Page 7 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 9:52 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Aspies are the incarnation of the Gods. When we finally ascend all who mocked us will pay, for we will be the judge of all souls. The reason we know this is because we are clearly superior to the NT hordes, for we are logical, moral, and everything good, including puppies. Yes, secretly inside of every AS person is a puppy. NTs are evil for they hate puppies(proven because AS people are all good things, including puppies) and consider genocide against us.

Eventually we will rise up with our Godly powers and smite the wicked NTs and bring them into the hells where they will suffer for all eternity due to their inferior emotions.

LOL.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 11:38 pm

DeanFoley wrote:
Autism is not a "strength." It is not giving you rational thought, it is not making you intelligent.
Actually, Aspies in general are more logical, because the emotional baggage doesn't work the same way. Intelligence and education are independant factors, but logic is a tool that can inhance what intelligence and education you have. Like a pulley or a lever allows you to lift something that would otherwise be too heavy.

Being an Aspie is good in some ways and bad in others.

Logic is a very good thing, when you have all the pieces. Garbage in, garbage out. If there are gaps in your education, your equation will be flawed and therefore your solution will be erroneous.

Failure to include any part of reality will make your equation erroneous. That would be illogical. People are a part of reality and a part of the equation, and they are really, really complicated.

When you talk to people who are not afraid of the truth, they will sometimes be happy to help you and fill those gaps. Can you say, "enlighten me"? And really mean it?

When you talk to people who are afraid of the truth, you get knee jerking. The fact that an individual does not understand the question or his own answer is not proof that it is incorrect. It might just mean that you need to ask someone else.

The herd instinct has survival value in that it prevents them from going off on their own. Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's bad. Without the bonds that hold society together, we would be having this conversation in front of a cave, because society would not exist.

Without indepentant thinkers, we would be having this conversation in front of a cave, because no one would dare to play with fire or invent the wheel.

====================

And by the way, venting for its own sake is good. It doesn’t have to make sense. I’ve taken a lot of crap for a very long time. I think it’s my turn, for a change.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 1:36 am

Actually, I don't feel superior to NTs at all, nor do I believe that being an aspie means that I was given a divine, special gift. In fact, I see myself as being below people without autism.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 2:45 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Actually, I don't feel superior to NTs at all, nor do I believe that being an aspie means that I was given a divine, special gift. In fact, I see myself as being below people without autism.

As is your choice and right... will admit it saddens to think you consider yourself beneath others because of who you are, though.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Draws
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2008, 3:54 am

makuranososhi you get a cookie, I havn't read anything you said I disagree with.

Awesomelyglorious you too!

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 7:13 am

The average aspie is neither better nor worse than an NT.
But, only Aspies can be - rarely - true logics or a specific type of savant, ie. Einstein.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2008, 10:59 am

DeanFoley wrote:
I'm aware I'll probably rile a lot of people and get a lot of flak for what I'm about to type, but it drives me utterly mad to read this rubbish and not say anything.

I'm just so sick and tired of the amount of arrogance, stupidity and plain ignorance about AS and Autism as a whole by too many members here. NT's are being described as these...intolerant, hateful, demonic, semi-intelligent beings and Aspies here seem to think this is some...higher power.

I've seen it in so many forms. Here are a few examples...

-Asperger Syndrome is a power given from God.
-Asperger Syndrome gives you logical thinking and rationality.
-Most Neurotypical's view us as inferior, sub-human beings.
-Neurotypical's are going to attempt genocide on us.
-Aspies are ''closer to God''.
-Aspies are some ''other'', more evolved race.
-Aspies will save the world somehow, against the ''New World Order'' or something else. ''Vanguards of cretion''.
-Neurotypical's are evil, at least that's the vibe I'm getting from people on here...
-A cure will be mandatory.

This is just a few of the many.

Autism is not a ''strength''. It is not giving you rational thought, it is not making you intelligent. I've seen a great, GREAT deal of people here say or imply that Aspies are more logical, more rational(including Alex himself, found here-http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt63192.html).

Apparently, Aspies are also more open-minded, friendly, kind, helpful...give me a break.

