Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 47 of 60 [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 60  Next

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 1:07 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I agree with all of those who said Bobby Goren, Sheldon Cooper, House, and Luna Lovegood! I think it was interesting reading, on the first page of this thread, where someone said that there are little ASD traits in all of the BBT characters----I agree, with this, as well..... I've often thought of Leonard's awkwardness, allergies, and of course, "special interests", as being, sort-of, "Aspie-like".

The only one I haven't seen mentioned is "Doc Martin". He's INCREDIBLY socially awkward / unaware, has special interests (his obsession with medicine, and clocks), doesn't seem to have a filter, when he talks to people----and doesn't understand why what he says, can offend people; and he shows NO emotion (I think the only time he's ever smiled was, maybe, in the first episode).

Because I'm so obsessed with this show, I have to include some dialogue.....

Mother of patient: "Doctor, what's wrong with my little girl?"
Doc Martin: "She's VERY annoying."

Patient: "I think I'm dying, Doc."
Doc Martin: "You'd better be."

Friend of patient: "Doctor, is she gonna die?"
Doc Martin: "Yes----but, not today."

I LOVE Doc Martin, and completely forgot about him! There's even that episode in season 3 where the psychologist moves in next door to Luisa and attempts to diagnose Martin with Asperger's, which, as you can imagine, does not go well.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 1:39 pm

Duh, what am I thinking?

Willard Stiles, of course, which is why I always liked the character. Isolated and socially inept, bullied by his boss and his mother, able to communicate effectively and carry on an emotional relationship only with the rats in his basement.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I agree with all of those who said Bobby Goren, Sheldon Cooper, House, and Luna Lovegood! I think it was interesting reading, on the first page of this thread, where someone said that there are little ASD traits in all of the BBT characters----I agree, with this, as well..... I've often thought of Leonard's awkwardness, allergies, and of course, "special interests", as being, sort-of, "Aspie-like".

The only one I haven't seen mentioned is "Doc Martin". He's INCREDIBLY socially awkward / unaware, has special interests (his obsession with medicine, and clocks), doesn't seem to have a filter, when he talks to people----and doesn't understand why what he says, can offend people; and he shows NO emotion (I think the only time he's ever smiled was, maybe, in the first episode).

Because I'm so obsessed with this show, I have to include some dialogue.....

Mother of patient: "Doctor, what's wrong with my little girl?"
Doc Martin: "She's VERY annoying."

Patient: "I think I'm dying, Doc."
Doc Martin: "You'd better be."

Friend of patient: "Doctor, is she gonna die?"
Doc Martin: "Yes----but, not today."

I LOVE Doc Martin, and completely forgot about him! There's even that episode in season 3 where the psychologist moves in next door to Luisa and attempts to diagnose Martin with Asperger's, which, as you can imagine, does not go well.

What happened?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm

Sherlock Holmes (not the Robert Downy Jr. character in the films, but the book character)

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm

Sherlock from the books was a misogynist, but Watson wasn't, which I'm glad of.
"Oh" from Home. The most recent and awful movie by Dreamworks, also played by Jim parsons! The man can only play one character...

pirateowl76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Mar 2015, 11:22 pm

Two more who have always stuck out for me:

Parker from Leverage:

"The product of an abusive childhood spent in several foster homes, Parker is awkward around other people and has a terrible understanding of social norms. Over the course of the series, she comes to regard the other members of the team as her family, and for the first time in her life, trusts someone other than herself. Sophie and other members of the team have attempted to improve gaps in her social skills on numerous occasions, usually with limited success. As they become closer, Parker develops romantic feelings for Hardison, but her inability to properly express her feelings leads to a slow, awkward courtship. While emotionally impulsive, she can demonstrate great physical self-control in her work using acrobatics, strength, and concentration to her advantage. Parker was trained at a young age by expert thief (and recurring character) Archie Leach, and her obsessive focus on theft is to the point that her safe house is filled with gear and rappelling equipment to help her in various jobs."
--Leverage (TV Series)

Parker often behaves like she's from a completely different planet. Her awkwardness is adorable.

Dr. Jeremiah Sacani from Royal Pains:

"...Dr. Jeremiah Sacani (season 5–present, season 4 recurring), was hired by Evan to be Hank's replacement during Evan and Hank's temporary halt to their business partnership; Sacani stayed on when Hank and Evan made peace. He is an accomplished researcher and excellent at his work, although he has an awkward bedside manner because of his limited social skills."
--Royal Pains

There was an episode where Dr. Sacani accompanied another character to a club with loud music and crowds of people...the panic he went into was hilarious but also hit pretty close to home.

