How Anti-Vaxxers Shame Autistic Kids.

Page 6 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 9:02 pm

My youngest brother and his wife are definitely anti-vaxxers. They have told me to my face that they chelate their kids, as well as themselves, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they give bleach enemas to their kids, in order to “cure” their kids. She has called me a liar, as well as a lazy-assed motherf!cker, as well as a leech for going on welfare and collecting SSDI, as well as a few other things. I finally cut all ties with them, as well as the rest of my brothers, in order to save what little sanity I have left.

In my not so humble opinion, you can not reason with anti-vaxxers, so it’s just better to have no contact with them, than to try to convince them that they’re wrong. Trying to combine them otherwise is like teaching a pig to sing: It’s a Waste of time, and annoys the pig. In short, it’s an exercise in futility!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 12:15 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I have not seen Jngyslate and can't even find her posts here when I use search. Perhaps the mods have already taken care of her?

Her posts are on page 4 of this thread.

My apologies for misgendering her.

I didn't see you misgender her, she has female listed and all these extra posts show. They were not here before when I made that post. Very strange. :?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 12:51 am

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I have not seen Jngyslate and can't even find her posts here when I use search. Perhaps the mods have already taken care of her?

I didn't see you misgender her, she has female listed and all these extra posts show. They were not here before when I made that post. Very strange. :?

I would very much prefer to list myself as a male, but theres no option to do that on this website, and some websites will ban you if they think that you are simply pretending to be the opposite gender. Thats why I didnt choose male when i chose my gender creating my account.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 2:15 am

I wonder if it comes from a shame of giving birth to a neurologically different child... and a conspiracy theory is better than anything that could change the narrative about the perfect lineage...

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 3:21 am

Amity wrote:
I wonder if it comes from a shame of giving birth to a neurologically different child... and a conspiracy theory is better than anything that could change the narrative about the perfect lineage...

Anti vaxxers are not the only people that fear autism in their children or see it as a bad thing, though. That is people from across the board. There are actually some autistic people that see certain bits of their autism as being a bad thing. I think the world on the whole is just vastly uneducated about autism. I mentioned this in a different topic that I made on this board, where I talked about how tons of popular autism websites all claimed that "autistic people have one or two 'special' things that they are good at". That's the biggest bunch of baloney that I've ever heard. People can not make an educated decision on a matter when mostly all that they hear about the subject is wrong information.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 3:50 am

jngyslate wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I would very much prefer to list myself as a male, but theres no option to do that on this website, and some websites will ban you if they think that you are simply pretending to be the opposite gender. Thats why I didnt choose male when i chose my gender creating my account.

So are you trans then?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 4:09 am

League_Girl wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

So are you trans then?

I guess so, I don't feel that I should have to be labeled as anything at all, but since most websites force you to choose a gender, i would definitely say that I feel more male than female. Not sure how this is relevant though

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 4:26 am

jngyslate wrote:
Amity wrote:

Anti vaxxers are not the only people that fear autism in their children or see it as a bad thing, though. That is people from across the board. There are actually some autistic people that see certain bits of their autism as being a bad thing. I think the world on the whole is just vastly uneducated about autism. I mentioned this in a different topic that I made on this board, where I talked about how tons of popular autism websites all claimed that "autistic people have one or two 'special' things that they are good at". That's the biggest bunch of baloney that I've ever heard. People can not make an educated decision on a matter when mostly all that they hear about the subject is wrong information.

And what makes you think you're a better judge of what's right or wrong information about autism ? Apart from arrogance that is . There's a difference between seeing being autistic as having plus and minus points , and wanting to risk killing your child because of that. The latter is irrational . Whereas accepting autistic people can have problems , and respecting them as people despite that is not. If your child is autistic help and support it . Don't risk killing a child because you don't want it to be autistic.

Last edited by firemonkey on 30 Jul 2019, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 4:34 am

firemonkey wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
Amity wrote:

And what makes you think you're a better judge of what's right or wrong information about autism ? Apart from arrogance that is . There's a difference between seeing being autistic as having plus and minus points , and wanting to risk killing your child because of that. That's irrational . Whereas accepting autistic people can have problems , and respecting them as people despite that is not. If your child is autistic help and support it . Don't risk killing a child because you don't want it to be autistic.

