Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 50 of 60 [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 60  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 May 2015, 3:37 am

^^^ How can someone with just 2,383 posts since January 2010 be posting too much? :? :lol:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 8:25 am

How about that guy with the great dane. Or in the same films there's the girl with glasses. Sorry I forget the names.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 8:43 am

La Loca Santa, from the book So Far From God, by Ana Castillo- undiagnosed Asperger's hidden diagnosis of epilepsy

Holds unorthodox religious beliefs, holds a special interest in her unorthodox religious ideas, animals (particularly horses), and cooking, doesn't like to be touched, is sensitive to the smell of other people, doesn't like to interact people she is unfamiliar with, rarely leaves the grounds of her family's property, regularly does unusual things, like sleeping in the horse stable, holds highly noticeable habits, such as regularly going to hang around the river at the edge of the property, cooks food in from scratch in a complex and particular way, is described by people as socially inept, habitually honest, and lacking in humor, can memorize odd information, such as the license plate on a police car, her unusual behavior began to be noticed following an epileptic episode at age 3, and various other details.

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2015, 10:56 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Why is it that every non-verbal character here is thought to be an aspie? Kirby only says more than a word or two, like "Hiiiii!", but I heard he's supposed to technically still be a baby, which may also explain his seeming lack of moral sense when he devours numerous creatures whole.

I have a tendency to talk *too* much. And post too much, too. :)

But in the Kirby cartoon in 10:53, this is an example of how he thinks he is still in his own world while in another world just like many autistic people. So Kirby is a Kanner-type.

A supporting character Tiff, has Aspergers Syndrome, a milder from of autism bceause she has an all absorbing interest in marine Biology and spends a lot of her time collecting seashells and she has uneasy ways of responding and can get angered at times.

Some Kanner type people, which Kirby looks like he is, speak very little or none at all. Tiff, a supporting character in the Kirby TV show is an Aspie, so in the same show you see differences between what you call "LFA" and Aspergers.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 12:39 pm

Grebels wrote:
How about that guy with the great dane. Or in the same films there's the girl with glasses. Sorry I forget the names.

Are you talking about Shaggy Rogers and Velma from Scooby-Doo? There was an old cartoon as well.

GoldTails95
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jun 2015, 11:05 am

Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribbean Movies is an Aspie as well.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2015, 11:13 am

Kirby's not autistic, he's a baby star warrior. :roll: All babies are nearly non-verbal.

TheMagnanimousKitten
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2015, 7:34 am

Yes, my favorite fictional characters seem like Aspies, let me list :D
Sadness :)
Lilo :D
Agnes! :D
Vanellope von Schweetz
Squishy
Flint Lockwood

LadyLuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

Ed from the anime Cowboy Bebop.

Ed appears to be around 10 or 12. She controls the ships computers. She does not interacting with people in a meaningful way. She will walk through a room and not say anything to people in the room.

Sometimes she will not respond verbally when people talk to her.

She has a dog that follows her everywhere.

She spins around. She comes up with rhyming word for the last word in sentences.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 5:57 pm

I haven't read the whole thread here, but I just noticed someone on a series I was watching and thought about posting this. Arthur on Six Feet Under. He's in the later seasons and he's a funeral director that is hired to do an internship with the Fishers and lives at the house with them. If he's not aspie then I'm Batman. Check out the show and tell me what you think. He's plaid by that guy Rainn something from The Office.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

Yeah...he seems sort of Aspie to me.

He had an affair with the matriarch of the funeral parlor.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2015, 6:08 pm

Donald Duck

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm

Some people think Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street are more than "just friends". I don't really think that's true, but Bert really shows some classic Aspie traits: his profound fondness for paper clips, bottle caps, and other things Ernie and most other people find boring. He likes bland foods such as oatmeal and is not fond of bright colors. He would usually rather read or watch goldfish than do a physical activity such as playing baseball. He has other friends besides Ernie and like to socialize and have fun with them but as soon as he starts getting into something about pigeons or paper clips his friends tend to just desert him. Of course, Bert is pretty much the nerd of Sesame Street and is out to prove that it's cool to be boring. :)

Even Ernie has some Aspie-like traits. He appears to be an adult but plays with toys and is very attached to his rubber duckie. He's very fond of water. He doesn't appear to notice Bert's obvious annoyances with him. But he also has moments of maturity and wisdom, such as when he cares for his little plant even though he knows "she" will never give him fruit to eat or cuddle like a pet, or when he realizes living on the moon might not be a good idea.

bookworm360
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm

Prince Lev Nikolaevich Myshkin from Dostoyosky's "The Idiot" shows several aspie traits, from an associated epilepsy, early childhood catatonia, lack of passion (romantic or otherwise), high intellect but low understanding of social mores, an often remarked upon innocence (and youthful appearance), and also trouble understanding nuances.

Meurault from Albert Camus' "The Stranger" has limited access to his emotions, feels a distance from events and people, his actions and behaviors are seen as bizarre and illogical to others, lack of emotional expression, high intelligence.

Almost any main character or antagonist in Kafka. Like the Hunger Artist who after years of self starvation wastes away and dies saying that the only reason he fasted was because he never found a food he really wanted to eat.

Also I don't know why there's so much hatred towards Sheldon, I could see being his friend if I was in the same field as him as intellectual stimulation is of high value to me...but as I'm not a physicist or an engineer I have to admit I enjoy this personality type more on the other side of the tv screen.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm

Bilbo Baggins of The Hobbit; at least as he relates to the NTs (dwarves) in his life and their seemingly unusual social behaviors. He likes his Hobbit hole well stocked and orderly; but, they come close to damaging and misplacing his favorite things. He offers what he considers good advice; but, they insult him. He resorts to solving the Arkenstone controversy secretly; but, they dismiss his abilities and upset him frequently with their demands. He often uses the One Ring to hide from their scorn; but, they continue their insults. The parallels are numerous, in my opinion.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm

Dostoyevsky and Kafka have both always struck me as very 'aspergian' writers. Particularly Kafka.