Anyone ever get back at their bullies?

Page 7 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 2:54 pm

the worst most evil part of bullies is that they diabolically try to get you down to their anti-spiritual level any way they can. they try to make you as evil as they are.

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2013, 3:34 pm

GGPViper wrote:
I just chose to beat the crap out of the ones bullying me...:shrug: Then they stopped.

pretty much what i did.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 1:12 am

Violence may work if you are a a 6foot body builder but for those of us who look like Sheldon from 'Big Bang' will find ourselves in hospital every time we decide to be heroe.

neuroshits
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Feb 2013, 10:17 am

When I was in 11th grade me and a group of people in my class were doing this marketing project for school where we had a waffle and hot dog day to make money for the project and I urinated in the waffle mix to get back at all the people in the school I hated, I was very happy with myself that day.
I still intend to go after everyone who was mean to me in my school and make sure that they suffer, I'm not even in school anymore but i'm going to hunt them all down and hurt them, because I couldn't give a crap for neurotypical people in my view they are the scum of all creation, they all deserve eternal punishment for treating us so badly over all the years

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 10:45 am

I don't care about getting back so much as about not appearing like a target in the first place. I remember this guy who used to make fun of me when I was 15, and I considered putting supperglue in his backpack's zipper, but im the end I wrote it off as cowardly. We became good friends next year anyway.

One thing I remember, is that when I was 16 there was some girl on school I didn't know who got a liking to insulting me every time we crossed paths. I just ignored her, but she wouldn't stop. Then one day she was at it again and I was kinda annoyed, so I stopped and told her "besides ugly, annoying?" (sounds better in spanish) and then kept going where I was going to without bothering to hear her reply. She never bothered me again. Later on I learn I'm not supposed to call girls ugly, but she was calling me worse things anyway, and I sense a double standard somewhere there. I still don't know the proper way to insult someone, I either don't come up with anything or go directly at their self-esteem and hurt them more than I should have, so I guess it's a good thing bullying is a thing of the past.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

kx250rider wrote:
I was afraid of my bullies, so the thought of getting back at them never entered my mind. Avoidance was the way I dealt with them. And although I don't consider myself to be vengeful in any way, I think karma "got back" at several of my bullies, as I see some of them on Facebook, and they're all old-looking, fat, poor, and/or divorced, and I'm married to a wonderful woman, and am into fitness and could get my picture in fitness and bodybuilding magazines if I wanted to, but I don't have to because I am lucky enough to be OK financially at this point too. The best part of this kind of "revenge", is that I didn't have to do a thing to make them the way they became, and what I did to work on myself, has put me where I am today.

Charles

Way to go Charles!! That's the right attitude to have. :D

It reflects my own unfolding life and reminder that things can get better if you better yourself, not if you make things worse for those who don't matter.

For those who bullied me, I checked on them through various online channels, even met one in person recently, and they're still immature, flippant, pissant types - one recently moved out from his mother's place and he was well into his 30s...whereas I was independent with a good job and a few loyal friends LONG before that.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2013, 12:03 am

It pays to be nice to people. One of my bullies from 7th grade ended up being one of my best friends by senior year, and is one of the few people I still actually talk to from high school.

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2013, 2:20 am

LupaLuna wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
you're a bully, too, just a sneaky one.

How does that make me a bully? I am only defending myself.

It's only defense when you are being attacked and hit back, revenge is waiting until later and messing with them. By the way, that stuff sounded pretty lame. you should've started working out and then see if they wanted to mess with you.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2013, 11:10 am

There was this bully at my secondary school who tormented both me and this other dude who had Cerebral Palsy. He was always sneaky to mess with us when no one else was watching. Then one day this older guy who was the biggest student in school, he was 6ft7, saw the bully in the act. A couple of days later he challenged him to a fight after school and the bully accepted, he told the bully why he was fighting him and with one punch knocked him to the floor and the bully pissed himself with fear, literally, and spat out three teeth. Turns out the big guys little brother had autism and he hated seeing other kids suffer because they are different. The bully never teased anyone again. I still smile when I remember it.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2013, 11:50 am

I dunno, I think if you're bent on revenge, the joke might be on you. It shows that long after the bullying event, you're beating yourself up, egging yourself on saying "you gonna let that guy treat you like that, you're nothing, your worthless, you're small...."

And the bully ends up having power over you. I say either act instantly, like with a good headbutt, or let it go. Or at least try to learn how to let it go. Took me awhile to learn that. Still working on it.

