Page 6 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

fourcandles
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2016, 3:19 pm

My handwriting is unreadable, even by me. I have to keep all my notes in text files.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2016, 3:23 pm

Greetings. My handwriting is horrible. Teachers at school have told to "write neater" since elementary school. One teacher got so mad at me for my writing that he would make me redo stuff because my handwriting sucks. It turns out after the psychoeducational assessment I got this year, that I have a fine-motor skills problem. So now when all these teachers get mad at me it's because of my fine-motor skills. Lack of fine-motor skills is part of my LD.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

QuirkyCookie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2016, 3:25 pm

Mine is pretty nice :) I used to get compliments on it as a kid in school because I learned to read and write faster than my peers, but I sucked at maths.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

Not Aspie (just autistic)but still have really bad handwriting. It's still being worked on.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 11:43 am

My handwriting is quite good and it was so even when I was about 7 years old.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 11:58 am

My handwriting is visually pretty good, although inconsistent. I frequently (maybe even always) use cursive and print at the same time. I also use capital and lowercase letters at the same time not in their proper places. My handwriting is readable though and people have told me it is nice, so I suppose it must be decent even though it is not good in a technical sense.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm

My writing has never been very good - in primary school, the teachers always commented that it was "messy" and I had extra lessons to help improve it. I changed schools many times, which meant that I never properly learned to write (or read) cursive - not to mention that being in different countries, each school did it a little different. Because of this, I almost always print if a computer is not available.

Although my writing is still far from perfect, it is at least somewhat readable, and if I slow down, I can write somewhat cleanly.

TristahK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2016, 8:52 am

Mine is absolutely unreadable. Even to me. But it isnt much of a problem, because I dont write that much.
However, I must wonder how my teachers read it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 8:54 am

Similar to Kiriae.

Readable/legible, but not elegant by any means.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 12:54 pm

When, I get home I'll upload a sample to imgur.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

hawkeye10
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Oct 2016, 6:14 pm

Definatly not pretty, other people often have trouble reading what I write. I've also got my own way of holding the pen which always surprises people when they notice it. I've tried the normal way many times but find it so much simpler my way.

nateman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2016, 7:00 pm

My poor handwriting was first pointed out to me in fourth grade by my English teacher. I was forced to stay in during lunch and after school to "practice" for the whole year. It was pretty traumatic to say the least. Well, I'm 31 now and my handwriting hasn't changed since fourth grade. My handwriting is considered poor even for a fourth grader. Several times at the same bank I've been scrutinized because my signature never matches.

tfgrudin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2016, 6:02 pm

I could probably pass myself off as a doctor based on my handwritting

NotAnEvilRobot

05 Oct 2016, 12:41 am

I used to write well enough in cursive, but now I just use print. It's faster and doesn't hurt my hand as much.

"As buds give rise by growth to fresh buds...so by generation I believe it has been with the great Tree of Life, which fills with its dead and broken branches the crust of the earth, and covers the surface with its ever branching and beautiful ramifications." - Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species

AnonymouslyAutistic

05 Oct 2016, 8:52 am

THE SAME as it was in 3rd grade... looks like a 3rd grade boy. Horrible.

Hand writing also hurts my hands.

With love,
Anonymously Autistic
“Anna”

https://anonymouslyautistic.net/