List one NT thing you do not understand.

Page 44 of 65 [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 65  Next

Scorpion_Heart
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Oct 2010, 1:09 pm

I don't understand the endless repetition of jokes/funny lines from a TV show or commercial. I think this would be called memes. An example is "rick rolling" or people repeating "I think I need a bigger box" back when that Taco Bell ad came out.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 10:27 am

I don't understand this:
It's all very well people saying how wrong it is for women to go out in shorts/skirts without shaving her legs because having hairy legs isn't femanine, but how come most men have short hair but when you see the odd man have long hair it's still OK? It seems that men have more priorities than women. It doesn't take much for a woman to suddenly look weird or uncool, but a man can do so much more and still look cool. Who made up all these stupid rules and regulations about how to present yourself?

This ain't just NTs - it's everyone and anyone.

ilovecats102
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Oct 2010, 4:15 pm

Why are so many females b*****s? Why do they engage in mean spirited activitis like gossip and spreading lies about people, or stabbing their "friends" in the back over petty things? Why do they resort to tearing down other females to feel good about themselves? When I think back over all the people I've known, the only decent friendships I've had have been with guys.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

When I'm trying to express my feelings I get told to ''stop whining'', but if I never said how I felt people will start telling me that I never tell anyone how I feel and that they'll always be there for me when I'm feeling low or bothered about something. Tsk, yeah right!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 6:33 pm

gramirez wrote:
Why do they need to shake hands when they meet/see someone? What the hell kind of significance does grabbing someone's hand have?

It is a custom. In Japan people bow.

ruveyn

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2010, 3:38 am

Jewelry. I just don't understand. Why spend hundreds, if not thousands, on something when you can get something someone would actually notice, a shirt, for 10 bucks.

Well, I'm sure some Aspies like jewelry too.

amber_missy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2010, 5:08 am

Makeup and skin-cancer-sun-beds? "I can't leave the house without my makeup" or "not even my boyfriend/husband has seen me without a tan / my makeup"...

I can understand wearing a little bit of makeup on a special occassion - It makes you feel prettier and boosts self-esteem - but to plaster it on until you can't see your own skin every single day, just to go to work where people are supposed to judge you by your skills, not how orange your skin is or how much face-plaster your skin can hold before it melts off, I just don't get it! Do they need to boost their self-esteem past the point where they can recognise themselves!?

amber_missy

26 Oct 2010, 5:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
I don't understand this:
It's all very well people saying how wrong it is for women to go out in shorts/skirts without shaving her legs because having hairy legs isn't femanine, but how come most men have short hair but when you see the odd man have long hair it's still OK? It seems that men have more priorities than women. It doesn't take much for a woman to suddenly look weird or uncool, but a man can do so much more and still look cool. Who made up all these stupid rules and regulations about how to present yourself?

This was the very clever marketing teams of razor manufacturers - they told women they had to shave armpits and leg hair - and so women believed it and men believed it and men wouldn't touch a woman with hairy legs, etc. all because someone wanted to sell their product to the 50% of the population who didn't need it to shave their faces! Very clever scam that has become part of every day society.

I very rarely shave/VEET my legs (special occassions only!), but I will admit they feel nicer when they're freshly done - however 6 hours later, they get all stubbly and I HATE that. I'd rather not have the nice for a few hours when I have to put up with the horrid for much longer!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 9:58 am

Quote:
This was the very clever marketing teams of razor manufacturers - they told women they had to shave armpits and leg hair - and so women believed it and men believed it and men wouldn't touch a woman with hairy legs, etc. all because someone wanted to sell their product to the 50% of the population who didn't need it to shave their faces! Very clever scam that has become part of every day society.

I very rarely shave/VEET my legs (special occassions only!), but I will admit they feel nicer when they're freshly done - however 6 hours later, they get all stubbly and I HATE that. I'd rather not have the nice for a few hours when I have to put up with the horrid for much longer!

Good answer :D
Just because I wrote about my confusion of shaving though, doesn't mean I go out with hairy legs - I always keep them shaved (a bit personal, but who cares). LOL

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2010, 10:03 am

gossip

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 1:03 pm

Here is another thing I don't understand. Why do people think they can beat around the bush insulting someone just by calling them a different word that isn't an insult? For example, "n***a" for the n word. They think just as long as they say that word, they aren't saying the N word but I know that is what they meant. To me it doesn't matter what you say, it matters what you mean. They both mean the same thing. Or when someone calls someone a witch, we all know they mean b***h. But to say you never called them that is BS because we all know what you meant.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 1:08 pm

I didn't know witch really meant b***h. I have heard people say "she's a witch" I just thought they meant someone with the personality of traditional witch which would be cackly, vindictive, mean, hateful. wishing harm on others, while b***h just meant someone who is in a bad mood a lot or really strict.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 1:21 pm

This is what I do not get about any people. Get comfortable and read carefully:-

How come when my 22 year old brother goes out and gets himself really drunk, my mum says, ''that is what 16 year olds do! Not men of your age!'' But when my 13 and 16 year old cousins went out and got drunk, my mum was really shocked and said, ''they are meant to be doing that at all! They're only children! They're not over 18 yet! I never heard of such a thing!''
Does that make sense? If drinking is strictly for adults, why is it childish to get drunk when you're in your early 20s?

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Nov 2010, 1:34 pm

ReallyGoodName wrote:
Jewelry. I just don't understand. Why spend hundreds, if not thousands, on something when you can get something someone would actually notice, a shirt, for 10 bucks.

Well, I'm sure some Aspies like jewelry too.

I love jewelry! But, it absolutely has to be "real" or it's pointless. I know it sounds snobbish, but it's not. I have this weird obsession with the idea that precious metals and stones are naturally occurring pieces of the earth. I just think it's amazing that things like diamonds are hiding in rocks waiting to be found :-)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 1:36 pm

I am the same way about jewelry. I like the way fake (cheap) jewelry looks but hate the way it feels when I'm wearing it so I don't wear any.
I can't understand why people spend a lot of money on it. Why is is so important?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 2:31 pm

Why people feel the need to show off they are married by wearing their rings and when they can't wear them anymore due to their fingers being swollen during their pregnancy, they are upset about it. Seriously, why does it matter, why must the world know they are married and why are they so afraid of getting judged or what people will think? Does it even matter? They're strangers.

Unless men keep hitting on you, then I see the need why you would wear a ring. To keep those men away.