Page 5 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next

ShyGorilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2009, 2:44 am

Danielismyname wrote:
... your psychiatrist tells you that you're definitely autistic.

and thats the leader in the clubhouse, I'd say. :compress:

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 1:15 pm

Padium wrote:
garyww wrote:
We do have a sense of humor even though we're not supposed to.

I thought only NTs were allowed to have a sense of humour. I do have one too :) It is just very different from most people's.

Of course we have a sense of humour. It's just too advanced to NTs to understand, and they won't admit it, so it's easier to them just to say we have no humour. :lol:

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 5:07 pm

sethzack wrote:
lionesss wrote:
How abut when you have to listen to the same song or watch the same video 3 or more times in a row :D

My youtube account is a testament to that, I have seen 16,203 videos and I can tell you right now they weren't all different.

Oh, what a relief, I´m not the only one who does this!

And-

That list was pretty funny, it probably said it all.

Here´s one, I don´t know how many it applies to, but it´s very "me":

You know you are an Aspie if- you have to keep sewing your clothes together again, because they have holes from where you tried to cut off the label...(they sure attach those things well!) What makes it worse, is that I´m a terrible sewer and I really hate to sew.

ShyGorilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2009, 6:18 pm

Morgana wrote:
Here´s one, I don´t know how many it applies to, but it´s very "me":

You know you are an Aspie if- you have to keep sewing your clothes together again, because they have holes from where you tried to cut off the label...(they sure attach those things well!) What makes it worse, is that I´m a terrible sewer and I really hate to sew.

Thank God for tagless shirts! :)

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:34 pm

I want to start copying the things on that list and pasting the ones I liked or had something to do with me. That's just a lot of work though...

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

Fautzo
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2009, 7:47 pm

garyww wrote:
You know you're autistic if............:
http://www.geocities.com/autistry/YMBAAI.html

I gotta show this to my mom, I tried to explain about aspie crap and she's always like,"NO, IT'S NOT!!" so yea.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 7:50 pm

Fautzo wrote:
garyww wrote:

I gotta show this to my mom, I tried to explain about aspie crap and she's always like,"NO, IT'S NOT!!" so yea.

I think you should think about that, I showed my mom and she kept saying, "That is a normal thing."

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

Signs654
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2009, 8:28 pm

If you jump when someone honks the horn.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 9:46 pm

you look at the supposedly normal people who are attempting to conversate with you and think ... maybe this aspie thing isn't so bad

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

13 Jan 2009, 9:52 pm

If it gets so crowded during your lunch break one day that you try to hide in a broom closet.

If everything on your desk with a straight edge must have its edge in line with the edge of your desk, or you can't consentrate on your work.

If the first time someone uses the term 'concrete' to describe you, you wonder what they think you could possibly have in common with a sidewalk, curb, driveway, etc.

If you shock people by saying you are looking forward to taking a test, because it is over your special interest.

Some of this may just be me. I also jump at car horns and listen to youtube songs over and over. I hope youtube never starts limiting the number of times you can watch a video.

Last edited by KateShroud on 13 Jan 2009, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

13 Jan 2009, 10:22 pm

You watch your favorite move more than once a day.

You do the same thing all the time

You spent your time in your locker during lunch hour in high school or in the library

You carry a book of idioms with you so you would understand people better what they say

Your mother told you the men cut corners and you think they actually cut corners

Your spend your time online looking up your obsession

Your boss tells you you are knocking down the door so you go back to it and look at it and try to figure out what she was trying to tell you. The door is still up intact.

You get massive complaints about you from guests and you don't understand what you are doing wrong.

You are unaware of cutting people off in public

You find you can't look at someone in the eye and you prefer to look down or away

You hate the answers; "because I said so" "Just because" "I just don't want to" any answer that isn't logical

You prefer to have things planned when you do it

You get the same foods every time you eat out

You carry your games, music, book, anything you enjoy doing in case you have to wait in line

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:26 am

Quote:
...if people told you you drive like a granny when you were 23 years old.

This one is actually hillarious as I took some driving lesson before (I stopped for my studies and because I'm frightened) and they told me I was even worde than a granny... I wasn't even 18 yet ! :lol:

Quote:
…you can identify every one of those umpteen cats by sight, but haven't the slightest idea what the vet looks like.

OMG ! Just reminds me that there were 5 cats called "Calin look alike" because they looked like my cat and I actually could tell them all apart and said "this one is younger see the..." but after spending two years in the same class, with people I've known for 7 years, I could tell the name of everyone... we were only 24 ! I couldn't tell their age either. :lol:

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:41 am

Padium wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

I've done that before with Win98 and could sit there watching it for hours it was so fun! In the end I was like "will the structure ever be finished?"... Anyways, I'm not the only one who has done that then.

WinXP's defrag window doesn't have the blocks anymore. :( (Or is there another view option apart from the default?) I used to like to watch them too...

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:42 am

Danielismyname wrote:
... your psychiatrist tells you that you're definitely autistic.

funny enough I had to look into it myself. None of my psychiatrists when I was younger even brought it up. When I brought up to one he said "yea thats very possible." I sat there looking at him thinking "ok can I have your job now?"

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:54 am

sethzack wrote:
Fautzo wrote:
garyww wrote:

I think you should think about that, I showed my mom and she kept saying, "That is a normal thing."

Does it confuse you as well when people have been repeatedly telling you how weird you are, and how everything you do is abnormal and wrong, yet when you suggest that there may be a neurological reason and that behavioral trait A or B is common in people on the spectrum, the response is, "Oh, everyone does that."?

1. I am strange because I engage in this behavior.

2. The behavior I engage in is perfectly normal and everyone does it.

The two statements are contradictory, aren't they?

14 Jan 2009, 11:08 am

I can never relate to the "You're an aspie if" because I have never done those things. To me, it's all based on personalities or experience. I don't take it seriously though because it's just for humor. If there were "You're an NT if" do you think an NT might be able to relate? I don't think so since every NT is different too.

Only thing I related too was being told you drive like a granny. Someone told me that online and I told him no way will I speed and get a ticket.