Look, before I go on, let me say: I am not trying to advocate a cure(though I would take one). I am not trying to say we are inferior or make us feel shame. But the absence of shame doesn't mean this much pride should take its place! Heck, it isn't even pride, it's arrogance and ignorance. Neurotypical's are NOT these evil people who are dedicated to making you suffer. They are billions of people, and extremely diverse in views. They are not ''dumber'', they do not suffer from a poorer sense of logic or whatever.

And as for the suggesstion that they will attempt genocide...

I...just...

How...?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And then some people have the idea that God(who I don't believe in, for the record) gave them this innate ''gift''. Some people even believe we are ''closer'' to God...

My response:

ARE YOU INSANE?

Let's assume, for a moment, that God is real. That the Bible is the truth, all this holy yada yada exists. HOW IS AUTISM HOLY IN THE SLIGHTEST? WHAT GIVES PEOPLE THE TINIEST HINT THAT IT IS CONNECTED TO GOD?

And then there's the people who think we are a ''threat'' to evil. That the ''NWO'' or some other sh** conspiracy-Sorry, I mean someone's ''political views'' are in danger due to Aspies presence. WE ARE NOT SOME RACE OF X-MEN.

And if a cure is developed, no one is going to drive a white van up to your home, bash the door down and drag you off in the nght, strap you to a chair and administer it.

And stop all this feverent ''NO CURE'' rubbish! Fine, you don't want one...well what about the people who DO? If a cure is developed, everyone can be happy. Those who want it can have it, those who don't...well, don't HAVE to take it. What about OTHER forms of Autism, hmm? Because they suffer...greatly.

In conclusion, I am not saying we are sub-human.

But neither are the Neurotypical's. We are not above them, or below them. I feel no shame, but I also feel no pride. This is not something to be worn with a badge of honour, it's just...there. You are not uber logical because of it, and NT's aren't evil and plotting genocide.

Thank you and good day.

Are you really 14?

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2008, 12:21 pm

catspurr wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:
I'm aware I'll probably rile a lot of people and get a lot of flak for what I'm about to type, but it drives me utterly mad to read this rubbish and not say anything.

I'm just so sick and tired of the amount of arrogance, stupidity and plain ignorance about AS and Autism as a whole by too many members here. NT's are being described as these...intolerant, hateful, demonic, semi-intelligent beings and Aspies here seem to think this is some...higher power.

I've seen it in so many forms. Here are a few examples...

-Asperger Syndrome is a power given from God.
-Asperger Syndrome gives you logical thinking and rationality.
-Most Neurotypical's view us as inferior, sub-human beings.
-Neurotypical's are going to attempt genocide on us.
-Aspies are ''closer to God''.
-Aspies are some ''other'', more evolved race.
-Aspies will save the world somehow, against the ''New World Order'' or something else. ''Vanguards of cretion''.
-Neurotypical's are evil, at least that's the vibe I'm getting from people on here...
-A cure will be mandatory.

This is just a few of the many.

Autism is not a ''strength''. It is not giving you rational thought, it is not making you intelligent. I've seen a great, GREAT deal of people here say or imply that Aspies are more logical, more rational(including Alex himself, found here-http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt63192.html).

Apparently, Aspies are also more open-minded, friendly, kind, helpful...give me a break.

Look, before I go on, let me say: I am not trying to advocate a cure(though I would take one). I am not trying to say we are inferior or make us feel shame. But the absence of shame doesn't mean this much pride should take its place! Heck, it isn't even pride, it's arrogance and ignorance. Neurotypical's are NOT these evil people who are dedicated to making you suffer. They are billions of people, and extremely diverse in views. They are not ''dumber'', they do not suffer from a poorer sense of logic or whatever.

And as for the suggesstion that they will attempt genocide...

I...just...

How...?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And then some people have the idea that God(who I don't believe in, for the record) gave them this innate ''gift''. Some people even believe we are ''closer'' to God...

My response:

ARE YOU INSANE?

Let's assume, for a moment, that God is real. That the Bible is the truth, all this holy yada yada exists. HOW IS AUTISM HOLY IN THE SLIGHTEST? WHAT GIVES PEOPLE THE TINIEST HINT THAT IT IS CONNECTED TO GOD?

And then there's the people who think we are a ''threat'' to evil. That the ''NWO'' or some other sh** conspiracy-Sorry, I mean someone's ''political views'' are in danger due to Aspies presence. WE ARE NOT SOME RACE OF X-MEN.

