Page 6 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next

cdc2001c
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 May 2008, 10:24 pm

When I was a kid everyone always thought I was way older than what I was because of how much bigger I was than the other kids and how mature I acted. Even through high school people always thought of me as much older than I was. I was shocked the other day to see a group of my high school aquaintences, not really friends and saw how much older they looked. They were all shocked to see my appearance, mostly because I look younger now than when i graduated with them. I am 29 years old and still get carded when I go buy lottery tickets or R rated movies at the store etc. So I guess I am kind of happy with the whole idea of the reverse age thing for now and hope it continues for alot longer.

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 10:41 pm

The age for drinking smoking, gambling etc is all 18 here and i still sometimes get asked for ID even though i am 28 it can be a little embarrasing.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 10:43 pm

I don't think we all look younger.

I probably pass as 35 (I'm 28).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 11:16 pm

archdude wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
And only three people have ever guessed I was my age or above it. One lady actually asked if I had any kids! But this happens very, very rarely. People sometimes think I'm even as young as ten...

TEN! Really? Have you not gone through puberty or are these people that lacking in intelligence that they could mistake an adult for a pre-pubescent?

No, I'm just small. And whenever I'm with my 5'8" mom, it makes me look even younger. I'm 5'3" and about 90 pounds. They said this back when I was seventeen or eighteen though.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 11:19 pm

same thing, just different range...;) I'm 50, and I was smiling at one of the women in the art department (my guess is she was mid-20s). She just seemed friendly, until she found me talking to someone in the break room, and learned my true age. As paradoxical as it seemed, I'll treasure that horrified look of disgust forever...;)

kaytie
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2008, 11:29 pm

i actually look older than my age..
i think,often wearing a frown has aged me
and the gain/ loss of weight is another
that's one of my dilemma to look my age
so people wouldn't think i am too old for
certain jobs.

brat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2008, 12:04 am

8O I'm 22, and people always seem to think that I'm 17-18 years old. Most people say "Oh, it will mean alot when you're older" I'm like ummm... thanks.
When I was 17 or so and my brother was 16 he was asked if he want'd a cocktail, he wasn't even carded. NOT EVEN. shoot at 22 I'm still carded and the one time I was not carded was my 21st birthday. My mom told the casher at the spirits store that it was my 21st birthday and I suppose they didn't think she would lie.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 1:22 am

I am 32 and i have a "baby voice" and I am short...and I act a whole lot younger than my age...and i dress the same way i did when i was a teenager....but I am starting to age a bit...from stress..and time...i guess it is inevitable.
I am still able to trick teens and early-twenty somethings into thinking I am one of them though...babies at grocery stores seem to notice I am not a regular adult...and children will openly dispute the fact that I am a grownup....it is more of a behaviour thing that anything really....I look, act, and sound signifigantly younger than the average world-weary 22-year-old.

LCD
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 May 2008, 1:24 am

I'm 24 and I've only just started getting facial hair growth, which to be honest is on a mediocre scale, random hairs without any pattern growing around my chin area.
Commonly though, men in their late teens or early twenties recieve their first signs of facial pubity, and this usually turns to beard growth once they reach their 23+.
But this still doesn't explain my youthfull looks, women still communicate to me as though I am in my late teens, no authority what so ever.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 1:26 am

I guess because we are immature socially that tends to set us apart and makes us seem younger.

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2008, 5:57 am

ive always stayed out of the sun and have blackouts on my windows at home.
about 80% or more of aging is sun damage!
also i'd agree with comments about drinking etc less...

i am 35 and look about 5 years younger than my age, i think, and am frequently taken for 10 years younger.
cool!! !!

8)

The_Wrong_Child
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2008, 4:10 pm

Silke wrote:
I look a lot younger than my real age, I'm 31 and still have to show ID if I want to buy alcohol.

Me too!

I've always looked younger, even during my whole childhood (so it's not just a matter of lack of expression=lack of wrinkles)

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 4:51 pm

Sublyme wrote:
I'm not sure, but I am usually mistaken for a teenager, anywhere from 14 to 16 usually. I'm actually 26....I'm very petite (not even 5' tall), and I usually don't wear makeup....have my hair in a pony tail or messy bun, and I tend to dress more like a teenager I guess. Also I have braces (a random manic idea), so that makes me look younger too.....also my mannerisms are still somewhat childlike, and I have a high pitched voice and I'm soft spoken, so I also sound younger.....

You sound like my long lost real twin. I dont have braces now, but i did when i was younger. I am also the same height and kind of look like a kewpie doll with more hair and clothing. I am still carded at the liquor store and Image I often become like a doll to some of my female friends. I just usually let them take the lead unless its something i really want to do or something i dont really want to do. Instead of having a lack of facial expression, I have overexaggerated facial expressions. I am starting to tone it down though. But to get back to the point, yes, I look considerably younger than most people my age. I went to my high school reunion a couple of years back and was shocked to see how old everyone looked. Not always a bad thing.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 4:53 pm

oops. sorry for the gigantic picture.

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2008, 5:33 pm

Avengilante wrote:
I have a portrait in my attic that does my aging for me.

lol

i think AS's are less stressed in the social depeartment

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 11:39 pm

People are all the time asking me what grade I'm in, even though I'm in grad school.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"