Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm

I might ask for a kitty for my birthday. I've been wanting one for so long.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Yep, that's what it's like for me sometimes. I will respond if someone talks to me, but it might take me a bit.

Exactly, people expect me to speak up instantly, it just takes me a few seconds to respond.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:58 pm

Sometimes I have to ponder something, and other times I'm thinking things through, but then someone interrupts me, and I have to start again.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm

skibum wrote:
Kuraudo777 wrote:
I love hiking and exploring secret places. I also like horses, but I don't like riding them [it's too high for me].
That is cool. I understand about the height with riding. It is very high especially on a tall horse. My sister has the same issue. She is actually afraid of the in saddle height so she does not like riding either.
First time I rode a horse, I was 12. It was a mare that had just foaled. I 'was told to keep the mare under control' because if the foal took off, the horse would too. Well, I was sitting on it waiting and the foal took off. I couldn't hold that mare back to save my life, took off with me on the back barely holding on. The horse was trying to keep up with the foal as i wound around well pumps and other piping.

I got the crap beat out of me for 'not controlling the horse.'

This was from the same man I'd seen take down a horse bare handed, sit on the neck and beat it until he beat it into submission. And these were big horses. He was 6'4" and the shoulders were even with his shoulders. I don't remember how many hands that would be.

One horse got caught in the thickets of a swampy area in St. Augustine. I put on my boots (Dingo style...was cool for the times) to guide it out. Nobody else was home.

I got beat for messing up the boots. Didn't care about the horse then. But, the boots....THAT was important.....

The funny thing was I was a clumsy kid. When I ran back to change into the boots so I could wade into the swamp, I was standing near the door. I finished putting on the boots and swung around, in a hurry, and almost knocked myself out by way of running into the door frame.

So, double the fun that day.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:31 pm

The horse hand measurement is 4 inches.

Shame on them for making a first time rider control a mare who had just foaled. They could have killed you. I am glad you had fun though, your end comment sounds like it was fun for you.

I would never beat a horse into submission the way that guy did it. That would be very dangerous. You teach horses to submit the same way they teach each other to submit in the field. You make them walk backwards. You also make them move by applying pressure to the parts of the bodies that move them. The pressure is not hands on, it can be with movement or clucking noises or using a whip behind them, not on them, so they hear the sound of the whip hitting the ground. If you get them to move their feet, they will submit to you. That is one of the number one horse pecking order in the herd rules. Whomever moves feet first is the submissive one. So to get them to submit to you, you get them to move their feet rather than having them make you move yours.

Wreck It Ralph

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:46 pm

skibum wrote:
Shame on them for making a first time rider control a mare who had just foaled. They could have killed you. I am glad you had fun though, your end comment sounds like it was fun for you.
Huuurrrmmm....

Bad writing on my part....scared the hell out of me and I also knew I was going to get beat. It was de rigeur with that clown. No, that time with the mare was not good because the whole time riding I was sweating the fallout.

The time with the boots was a different time. I was contrasting getting beat because I couldn't control the horse...horse = important. Kid that could have been killed gets beaten.

I go into snake filled swamps to get the damned horse on my own because it was stuck in there, I got beat.

Boots = important. Horse = not important...calculation: zkydz still gets beaten.

Zkydz learns that boots and horse more important.

Files away for future reference on taking initiative. Do it perfect or don't do it at all.

Double the fun was for the head injury on the door frame and then the beating. I got it top and bottom that day.

And, no, you don't do animals that way. The native Americans had the right idea as did the Huns and Mongols.

They bonded, worked with them lovingly and each adapted into a symbiosis. Truly superior riders.

But, you know how strong you have to be to take a horse down bare handed like that and subdue it. He was big, brutal and out of control. Beat me, my mother and animals.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:06 pm

Many things, in various range of reasons.

Since my browser's being annoying, things I'm about to post IS gone. :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MidnightLupin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Apr 2016, 7:17 pm

People generally think I'm stupid after I need something obvious explained. Or after that, they assume I need help with everything then even if I didn't and wouldn't take it well when I'd tell them that it's fine.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I might ask for a kitty for my birthday. I've been wanting one for so long.

It would be great if you could get one. There are some real cuties up for adoption at the shelter near my house. It's a shame we can't adopt one.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:29 pm

zkydz wrote:
skibum wrote:
Huuurrrmmm....

Bad writing on my part....scared the hell out of me and I also knew I was going to get beat. It was de rigeur with that clown. No, that time with the mare was not good because the whole time riding I was sweating the fallout.

