathe I run has two "input" buttons - push the wrong one and all your offsets are deleted.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 10:54 pm

dunya wrote:
Soft cotton fabrics.

I have a set of brushed cotton sheets and a set of T-shirt cotton sheets. The brushed ones are blue and like 20 years old, but they are getting better every time I sleep on them. The T-shirt ones are lavender and I feel like I'm sleeping in a crib with them. They are so snuggly!

dunya wrote:
I love to try textures but there are some I avoid.
I hate to touch most nylon and artificial fabrics, they feel horrible and I could never wear them.

I grew up in the 60s and 70s when polyester was all the rage. It was HORRIBLE! It was stiff, had a raised geometric pattern stamped into it, and it came in nauseating colors like orange, olive green and gold.

dunya wrote:
Feathers and flower petals that are so soft I can barely sense them on my fingers.

I forgot about these! Rose petals are wonderful to touch and the best part of the feathers are the fuzzy ones right on the end. I was at Marshall Field's (are they still around?) and was in the winter coats. There was one made of sheared beaver that was SO soft my fingers barely registered that I was touching anything. It was like touching water. I know real fur is a no-no now for most people, but this was way back in the 80s and it's still one of the most amazing things I've ever touched.