Did you ride the short bus in school?

Page 6 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Moretto
Raven
Raven

Location: 01 Oakes Vetoh Lemala, Zeydin Seetznin, Hanow, Cassonie

22 Oct 2019, 10:12 am

I took a public bus, K to 6th grade.
I walked to my junior high, and my high school. In 11th grade I got a bike and used that.

In college I started taking the bus again, when I didn't have enough time to bike. Now I bike to work, or take my car when it's too nippy.

I haven't seen a short bus in a long time.

renaeden wrote:
The school buses here aren't that bright, garish yellow that it seems practically all you Americans have. They're just the regular public buses that everyone catches except they have a designated school bus number shown at the front, side and back of the bus.

We have both

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." - Baldwin

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 8:43 pm

Yes, because my regular route bus driver was a notorious adult bully (EVERYONE hated him) and went out of his way to tourmet special needs kids or kids that could not defend themselves. (He was VERY involved in rodeos so if he treated special needs children the way he did, I can only imagine how he treated his animals). Due to a loophole, I was able to take the short bus. Or as the kids at my school called it, "the ret*d bus". I was already being bullied at school so this was just another target for them. I was eventually able to convince my parents to let me take the regular bus again.