The time with the boots was a different time. I was contrasting getting beat because I couldn't control the horse...horse = important. Kid that could have been killed gets beaten.

I go into snake filled swamps to get the damned horse on my own because it was stuck in there, I got beat.

Boots = important. Horse = not important...calculation: zkydz still gets beaten.

Zkydz learns that boots and horse more important.

Files away for future reference on taking initiative. Do it perfect or don't do it at all.

Double the fun was for the head injury on the door frame and then the beating. I got it top and bottom that day.

And, no, you don't do animals that way. The native Americans had the right idea as did the Huns and Mongols.

They bonded, worked with them lovingly and each adapted into a symbiosis. Truly superior riders.

But, you know how strong you have to be to take a horse down bare handed like that and subdue it. He was big, brutal and out of control. Beat me, my mother and animals.
Now that truly sounds horrible. It's a shame that people like that even exist.

And yeah, horses are extremely sensitive just like Autistic people can be. You have to bond with love and respect. It can never be out of anger or out of a feeling that you are the superior being. We are not, not at all. I always tell people how grateful I am to the horses in my life that they don't choose to literally stomp me into the ground. They could kill me anytime they wanted to with one well placed kick or bite. Even a young foal could. It's all about mutual respect and understanding their language and relating to them as they relate to each other. And they know who respects and loves them and who does not and they respond in kind.

So many rescues are rehabbed and once they go from brutal jerk owner to someone who understands and respects and loves them, they go from frightened aggressive animals and become the most amazing gentle loving horses ever and a lot of them end up as therapy horses.

Wreck It Ralph

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:49 pm

I still get asked if I want the kids menu sometimes. When I order an alcoholic beverage, the server seems shocked that I'm old enough to drink. Other times the server will assume that the alcohol is for my dad. Dad never orders alcohol unless my brother is driving. People get shocked when I use swear words. They are surprised that I swear. I bond better with my cats and birds than I do people. Animals are awesome. Mine are always there to comfort me at the end of a long day.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

I've seen this in a lot of people. Some people just look and sound young.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

^*raises hand* That's me all round. I'm both short and skinny, and generally look like a child except for my eyes. My voice is drawling and stumbling and awkward and soft and I have bizarre ways of speaking, or even just trail off in random sentences or if I'm trying to get my thoughts together.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Kuraudo777 wrote:
^Yep, that's what it's like for me sometimes. I will respond if someone talks to me, but it might take me a bit.
Exactly, people expect me to speak up instantly, it just takes me a few seconds to respond.

Yeah, I'm totally like that too. If someone says something to me without me expecting it then it may take as much as 3 seconds for me to figure out that someone said something, I can then sort of replay what they said from my short term memory and properly process it. I then have to come up with a bunch of possible ways I can answer, screen out socially inappropriate ones, and then pick one that I like and say it. That too can take a few seconds, assuming it's not a yes/no question or any other kind of question where I can use echolalia to answer. Sometimes I just don't answer if it's not a question and a lot of people have gotten annoyed because of that because they think I didn't hear them even though I did.

Given the choice I usually prefer to be mute, in fact my friend (who is a strange person with a lot of autistic tendencies, among them being language processing difficulties) and I sometimes walk or sit next to each other for as much as an hour without saying a word. Right now I haven't spoken to someone in a few hours and I love it! I am sharing the house with my Dad who works a lot, my 17 year old brother who is almost always off doing something, and my 13 year old brother who is nearly as introverted as I am and who I suspect might be autistic too. Most of the time I can get away with not saying much. It would be interesting to count how many words I say per day and compare it to the average.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:07 pm

Today I only spoke to my husband twice, had two short under two minute conversations with two cashiers and a thirty second conversation with my brother. I will have one more with my brother tonight before I go to sleep for maybe 5 minutes or so. But that is ok because it relaxes me to talk to him. And I might have another very quick conversation with my husband. And only three cars drove by with loud stereos. It was a glorious day!! ! :D

Wreck It Ralph

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 10:27 pm

Quote:
I've seen this in a lot of people. Some people just look and sound young.

Just recently I got another one of those "Are you even of full age (= 18)?" comments again and last autumn, someone thought I was 16.
There were also enough cases when people assumed I would still go to school and ask me in what year I am.
To be honest, I actually like that. It's somewhat fun to watch their surprised expressions or mess around with that impression I make. Plus, I feel young as well, so at least the overall package that is "me" is consistent. :)

I have a theory why that is the case...
:P