Should i tell my shrink i am autistic

Page 7 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

MalchikBrodyaga
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2018, 1:06 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
I don't need benefits from the state. I have a job which pays well and I have my own roof.

I don't either. In fact if anyone ever suggest I get them, I would strongly refuse because I want to do honest job and compete with others as equal.

LaetiBlabla wrote:
In any case, I wouldn't take any risk to sell my privacy and freedom for a temporary financial advantage

How exactly would diagnosis affect your privacy and freedom? Thats what I am not getting.

Okay you said that private records might be hijacked. But the same is true for anything else -- including the facebook example you gave. So how come you are fine being on facebook but you don't want to get a diagnosis? How is one worse than the other?

As far as freedom part, what exactly are you talking about? Are there any laws restricting the freedom of autistics?

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:13 pm

^^^I am not on Facebook. You are assuming things.

I have responded to your question already.

Is it possible to close this thread?

Because I had enough comments and I said I took a decision as to the subject of this thread and still, people are responding to me by making the same comments again and again.

Last edited by LaetiBlabla on 10 May 2018, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MalchikBrodyaga
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2018, 1:16 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
^^î don't think it is so important. That she helps me on precise problems is the most important.

Whether or not you have insight into your problems is related to your problems. Your insight, or lack thereof, might be an indication of the nature of your problems.

LaetiBlabla wrote:
And as I already said I don't "suspect" I have autism, I am sure.

Well, telling her you "suspect" you have autism is a middle ground between telling her you are sure you have it and not telling at all. So instead of thinking about those two options, why not do intermediate one and tell her you suspect you have it?

MalchikBrodyaga
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2018, 1:18 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
^^^I am not on Facebook. You are assuming things.

Well, you are doing a bunch of other things where your privacy can be hijacked. Being on this forum is just as problematic as on facebook. Sure, you haven't put forward your true name, but hackers can find out what it is by hacking your internet service provider.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 1:21 pm

^^We already discussed all this, MalchikBrodyaga

Because I had enough comments and I said I took a decision as to the subject of this thread and still, the same people are responding to me by making the same comments again and again.

Trev038
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2018, 2:46 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
I do want adapted help, I have already made a list of my problems for her (obviously all autism-related). Maybe it is good to tell her I am sure I have autism. Otherwise, we will stand together speaking about the elephant all the time but never naming the elephant. So weird.

Good ;) So the nuanced answer to your question is, please tell her about autism but don't state it as a fact, like in the title of this thread.

Trev038
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2018, 2:52 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
It's incredible how US people are keen on diagnosis. What the hell, it's only a label on the box, you don't NEED it.

I'm not in the US, I'm European ;)

You might not need a diagnosis for yourself (some people do and that's OKAY, you have no right to criticise this), but it sounds wrong to say to people "I am autistic" if you don't have one.

It's clear in your situation that you're not saying that to get attention from people, but there are some people who would proclaim themselves as autistic just because they think it will make them interesting and quirky or give them an excuse to be rude. Nobody wants that.

Trev038
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2018, 3:04 pm

PS. Anyone has the key to the thread so we can close it for good? :wink:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:34 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:

Because I had enough comments and I said I took a decision as to the subject of this thread and still, people are responding to me by making the same comments again and again.

Yes, it is. Make a request in this thread or PM a moderator.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:36 pm

Trev038 wrote:
LaetiBlabla wrote:
I do want adapted help, I have already made a list of my problems for her (obviously all autism-related). Maybe it is good to tell her I am sure I have autism. Otherwise, we will stand together speaking about the elephant all the time but never naming the elephant. So weird.

Good ;) So the nuanced answer to your question is, please tell her about autism but don't state it as a fact, like in the title of this thread.

^^^You misinterpret me, on purpose!

I told many times I found MY answer!! !! I took MY decision weighing ALL pros and cons.
And my final decision is NOT to tell my shrink, only speak about my symptoms.
Stop all insisting ! !!

Please stop this thread!

Last edited by LaetiBlabla on 10 May 2018, 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 3:38 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
Trev038 wrote:
LaetiBlabla wrote:

I told many times I found MY answer!! ! ! Stop all insisting ! ! !

Each time someone responds it goes to the top. If you stop responding, it will likely fall.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 4:02 pm

Trev038 wrote:
LaetiBlabla wrote:
It's incredible how US people are keen on diagnosis. What the hell, it's only a label on the box, you don't NEED it.

I'm not in the US, I'm European ;)

You might not need a diagnosis for yourself (some people do and that's OKAY, you have no right to criticise this), but it sounds wrong to say to people "I am autistic" if you don't have one.

It's clear in your situation that you're not saying that to get attention from people, but there are some people who would proclaim themselves as autistic just because they think it will make them interesting and quirky or give them an excuse to be rude. Nobody wants that.

^^^
- I never said you were in US!! !
- I never criticized people who want a diagnosis, I am surprised and don't understand
- again stop telling me what I should say it is a long time I am repeating "thank you , I took my decision"

STOP all saying that I may not say I am autistic because of not having official diagnosis, I know I am. I may say it!! !
If I don't want a diagnosis, it is my choice, it does not make me less autistic.

STOP insisting I should ask for a diagnosis.

Please stop this thread.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 4:12 pm

Locked. "derailment bingo" strikes again and can be quite distressing for OPs..