Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 9:46 am

My earliest memories came from when I was 3. My very first memory was riding in the car with my parents in a snowstorm. We went to the local pound and adopted a kitty, whom I named Sugar.

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 1:00 pm

I have several memories of when I was younger than 4 - my earliest is a prelinguistic memory of choosing (or rather having chosen for me) a doll at the age of 1.5-2 years. My sisters also have early memories though (and definately NTs), although one NT ex friend I discussed this with said she didnt have many memories before the age of 10 which amazed me.

skeeterhawk
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2008, 1:09 pm

I definitely remember things from pre-three years old. I was bitten by a dog at two and remember being sewn up. I remember the house and rooms where we lived and the car trips to and from that house. I've never thought that this sort of memory might be AS related but now I may have to think that over.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 12:03 am

I don't have that many memories of when I was a child. And I have no memories when I was a baby.

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2008, 6:29 am

I vividly remember what my potty chair looked like. I had this image pop into my head one day and asked my mom if she remembered some sort of light wood chair that had a bear witha blue ribbon painted on it. She told me it was my potty which she got rid of after me and didn't use for my younger siblings. She was shocked that I remembered it since it went away when I was only about 2 1/2.

I have many vivid visual memories from early childhood.

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2008, 8:37 am

Before some head trauma, I had a small scattering of memories before age 3 - mostly from age 2. Supposively when I was 4 and 5 I said I even remembered being a baby, but I'm not sure how true that was as I don't remember saying that now :).

I still remember my 2nd and third birthday party, though. Specifically the second party was in the backyard and I really remember one of the girls in a red and with a pokedot dress running to the front - I can remember the noise of the party while she was doing that, the direction of the sun, etc. 3rd Birthday party is by far more extensive - my brother and I share the same birthday so I remember his birthday party and mine.

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2008, 9:02 pm

I have very clear, though disjointed, memories of some events when I was very young. I'm fairly certain I remember being born, but nothing in the memory is very clear, so it's hard to tell for sure. The next memory I have was when I was between 2 and 3, and I have clear memories of a couple dozen events between then and my 5th birthday. After that I'm able to place all of my memories in chronological order, and it's all pretty clear to me. I still replay conversations from when I was 8 in my head, even if they're not terribly important conversations and I'm the only one who would remember them.

I also have very poor short-term memory, it's like names and faces are erased from my cerebral hard drive before I'm even aware that they were there to begin with. I frequently just forget what I was going to say in the middle of a sentence, and there's nothing anyone can do to remind me what it was. It gets very frustrating sometimes, but if it's the price I have to pay to have the beautiful thoughts I have, I'm more than willing to pay it.

trashcanpoet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2008, 10:21 pm

My first memory - crystal clear to this day - happened when I was just one and a half. My mother confirms that it actually happened and that's how old I was.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 10:44 pm

I remember being in the crib, I also have unusual images of places or things, I remember my second christmas when I was 13 months old and remember my baby sister coming home when I was 14 months, just a few weeks later

alphacent
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2008, 11:48 pm

Yes, I remember events and DREAMS that I had when I was 3 years old (back in 1951-2). I watched Howdy Doody and I Love Lucy on TV at the time, and I had dreams about these two shows all the time. I also remember trying to look behind the TV set to see how the people got in there!

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Apr 2008, 11:54 pm

I'm not sure how old I was at the time but I remember I use to fall inside the toilet so many times that my mum at to get me this special seat. I must have been pretty young to be small enought to do that. lol :lol:

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 11:59 pm

beau99 wrote:
It is said that many spectrumites have great photographic memory, yet have horrible short-term memory.

Considering I fit into this as well, I tend to agree.

same here I was able to get by in grammer school by acing all my tests despite forgetting to do most of my homework.