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2013, 8:43 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
I dunno, I think if you're bent on revenge, the joke might be on you. It shows that long after the bullying event, you're beating yourself up, egging yourself on saying "you gonna let that guy treat you like that, you're nothing, your worthless, you're small...."

And the bully ends up having power over you. I say either act instantly, like with a good headbutt, or let it go. Or at least try to learn how to let it go. Took me awhile to learn that. Still working on it.

Yeah, I'm still sort of learning to let it go - let most of it go already, and probably would have done so completely if it weren't for a couple of workplace bullies who resurrected some of those negative sentiments from my younger days. The trouble with the workplace bully is, you don't have the satisfaction of knowing/discovering that they turned out worse than you, because they got into a higher position than you did.

And about the "head butt" remark: ha ha, tempting though it is, you can't do that to workplace bullies and for the other kinds of bullies, better make sure they're close to your height. Should you succeed, just remember: the consequences are directly proportional to your age 8O

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2013, 2:40 pm

knowbody15 wrote:
I say either act instantly, like with a good headbutt, or let it go.

That immediately brought to mind the usual advice when punishing a dog for making a mess on the carpet. Swat them right now or else forget about it because it doesn't take long for the dog to disassociate the punishment with the crime. Bullies (and all people) are like that... their memory is about as long as the end of the stick they always give us.

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2013, 4:19 pm

Hopefully this is relevant, this guy at my new job is kind of an asshat. He's not too friendly, whereas everyone else pretty much is friendly, and he doesn't respond to my attempts to be friendly...which is fine, but on top of that, he f'ing complains about everything to managers. Things I do, things other people do, so this creates a a hostile work enviroment. At first, I saw him as a big threat, and I was anxious and afraid. But with some help, talking to some smart people, I see him as a just an annoying fly buzzing around making life difficult. If he gets in my face, I'll swat him, not as in headbutting him, but, if his BS reaches a critical point, I gotta stand up to him, or tell a manager. Whatever I do, I'm saying there is a point where he has to be "smacked on the nose with a newspaper."

I gave him all this power and was afraid, and then I took it all back, and made him small and insignificant. But, I'd still be his friend if he loosened up. But for the most part he's kind of a momo.

Now, if the dude is affecting managers perceptions about me, then I have to talk to a manager, and deal with that.

Diminishing bullies to what they really are, annoying pests.....

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 4:30 pm

I don't think revenge is a good idea as the type of person who bullies can often be unstable and they might do something worse to you in return as they wouldn't want to lose face.

If something bad happened to a bully that was nothing to do with me I would see it as God sorting them out on my behalf though :)

I once went on a coach trip with people on the computer course I was doing and this girl acted in a bullying manner towards me and on the coach trip back home she collapsed and had to go to A&E when we got back - something to do with her wearing sandals with cords that tie round your leg and them having cut off her circulation. I saw that as God's revenge on her and thought it served her right.

If she'd died I'd probably have felt the same.

I've always felt like this if something bad befalls someone who's treated me badly - I've been glad. It doesn't happen very often though or I've not known about it.

I'd never engineer someone's downfall though; I'm prepared to let fate take it's course.

I often think to myself 'Hopefully fate's marked your card' if someone is particularly nasty to me though, which is a sort of part-request to God to do something

It's like if I try and be a good person and pray to God, can't God help me out in return sometimes?

I can't make him do it but he might be angry at someone being nasty to me, one of his good people, and act accordingly

It's all in God's hands though

When people tell me about times they've taken revenge on others I find it very distasteful and I judge the person as lacking moral restraint

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2014, 4:24 pm

No I could have had at school.
I had no friends at school it took 2 years before people I knew in real life ended up in the same school as me.

People were shocked to find out the quiet shy guy was friends with the type of people I used to hang around with.
The name calling stopped over night and I never felt the need to get back at anyone.

I don't see the point in holding grudges against people I've got more important things in my life to worry about.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 4:53 pm

I was the shortest guy in the class and also uncoordinated. So I knew I would be beaten to a pulp if I fought back. I thought once they knew they could beat the crap out of me instead of tripping me or throwing my stuff around they would beat the crap out of me every day. What I did not know was it was not about losing or winning fights but being an easy target. Now I understand if I fought back a few times even though I would have lost the fights and it would have been very painful I would have been too much trouble for them and others would have respected me. By the time I realized that fighting back was the proper response I was an adult subject to arrest.

Avoidance did not work for me. It was like I had a signal emanating from my body that said I am here come get me. This has not really changed. The people I want to avoid are the people that always seem to find me. And they find me when on the days I am most stressed.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman