Are there real physical differences with Aspergers?

Page 6 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Aspocractic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2013, 4:49 pm

I have extra long arms bigger than my legs.
not really

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 6:05 pm

mikassyna wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Shizuoka, are you saying that not only that aspies have superhuman brains but they also have super human bodies? If we weren't so impaired socially and in a few other ways, depending on the individual, it would seem natural that we would just take over the world.

I have a degree of double jointedness/hypermobility. I bring my arms, while locked together, all the way around my body without hurting myself or feeling any pain.

I can turn my feet backwards. I saw someone do it on TV and trained myself to do it. My podiatrist and husband scold me when I do it because it tears my ligaments and makes me more prone to injuries/sprains.

RU friggin' NUTS!?!

Don't do that!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 6:25 pm

my left leg is roughly 3/4 inch shorter than my right leg. I have a [approx.] 14.7 degree scoliosis between my 8th and 14th thoracic spine. if you look at my eyes from a distance they appear brown but up close they appear a mottled olive drab. the top part of my face [middle-nose on up] looks Japanese but the lower part appears more European. the right side of my head hair appears thin and flat, while the left side is thicker and fluffier. I have a few cowlicks on my scalp. I am very moley. I am thoroughly asymmetrical. :oops: I was always aware of "looking different."

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 6:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if you look at my eyes from a distance they appear brown but up close they appear a mottled olive drab.

Mottled? If you have several different colors then you have a kind of heterochromia :) They do not know what causes it yet, but it appears to be about having an extra "slot" for eyecolor. So twice the active genes for eyecolor...
Here's a very thorough description, though they seem to think "it's inherited" will suffice as an explanation:
http://musingsofabiologistanddoglover.b ... auses.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 7:09 pm

^^^
fascinating :)
I guess I have the central kind.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 7:27 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
mikassyna wrote:
I can turn my feet backwards. I saw someone do it on TV and trained myself to do it. My podiatrist and husband scold me when I do it because it tears my ligaments and makes me more prone to injuries/sprains.

RU friggin' NUTS!?!

Don't do that!

Yes I'm a bit nuts I guess LOL I get something in my head and charge forward with it. I had a friend who stuck nails up his nose and swallowed swords. I thought my trick was tame in comparison.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 7:53 pm

Yeah......

I have none of these traits.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
fascinating :)
I guess I have the central kind.

So do I :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:23 pm

^^^
be glad you don't have the rest of my assorted addlements and asymmetries.

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
be glad you don't have the rest of my assorted addlements and asymmetries.

Oh, but I do. And many of the assorted physical things linked to autism. Hello my fellow moley slightly-japanese-looking person! :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 9:00 pm

^^^
are you Eurasian also?

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 9:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
are you Eurasian also?

Something similar to that :mrgreen:
But my fathers side looks almost identical (but a bit more "ethnic") to my mothers side who's all variants of europeans so I don't know. Are you also really tired of hearing "But where do you come from?"... I didn't realize what they were asking for several years(! !! !!), so I always answered truthfully and got laughed at and then they follow up with the "No where do you reaaally come from?" which then turns into "But where do your parents come from? Where do they really come from?"
:cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 9:19 pm

^^^
it is the opposite with me, in that my mother's side is Japanese while my father's side [both decease, i'm old] is "Pennsylvania deutch." I don't mind the odd occasional person asking me my ancestry, I gladly state that "if only I had some Italian in me, I coulda started WW3." :lol:
anybody that would ask you questions that would make you sad, has [IMHO] some serious 'splainin' to do when they meet their maker. :hmph:

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 May 2013, 9:34 pm

Everybody's ethnic. It's impossible to not look ethnic.

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 9:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
it is the opposite with me, in that my mother's side is Japanese while my father's side [both decease, i'm old] is "Pennsylvania deutch." I don't mind the odd occasional person asking me my ancestry, I gladly state that "if only I had some Italian in me, I coulda started WW3." :lol:
anybody that would ask you questions that would make you sad, has [IMHO] some serious 'splainin' to do when they meet their maker. :hmph:

The thing was that during a long time I thought they were asking about which city I came from and then getting laughed at :? (yes, I was very clueless) I would just have answered if I knew what they were asking. But I still sometimes find questions like that a bit unnerving, depending on the attitude.
I'd never heard about Pennsylvania deutch before, that's cool being able to trace your ancestry that far back :)
And I like that joke! :) But be careful if the person asking is italian :P

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 9:36 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Everybody's ethnic. It's impossible to not look ethnic.

Are you serious? I don't want to use the term non-white or less white or colored (POC) as they are pale as f*****g snow! Or "less european", as they are in fact european, not just what americans think of as europeans. I used it as it's usually used, incorrect or not. And I don't want to reveal the ethnicity either on this forum, otherwise I usually use that.