And if a cure is developed, no one is going to drive a white van up to your home, bash the door down and drag you off in the nght, strap you to a chair and administer it.

And stop all this feverent ''NO CURE'' rubbish! Fine, you don't want one...well what about the people who DO? If a cure is developed, everyone can be happy. Those who want it can have it, those who don't...well, don't HAVE to take it. What about OTHER forms of Autism, hmm? Because they suffer...greatly.

In conclusion, I am not saying we are sub-human.

But neither are the Neurotypical's. We are not above them, or below them. I feel no shame, but I also feel no pride. This is not something to be worn with a badge of honour, it's just...there. You are not uber logical because of it, and NT's aren't evil and plotting genocide.

Thank you and good day.

Are you really 14?

Yes.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 6:57 am

DeanFoley, you are but a child. You've not yet the mental faculties to appropriatly analyze the information.
As such; you're perspectives are biased by the adolescent "everybody" perspective. I've not heard of that god reference you make, yet you apply it to all. The world does indeed seem bigger when you are small, does it not?
Boy, wait until you've grown some and then rethink and comment further.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 11:16 am

Ishmael wrote:
DeanFoley, you are but a child. You've not yet the mental faculties to appropriatly analyze the information.
As such; you're perspectives are biased by the adolescent "everybody" perspective. I've not heard of that god reference you make, yet you apply it to all. The world does indeed seem bigger when you are small, does it not?

Ish, while what you say is apt... at that age, that is his perspective and the result of his influences and experiences. While time and experience will likely cause his views to evolve, is it really beneficial to treat the opinion as juvenile as well? He may well learn more in discussion than in isolation.

M.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 11:28 am

Ishmael is hardly an adult himself.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 11:35 am

slowmutant wrote:
Ishmael is hardly an adult himself.

If that is the case, the same thought applies - take time, but don't dismiss things purely on age. Example - my students had to learn the music in the way taught, but once they did, if they found a better way and showed me - I would then teach their approach. Can learn an amazing amount from those with a different perspective. Here, it is different... but that would have seemed like a brushoff to me when I was young, and don't find it what I would choose.

M.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2008, 1:35 pm

Ishmael wrote:

You are possibly one of the most arrogant, pseudo intellectual people I have ever seen.

To start, you're making false accusations. Not once have I accused everybody on here of having an idiotic superiority complex like you. No have I accused every single person here of claiming we are ''divinley connected''. But there are many here who do hold those attitudes.

You sound like you're just seeking an easy way out...you can't come up with a real reason so you retreat to the ''I'm older, you're wrong'' argument?

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 12:28 am

Dean you did a great job writing your points down and that is why I asked if you were 14. Used to have the same style of ranting when writing. I didn't speak much back then but wrote more than verbally communicating.

Anyways, keep writing.

Personally, I think that everyone seems to have something they think they are really good at. The problem is, society has deemed those that are really good in certain areas but not so great with social areas as a defect meanwhile I do notice that people think they have great social skills for merely talking.

There should be some guidelines with that because when people are rude jerks whenever they open their mouths constantly and making errors as they speak, that in my opinion is not great social skills. If it was learned in public schools...then all of this hype about learning social skills in school is over-hyped and maybe schools should bring back education and grades over popularity contests.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 12:32 am

DeanFoley wrote:
Ishmael wrote:

You are possibly one of the most arrogant, pseudo intellectual people I have ever seen.

To start, you're making false accusations. Not once have I accused everybody on here of having an idiotic superiority complex like you.

No have I accused every single person here of claiming we are ''divinley connected''. But there are many here who do hold those attitudes.

You sound like you're just seeking an easy way out...you can't come up with a real reason so you retreat to the ''I'm older, you're wrong'' argument?

Okay correction.

First. It's "You are possibly one of the most arrogant and pseudo intellectual person I have ever read.

Second...hmm actually it's the internet. Accidents happen. It's just that when someone gets ranty over someone coming across as a pseudo intellectual, they tend to make errors in the process and I find it ironic as I've done it time and time again.

Third. Thank you for saying "you're"

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 1:22 am

Actually, people would be correct there as it is 'one of', denoting group, instead of 'the most', denoting singular. Sorry.. *halo* Nitpick.

M.