DarkBlueSpaceLexia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2015, 7:55 am

I also agree with Spencer Reid, Luna Lovegood, the Doctor and Abed Nadir. At least those are characters I remember seeing.

One I would like to add though is Sonya Cross from the Bridge (the US version anyway).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:21 am

Steve Urkel was sort of an iconic character during the 90s.

He was definitely a stereotypical nerd/Aspie.

Later on, when he was about to finish high school, he had a "cool" alter-ego, named Steve Ur-KEL, as opposed to Steven UR-kel.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:37 am

Legion from X-Men
Wendy Marvell from Fairy Tail (most likely because she's socially awkward)
Jenna Simmons from Agents of SHIELD (most likely because she doesn't tempt to tell lies very well)

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:38 am

Legion from X-Men
Jenna Simmons from Agents of SHIELD (most likely because she doesn't tempt to tell lies very well)
And I almost forgot to add the character Rin from Little Busters! (also socially awkward)

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

GoldTails95 wrote:
Dragonball- Bulma=Aspergers
Kirby Right Back at Ya- Kirby= Nearly non verbal Kanner Autism, Tiff=Aspergers
Pokemon-Ash=Aspergers (Why does a previous WP post say Ash looks like an Aspie?)
Urusei Yatsura- Lum Invader=High Functioning Autism
Star Trek-Mr Spock=Aspergers
Wild Arms 2 (Video game)-Collete Mapleaf (unplayable)=HFA/SPD, Marivel Armitage (optional playable)=Aspergers
Harry Potter- Hermomonie Ganger=Aspergers
Disney's Snow White-Dopey= Non verbal Kanner Autism
Is this right? Any Ideas?

Has anyone played a Wild Arms game? It is like the Final Fantasy games in the Wild West.
In Wild Arms 2, there are actually more characters like the ones explained, particullary the female ones. For example, a playable character Lilka Eleniak, is obsessed with Ashley Winchester, the hero, and magic. She always wants to be the best Eleniak Witch Girl better than her sister. The odd behavior has became more since her older sister died in a magic accident like someone with PTSD. However her undiagnosed PTSD gave her Asperger characteristics like sensory issues; she would stay away from anyone except her freinds. So Lilka definetly has undiagnosed PTSD with Asperger features.
And Collete Mapeleaf, who like I said has High Functioning Autism, is a puppy love friend of a playable character Tim Rhymeless. Here is a moment of her below between 3:27-4:00, where she looks like she either has siezures/epilepsy, which happens in some autistic people, or sensory issues that affect most autistic people.

In another installment of the Wild Arms game, the 5th series, there is a playable character, Rebecca Streisand, who might also be an undiagnosed Aspie. This is because she is so precise and absorbed into her gun slinging skills and hopes one day to join the circus as an acrobatic gunslinger. But she also has problems communicationg in the way of responding and interepting others, which is another problem that real life Aspergers people in real life. With that, she also gets meltdowns whenever there is some sort of disorder in her way, like the video below.

It seems that according to the comments, every single Wild Arms girl in the series acts unusual. What do you guys think?

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

Oh Yeah, Lilka is a very clumsy girl that provides comic relief. Another obessesion is that she is in love with Ashley. And that's why she feels lonley sometimes in the game because she knows he's already taken. And Marivel does not have much empathy being that she is a Crismson Noble. She is also very arrogant. Because Marivel is even smarter than some aspies but she has even lower empathy, I at this point, view Marivel as High Functioning Autism instead. Lilka is really an Aspie because at least she shows a bit more empathy than Marivel. Lilka can also be a very clumsy girl like many Aspergers people, which is why she is considered a comic relif in the game.
As for Collete Mapleleaf, she has a sweetheart personality but does not show it well. But she can't really have a good conversation or expression fo feelings. She's very hyper sensitive, and actually speaks very little. She would do a lot of monologues thinking to herself. Even she in her profile below, she looks like she is flapping her hands. Her ways are very obvious.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2015, 10:46 am

All Newtypes from Gundam. Specially since all them seem to be over melodramatic, sensitive and good at engineering.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 11:28 am

Dr. Bones.

Mr. Bean (not sure if he was ever meant to have it but I have heard he did by people)

I wonder if Butters in South Park ever had it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 2:37 pm

I know I've posted this before but:

Legion from X-Men
Rin from Little Busters! (also socially awkward)

And that's pretty much I can think about right now.

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2015, 7:24 pm

Goldfinger of 007 Goldfinger from 1964. Obsessed with anything about gold and devoted much of his time to being rich. Also has a sinsister cold empathy. So Goldinger has Aspergers without a doubt.