My bedroom walls have no posters - aspie thing or just me?

Page 6 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 7:57 pm

Ive always had huge posters, or scores of small ones. Ive had since childhood, a big Kylie Minogue when I was 9, a big Johnny Depp above my bed when I was 11, Guns N Roses at junior high, a huge black panther, a wizard, and lots of smaller ones when I was at high school. Ive also had big yearly wall planners.

Right now I have a calendar, a few small things, and a framed picture of The Tree of Life that my mother got me. She took my things down when I was overseas and put her own stuff up, so the room isnt to my taste, but I do love the tree. When I move into my own place I will be putting all sorts of things up again.

Taking a break.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 12:49 am

Keeno wrote:
I have never been given (at least not since childhood) to having posters on my walls. Maybe I don't like putting holes in them. Heck, I don't even have body piercings, or tattoos for that matter. I think I just like things clean, and unadulterated and simple.

I, too, prefer clean and simple.

ruveyn

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 11:33 am

I've alway decorated with posters. When I was single I put up pictures of all sorts, including Dali and Escher prints. I put up articles relating to Pink Floyd, hung twinkle Christmas lights from the ceiling, mage my own sculptures, and so on....

Nowadays I have more refined tastes, as The Missus is the one who chooses the art ....

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 1:23 pm

I used to have one poster of Queen (the band) in my room, when that was my obsession. Now my walls are tan and there is nothing on the walls. But I did buy window markers so I could color on my windows. (I don't know if that counts or not 8))

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 2:20 am

When I was younger and lived on my own briefly in a garage apartment, I had these large unstretched canvases by a moderately well-known artist...Ibsen Espada (he's had works in the MFAH),,,He's a sort of friend of my parents..and i had some of his old "throwaway" canvases...large scale works that were just folded up and stuck in a garage and then given to me. I had them draped in x-mas lights and the 2 I had each covered almost a whole wall...I had had them since my early teens, but I have no idea what must have happened to them...they were fun to look at though...It was pretty scary...one time I woke up to find that my christmas lights had short circuited and they were all strobing really fast at once...There might possibly have been a fire...that scared me out of hanging so many christmas lights...

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 4:48 am

No posters on the walls in my room either, just some cobwebs :P

In my early teens I used to collect posters in a display folder instead of sticking them on my walls.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 1:21 pm

I don't have anything on my walls besides the DNA replication project I did for my Biology class this year.
I used to have a couple of anime posters up, but decided that they were visually distracting last year and chose to take everything down. Besides, I painted the walls blue, and sticking stuff on them might ruin the paint or make the walls dirty.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 2:20 pm

I don't have any posters on my walls either.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2009, 5:48 pm

LOL my place is really bare, wall wise. My landlord is a colossal ass-hat and he was like "When are you going to decorate?" Which I don't want to do.... So I spray painted two ugly 99c canvases and hung them at 45 degree angles, equidistant from the center of the wall above my television.

Wait. I do have two posters... A big velvet painting of beethoven and right nect to it is a shooting range person shape target thing. but those are in my kitchen. Those are the only things in my entire apartment.

EDIT: the ugly spray painted canvases are gone. I'd been wanting to get rid of them for a while xD

TB
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 6:00 pm

i had my room full of stuff that i didn't even put there and one day i decided to take it all down now i have nothing.

i think it has something to do with showing your personality just like the kind of car, phone or clothes you wear you decorate your room with stuff that say something about your personality.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 7:10 pm

I have a lot of drawings on my wall. I get them from friends (I'm in an art club and we often exchange art), and then I frame them and put them on my wall. I like having them around a lot. Partially because the art is beautiful and partially because it's also a personal thing. Friends created these for me and included my favorite things, colors and interests. It means a lot to me.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 8:00 pm

Until 1991 had some photos and drawings on the BR walls but after that they were too much.
Put up a couple candle sconces and hung a woven cotton rug on one wall.
Tried prints again 1997 but again proved too much after couple years.
Back to little to nothing on walls.

Now have 4 kites hanging 2 each on 2 of the walls with other 2 walls clear.

Thinking of putting up small shelf with model sailboat on one blank wall. :?
But that wall gets a lot of summer afternoon and evening sun right on it. 8)

Would constantly have to remember to close blinds. :?
Hey, great thing for OCD :!: :lol:

rathernotsay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2009, 8:21 pm

None. My whole life is very unadorned. Plain is the order of the day. I won't buy clothes if they have any interesting patterns or logos either. I used to think it would be cool to be amish because I could just wear a plain shirt...maybe a different color somedays.

Last edited by rathernotsay on 25 Jul 2009, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 9:27 pm

I have never had Posters in my room either. I prefer plainness at home, same with clothes...

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2009, 11:48 pm

I used to not have anything on my walls. It may have been because of what I was into (computers), could not really be on a poster on a wall. Or maybe because the things I like, stay in mine mind, and its hard for me to decide on what to take out and try to keep on a wall.

If you have trouble expressing your self, then I think your walls are a form of expression, and hence they won't easily have things on them.

Also alot of times NTs will put things on there walls or clothes because they pic what everyone else thinks is cool, and not completely what they them selves think its cool.

For an aspie, they are more likely to pick something they really like, and that individual may be the only one that under stands, so if other people come into the room and see the posters they may not think its cool or not understand, so that may also be another reason why and aspie would have blank walls.

My wall used to have nothing, now it has samurai swords, dragon posters, band posters and car posters.

kid123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2009, 2:34 am

Kidscapes for discount prices on wall decals, removable wall stickers, wall stickers, Wall Graphics & Kids Room Stickers for your home.Kidscapes are a great way to create stunning children's rooms.With decorating themes and ideas to suit all Kidscapes wall stickers are a simple yet stylish way of decorating childrens bedrooms, nurserys or play rooms. -