What Genres of Music are Aspies Into?

Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

SunshineEmma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2018, 2:27 pm

I listen to all genres but mostly ballads :heart: I think they are lovely :heart:

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2018, 2:30 pm

Power metal, sythwave, vg music, classic renditions of vg music and ... stuff on kazoos if my playlist is any indication.

Sundew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2018, 5:23 pm

I like Ayreon (prog/metal opera); https://www.youtube.com/user/ArjenALucassen/featured
I also like a lot of other music but mainly listen to the above.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 5:43 pm

Classical music, 1950s and 1960s Rock and Roll and show tunes (Andrew Lloyd Webber) are my favorite types of music.

huimaa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2018, 7:59 pm

Metal ( doom/black/prog/symphonic), ambient, film scores, neofolk, post-rock, some trip-hop and eletronic rock...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

02 Oct 2018, 10:24 pm

I like a lot of stuff including :arrow: Pop, Comedy, Country, Classic Rock, Glam Rock, Punk, Ska, 90s Alternative, 80s, 70s, Celtic,

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Unwanted1forever
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2018, 11:13 am

Whatever sounds good really but mostly metal bands like dethklok slayer rammstien dragonforce stuff that is really really loud

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 11:28 am

Aspies can have very individual interests in music just like NTs do. Although some people on the spectrum don't care for music at all, which is considered very bizarre by most people.

For years I had a profound love for the music from 90's Disney movies. It started when I bought the soundtrack to Beauty and the Beast before I had even seen the movie, and then I was absolutely hooked.

I also have a thing for video game music. I've been listening to orchestra-style music from classic games like Super Mario and Sonic on YouTube. Epic! :D

BookwormSophie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

I like pop, J-Pop, and Pop-Rock. I sometimes like indie and alternative and rock. I hate rap and country.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2018, 6:35 pm

Folk music from Pete Seeger, Kingston Trio, Phil Ochs, Tom Paxton, Kate Wolf, Steve Goodman to more recent ones: Mustard's Retreat, Rhiannon Giddens, Gregory Alan Isakov, John Williamson, Bill Staines, etc.

A bit of old cowboy music: Marty Robinson, Doug Stamey

Classic Jazz: pianist Bill Evans especially

Classical Music, generally chamber music, love the Beethoven string quartets, the chamber music of Shubert, Bach and Mozart piano music.

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2018, 1:10 pm

I've always gravitated toward psychedelic and progressive rock, mainly from the 1960s and 1970s. Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, Captain Beefheart, Genesis, as well as some psychedelic jazz like Sun Ra, and certain Miles Davis and John Coltrane albums.

More recent music I like is Radiohead, and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 11:16 pm

I enjoy world music, German military, Oompa, classical music, show tunes, 60s lounge music, folk music from around the world, Nazi Wartime Radio, tribal music, futuristic space music, the music of the 1960s British Invasion, Motown and the Late 60s.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm

I have chosen electronic dance music and it used to be called synthesizer pop way back in the early 80s when I made the choice to make that my favourite genre. It's very precise and computerized music employing a great deal of repetition so for me this really appealed to my Aspie-ness.

Of course one cannot discount classical music such as Mozart and Beethoven as many Autistics favour this genre above all else.

I would recommend the 4th Act of Mozart's Marriage of Figaro sung ONLY in the original Italian. Quite uplifting indeed!

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 4:09 am

I like guitar music, something tuneful and not too heavy but the odd heavy song here and there is welcome.

I really enjoy quite light music, I like being able to hear the instruments and follow them through particular chord progressions or piano play

VictoriaGoose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2018, 4:19 am

Biscuitman wrote:
I like guitar music, something tuneful and not too heavy but the odd heavy song here and there is welcome.

I really enjoy quite light music, I like being able to hear the instruments and follow them through particular chord progressions or piano play

This song has a really good guitar sound in it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

05 Oct 2018, 5:35 am

I forgot to mention Grunge, EMO, & Soft Rock

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition