I've read about neanderthal and came crasy idea to me..

Page 7 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 9:56 am

Mindslave wrote:
Somehow, the thought that I'm a neanderthal that's never been in a fistfight before doesn't tickle my fancy. Besides, neanderthals were short and strong. I'm tall and skinny.

What does being a neanderthal have to do with being in a fist fight or not? Also, just because you aren't a purebred neanderthal doesn't make it impossible that you could have some neanderthal genes in you. And there's some strong evidence(in my opinion) that suggests that neanderthals were smarter than they were given credit for. Also, the height of a neanderthal was determined by genetics, but their muscle mass wasn't. They might have a predisposition to having more muscle, but they wouldn't have that muscle if they didn't have to work hard and actually use said muscles. So just because you don't look like Arnold Schwarzenegger from the 80s, that doesn't mean you can't possibly have any neanderthal genes. I'm not saying you necessarily do; I don't really know what to think about all this. I'm simply saying that your reasoning as to why it must be false is flawed.

I dunno what it necessarily means, but I have some of the neanderthal features I read somewhere before, specifically the deep eye sockets(mine are ridiculous), the over-extended brow, and that bump thing in the back of my skull. And if what they said about the redhead/freckles thing is true, then I probably do have some neanderthal genes in me, as my family has a history of redheads. I have brown hair, but I also have freckles... not all over, but they're there, and they show up more in the summer for obvious reasons.