Page 5 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 12:59 pm

Magnus wrote:
I read that most aspies have hazel or brown eyes. Are there any of you here with blue eyes? If so please describe yourself briefly.
I'm mostly interested in your ability to think logically without letting emotions cloud your vision of purpose.

I'm an aspie and I have blue eyes. I can for the most part think without letting my emotions cloud my judgment but the are times when I rely on my heart to come to a decision and I know when to use it. It's for the matters of the heart. But any other time, there is no "gut feeling," just pure logic and deduction.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 2:19 pm

Yes. They are usually a light blue color but sometimes change to green or gray. When I was younger they were a sapphire color. People often thought was wearing contacts. What sort of four year old wears contacts?

Last edited by PunkyKat on 03 Oct 2008, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 2:22 pm

Unless most the brown eyed people are having a hard time typing, I would say that the OPs original hypothesis should be flipped diametrically.

Blue eyes seem to predominate.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 2:22 pm

spudnik wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Dam I wish I had blue eyes....

I thought you had blue eyes, mine are a weird hazel and olive drab color

Nope, they're hazel with some green.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 3:20 pm

well they are pretty eyes, I like that picture of you with the flowers

kitsunetsuki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2008, 3:22 pm

I think it's highly unlikely that eye colour corresponds in any way to intelligence or to one's manner of thinking, in my experience most idiots I have known have been blonds or red heads with blue eyes (extremely emotional irrational people), I think it's rather unlikely the represent the whole of people with such characteristics.

I think any research the Nazis did would also be of questionable use because they were known for creating propaganda and making up things to justify their ideas.

Although one could perhaps go somewhere into the concept that blue eyed blond people might be less intelligent because they are so inbred (both are recessive traits) although that is a silly idea in and of itself.

I had yellowish green hazel eyes as a child and have pretty much a sort of dark olive green eye colour now. Most people seem to think I appear logical and unemotional, but in my head I am not.

Another thing is that if you poll say an online group of people mostly from the UK, Australia, Europe and the US, you are likely to primarily get Caucasians who seem to be somewhat more prone to light coloured eyes, especially in a forum about Aspergers because the diagnosis seems less common among other ethnic groups.

Brown is the most common eye colour in the world.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 3:23 pm

Thx Spudnik. :)

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 3:38 pm

My eyes change colors between brown and hazel. They'll turn hazel if my eyes get watery or if I'm overtired. I'm relaxed at the moment, so they're brown...

I'm also pretty logical and emotional at the same time. If something happens I'll have to detatch myself from my emtions to work it out... is this what you were wondering about?

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 3:44 pm

The Nazis hated the Jews because they were intelligent problem solvers who were a threat to them. My guess is that they wanted a more docile species.
Passive people who conform easily and follow rules without question are easy to manipulate and control. The Jews tend to take over markets because they can figure things out, see the big picture, and they also tend to be more radical in their politics. It's a fact that they tend to be more liberal in their views. Some say they are clever like in an evil sense, but I find those traits admirable.

I know this all sounds politically incorrect but I just wonder why they wanted blonde hair and blue eyes. And now I see autism as this genetic epidemic and I wonder if they had something to do with it. People on the spectrum do seem to be more robotic and conscience lacking.
I notice lots of AS people who seem to not only lack emotion, but they see it as inferior, as if they are above such human tendencies.

-Pythagoras

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 5:31 pm

Magnus wrote:
Passive people who conform easily and follow rules without question are easy to manipulate and control.

That is the antithesis of an aspie.

Anyway. Both sides of my Germanic families left Germany long before the advent of fascism. And I suspect at least four other aspies in my family. One aunt, one deceased uncle(almost certainly), plus quite possibly both my siblings. Its too hard to tell(shes too old) but my grandma has aspects of it too. And my grandpa, her husband, could not abide a crowd of people. He'd put up with it for a few hours then disappear off on his own.

I'm the same way.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 5:33 pm

Claradoon wrote:
As far as keeping the Nazi research, was it done with the scientific method? Control groups, double blind etc.? I didn't think so.

A good deal of research was carried out "properly", aside from being inhumane.

Magnus wrote:
It wasn't just pseudoscience.

The believe that people of Northern European ancestry are inherently superior to other people is pseudoscience.

I'm not saying the research carried out by the Nazis was all pseudoscience, as much of it wasn't; I'm saying the "science" of "race" is a pseudoscience.

Magnus wrote:
The Nazis hated the Jews because they were intelligent problem solvers who were a threat to them.

The Nazis did not hate the Jews for any logical reason.

Magnus wrote:
The Jews tend to take over markets because they can figure things out, see the big picture, and they also tend to be more radical in their politics. It's a fact that they tend to be more liberal in their views. Some say they are clever like in an evil sense, but I find those traits admirable.

This is all racist nonsense.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 5:56 pm

Magnus wrote:
because they can figure things out, see the big picture, and they also tend to be more radical in their politics.

If there were something like that intrinsic in the Jewish bloodlines, they'd have no trouble working out their troubles in the middle east. With a population of 7 million big picture people, most problems would be a sinch.

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 6:21 pm

Magnus wrote:
The Nazis hated the Jews because they were intelligent problem solvers who were a threat to them. My guess is that they wanted a more docile species.
Passive people who conform easily and follow rules without question are easy to manipulate and control. The Jews tend to take over markets because they can figure things out, see the big picture, and they also tend to be more radical in their politics.

And none of this has anything to do at all with historical factors, of course. </end sarcasm> Moderators, why are so many ridiculous ethnic stereotypes allowed to be posted here without posters getting so much as a warning?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 7:15 pm

kitsunetsuki wrote:
I think it's highly unlikely that eye colour corresponds in any way to intelligence or to one's manner of thinking, in my experience most idiots I have known have been blonds or red heads with blue eyes (extremely emotional irrational people), I think it's rather unlikely the represent the whole of people with such characteristics.

I think any research the Nazis did would also be of questionable use because they were known for creating propaganda and making up things to justify their ideas.

Although one could perhaps go somewhere into the concept that blue eyed blond people might be less intelligent because they are so inbred (both are recessive traits) although that is a silly idea in and of itself.

I had yellowish green hazel eyes as a child and have pretty much a sort of dark olive green eye colour now. Most people seem to think I appear logical and unemotional, but in my head I am not.

Another thing is that if you poll say an online group of people mostly from the UK, Australia, Europe and the US, you are likely to primarily get Caucasians who seem to be somewhat more prone to light coloured eyes, especially in a forum about Aspergers because the diagnosis seems less common among other ethnic groups.

Brown is the most common eye colour in the world.

That's true and pretty much sums this forum up. I wouldn't take this question seriously since there's no scientific data to back this up in any way. Most of this "testing" was done under a regime and propaganda among the Nazis. I can't believe there's people out there that still have notions about Jews being a certain way or any people for that matter based in the name of "science."

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 7:16 pm

Fight Apathy :twisted:

...or don't :roll:

http://www.infowars.com/

-Pythagoras

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 7:20 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I can't believe there's people out there that still have notions about Jews being a certain way or any people for that matter based in the name of "science."

I find it very believable, but also very unfortunate.

At least she thinks the Jews are different in a good way. :roll: