For the Aspies who can work and/or are highly educated

Page 6 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 1:46 pm

I find many non customer facing white collar jobs have roles that work a bit like a computer program i.e if this happens do this, if it states A go to B then tick C and so on.

Making detailed quality notes when training really goes a long way. In fact managers have commented how good mine are and used them to train others.

This is funny for me to think as how many jobs ive lost for getting this wrong in the sink or swim trainning period.

Masking is tough though especially in the open office and doesnt always work as the flexibility of youth wares off.

Workplace bullies are never far away ready to pounce on any perceived weakness, i can include a few managers and work collegues past and present there. Hate it and ASD.

I wouldnt recommend office work to anyone with asd unless its home based. Too many NT bullies and changes to adapt to.

Best advice to any school leaver with asd is to get into a job that you can train in as a proper skill that stays the same where you can slowly become excellent in. One with few unpredictable wild card elements in.

- George Bernie Shaw