List one NT thing you do not understand.

Page 54 of 65 [ 1025 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 65  Next

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 3:11 pm

One NT thing I don't understand? Homophobia. The obsession that most pubescent males have with penises and pubic hair. I don't understand why they have to be so violent either.

And dear God, when did this generation become full of drama queens? That's not just NTs though.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 5:55 am

"Let's build tomorrow today!"

8O

galwacco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2011, 6:06 am

DarrylZero wrote:
Why do they ask for your honest opinion, then get upset when you give it? :scratch: :huh: :shrug:

That's my line too!

Chama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2011, 6:16 am

I don't understand why so many people ask me questions and then keep talking and never give me a chance to answer the question they asked. It's even more frustrating when they ask a question and end it in "am I right?" then keep talking. Now not only have they pretended to include you in their monologue, but in their memory you agreed with them!
This happens to me SO MUCH. Don't ask a question if you are not looking for an answer! :[ I get so confused!

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2011, 6:39 am

What do I not understand about normies?

Blah blah blah
Blah Blah
Random gibberish and small tlak

There you go.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Feb 2011, 7:17 am

galwacco wrote:
DarrylZero wrote:
Why do they ask for your honest opinion, then get upset when you give it? :scratch: :huh: :shrug:

That's my line too!

Why when you ask them for their honest opinion, do they refuse to give it?

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 7:48 am

Verdandi wrote:
Why when you ask them for their honest opinion, do they refuse to give it?

yeah, i gave up on that ....Sooo annoying to have to read between the lines or get plain lies in response to a straightforward question about yourself....

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 9:25 am

Chama wrote:
I don't understand why so many people ask me questions and then keep talking and never give me a chance to answer the question they asked. It's even more frustrating when they ask a question and end it in "am I right?" then keep talking. Now not only have they pretended to include you in their monologue, but in their memory you agreed with them!
This happens to me SO MUCH. Don't ask a question if you are not looking for an answer! :[ I get so confused!

Yes. And a related issue, is why do they ask for advice knowing full well that they are not going to take it?

Why do they think that they have overcome your objections, when you get tired of discussing the issue?

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 9:34 am

Small talk... 8O
...why do they do that? How? What's the point?
Hair dressers, I swear they are my Kryptonite...what is it about my need for a haircut that tells them I MUST be going out somewhere or going on holiday, that I must want to talk about TV soaps, reality TV, or comment on the outfits of the current famous for being famous celebrity. They just keep pushing the small talk and chat, despite the fact you're blatantly not going to join-in, why can't they just cut my hair?

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

rbnnybt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2011, 9:50 pm

The fake exaggerated voice with the long drawn-out syllables, especially at the ends of words, extremely high-pitched for females, used on the phone and sometimes in real life for unknown purposes. Sounds patronizing in real life. Or sounds like the person is talking to a 2 year old. Oh wait, same thing. Just weird on the phone. I always want to ask, "Why are you choosing to talk this way? You and I both know that's not your real voice."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 5:12 pm

Why some people can go on and on without coming up for air, and you can't get a word in edgeways, and you don't like to interrupt - yet they still expect you to ask questions and take part in the conversation as equally as them, otherwise you're considered unfriendly or boring.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 12:32 pm

"You are better than this."

What am I better than?

What is "this"?

How does "this" help?

What should I do exactly?
How have I offended the person speaking?

How should I be "better" and why?

There doesn't seem to be any specific or helpful advice in this statement.
It's confusing.

Chenjiringu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2011, 1:13 pm

That ppl ask "How are you?" but really don't wanna know how you are and when they wanna know I don't know what to answer or don't answer what they expect me to and then they get mad.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

12 Feb 2011, 3:07 pm

Why come up with increasingly contorted and baroque explanations for behavior and diagnoses that have a very simple and obvious explanation? What is the value of trying so very hard to convince someone that nothing they experience is real and that everything can be explained by something that in fact explains nothing at all?

And why do some have so much difficulty with the idea that their first reading of something is inaccurate? Why is it that they can insist what I post or say implies that I am really thinking something entirely different or experiencing a particular emotion, and saying "No, actually, that's not true. How did you even come up with that?" is nothing more than a defensive reaction and not, say, a perfectly natural reaction to being misunderstood?

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 5:55 pm

Why do they ignore instructions, then lie and say that they read them and followed them. If they actually read the instructions and followed them, I wouldn't have to fix their mistakes.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:37 pm

Yensid wrote:
Why do they ignore instructions, then lie and say that they read them and followed them. If they actually read the instructions and followed them, I wouldn't have to fix their mistakes.

My guess is because they were embarrassed for their mistake and they don't want to admit it. So they think they can try and hide it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.