Page 6 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 1:52 am

http://www.puzz.com/enigma.html

Here's a fun one. Got them all right in under 20 minutes, wondering if I had a stroke of genius or if the IQ scale is a little more than generous.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 3:36 am

Internet tests are very fun to solve, but are very lacking in accuracy. I still enjoy taking them because I like puzzles.

orangered
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2008, 5:33 am

paulsinnerchild wrote:
orangered wrote:
I took a free online test and got a message - they would send me results after I send them money.

So I figured out I am not as smart as I thought :D

I just felt that test was too easy. Well, a lot easier than most so I just assumed that score would have been over inflated anyway. So I concluded I am clever because I did not send them money and thus averted them from choking up my mail box with junk mail and spamming my email saying words the effect "we invite you to another "free" online IQ test"

I didn't send them money either. But I didn't feel clever, when I found the test was free, but the results weren't. :D

I agree that if they are going to cheat, score would be not only inaccurate, but just plain lie.

Keoren
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2008, 6:44 am

I now have completed Wechler test with my psychologist. I'll hear the results in a month when we have our next meeting. I do know that I scored full points at couple sections (including that social 'comic', but it could easily be done by using just logic) and got one or two wrong in most of the others.

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 10:41 pm

Had an IQ test a couple of years ago because I took the crappy on-line versions and scored high (135+) on some tests and not so high on others.

I found that I fixated on the type of question a test started out with and did poorly on other types of questions that came up later in the test. (On one test that started out with visual/spatial questions I had a perfect vis/spat score but tanked in verbal. Another test was the reverse) Also, the one test that had a time limit caused so much anxiety that my verbal ability decreased and I had difficulty understanding simple phrases. I scored 90 on that test whereas I had scored 135 on an untimed test the day before. I have never really considered myself intelligent because my test taking ability (and grades) have mostly been mediocre. But then there was the SAT test where I scored in the 98th percentile for social sciences and received three college credits for psychology although I've never had a psychology class.

So the offical testing had these results (but the tester admitted that I might get a different, higher outcome on another day):
Full Scale 121 (combined Verbal & Performance)
Verbal 112 (spelling errors depressed the score)
Performance 130 (block design and picture arrangement 99%)
Weakest score was working memory but without ADD. Had a slow processing speed.

Still am unsure what it all means. Every day is an adventure.

Last edited by Zonder on 24 Feb 2008, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 4:19 am

I scored a meager 120; however, I was terribly panic stricken throughout that test to the point of almost having a panic attack during part of it. I could not concentrate at all.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 9:09 am

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
any one here ever take an IQ test ? ( a real one by a professional not an online one :wink: )

if so what were your scores

and for what section for example
Full Scale: IQ
Verbal IQ:
Performance IQ:
Speed proccesing: etc etc etc

wow... what test did you take? I never got any of those separate results.

I have been tested but I don't remember getting all these different results. Given this was some 10/11/12 years or so ago and i am going by memory here.

EDIT: I should explain. I had a test and it was given in two broad sections. One was mathematics/spatial and one was oral/communicative. (categories by memory, don't hold me to those). Anyone else given those two categories can tell me what test I was given?

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 9:46 am

Distraction, anxiety, panic attacks - they can dramatically decrease IQ scores (but not your actual IQ).

Academic testing was worse for me because there was always more riding on those tests: grades and being accepted into schools. Twenty years ago I tanked on the Graduate Record Exam because I was feeling anxious and ill and couldn't concentrate. I was rejected from programs I wanted to get into as a result.

I know that now you can ask for academic testing accommodations but don't know if there are accommodations for taking IQ tests.

William Faulkner
Nobel Prize Speech, 1950

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 11:39 am

Quote:
EDIT: I should explain. I had a test and it was given in two broad sections. One was mathematics/spatial and one was oral/communicative. (categories by memory, don't hold me to those). Anyone else given those two categories can tell me what test I was given?

Sounds like the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale.

It reports as:
Full Scale
Verbal
Performance

Further divided as:
Verbal Comprehension
Perceptional Organization
Working Memory
Processing Speed