I dont know why you're asking me this? I dont want to kill any children. Ive already stated how I feel about the topic creators opinions.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:03 am

jngyslate wrote:
Amity wrote:

Anti vaxxers are not the only people that fear autism in their children or see it as a bad thing, though. That is people from across the board.

There are actually some autistic people that see certain bits of their autism as being a bad thing. I think the world on the whole is just vastly uneducated about autism.

I mentioned this in a different topic that I made on this board, where I talked about how tons of popular autism websites all claimed that "autistic people have one or two 'special' things that they are good at". That's the biggest bunch of baloney that I've ever heard.
People can not make an educated decision on a matter when mostly all that they hear about the subject is wrong information.

Fear is not a valid reason to discriminate in this way against a groups neurology.
The rationale of fear has led to atrocities against groups of people, imo nothing progressive can come from this mindset.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 5:12 am

jngyslate wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
Amity wrote:

And what makes you think you're a better judge of what's right or wrong information about autism ? Apart from arrogance that is . There's a difference between seeing being autistic as having plus and minus points , and wanting to risk killing your child because of that. That's irrational . Whereas accepting autistic people can have problems , and respecting them as people despite that is not. If your child is autistic help and support it . Don't risk killing a child because you don't want it to be autistic.

I dont know why you're asking me this? I dont want to kill any children. Ive already stated how I feel about the topic creators opinions.

Yet you're still willing to give a degree of support to the anti vaxx position . A position that increases the risk of a child being killed.

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 5:13 am

Amity wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
Amity wrote:

Anti vaxxers are not the only people that fear autism in their children or see it as a bad thing, though. That is people from across the board.

There are actually some autistic people that see certain bits of their autism as being a bad thing. I think the world on the whole is just vastly uneducated about autism.

I mentioned this in a different topic that I made on this board, where I talked about how tons of popular autism websites all claimed that "autistic people have one or two 'special' things that they are good at". That's the biggest bunch of baloney that I've ever heard.
People can not make an educated decision on a matter when mostly all that they hear about the subject is wrong information.

Fear is not a valid reason to discriminate in this way against a groups neurology.
The rationale of fear has led to atrocities against groups of people, imo nothing progressive can come from this mindset.

If you're expecting a response from me, I've already responded to this earlier in the topic.

jngyslate
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2019, 5:15 am

firemonkey wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
jngyslate wrote:
Amity wrote:

Yet you're still willing to give a degree of support to the anti vaxx position . A position that increases the risk of a child being killed.

Sorry If I wasnt clear about this point earlier in this topic. I do not support not vaccinating your children. I believe that vaccines could have numerous side effects though, and that they could cause autism.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 10:47 am

jngyslate wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
It's totally wrong to say pro vaxxers are lying. You come across like a rabid , anti vaxx propagandist .

On the contrary, you guys absolutely sound rabid. look at this explosion of ridiculous posts that occurred here after I continued to simply stand my ground on my views.

You are on a forum for autistic people, come on here and spread antivax BS and you expect what?
Its an insult to all of us.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 10:53 am

Arganger wrote:
You are on a forum for autistic people, come on here and spread antivax BS and you expect what? It's an insult to all of us.
Any person who deliberately posts inflammatory claims, and then claims victimhood when people react in anger is a Troll.

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

Thank you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 11:00 am

If you have met one autistic you have met one autistic person. In other words, being autistic does not preclude one from being not 100 pro-vax, a vaccination skeptic, or fully anti-vax.

I have been posting here for years why I feel the anti vax movement is horribly stigmatizing for autistic people and posting against the movement in general. Right now there is no rule against expressing non 100 percent pro-vaccine views. I hope that does not happen. I support neurodiversity. To me, that also means diversity of thought about autism and its causation should be an allowed topic on an ASD board.

There is a rule against personal attacks, jngyslate has not violated it, this is starting to happen to jngyslate, it should not.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 30 Jul 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.