Page 7 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Surreal
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2010, 8:59 pm

rmctagg09 wrote:
Surreal wrote:
rmctagg09 wrote:
I mostly listen to videogame related music (takes up about 90%), anime openings, and national anthems. I'm also a fan of The Ink Spots after playing Fallout 3.

8O The Ink Spots...AS IN...If I Didn't Care like Redd Foxx used to sing on Sanford & Son? :o :lol:

Not making fun...if that IS the case, I just find it in-ter-es-ting!

Haven't heard that one. I really love I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire and Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall.

That aside I've recently been listening to Gigantesque from Soulcalibur IV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULM5M7IAfqg[/youtube]

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID me!

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 2:43 am

For a few months I was super obsessed with music. Right now I'm a bit less obsessed.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 4:59 am

I'm not in the least obsessed with music, rarely even remember to listen to any. When someone starts to sing on a tv show I change the channel because I feel like it's a waste of time.

Just had a big conversation about this today with a friend. He LOVES music and gets real emotional about different songs - some make him happy, some make him sad, some bring a tear to his eye.... he asked me why I don't want to listen to them like he does and I asked "Why? When you hear the song what does that do for you? Did you learn anything or get anything from it?" to me it's just a few minutes of my life I can't get back.

If take the same few minutes and read something new, I've learned something. Or performed a task in those minutes.... but just sitting and listening....

When I was younger I think I listened to more music than I do now. I find less and less interest in it all the time. My son says people who sing are just "People yelling at the top of their lungs and music happens to be playing at the same time" :D

-- Emerson

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 5:13 am

I'm obsessed with music.

danh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2011, 1:14 am

I stayed awake all night producing this in fruity loops.

dl.dropbox dot com/u/17162894/nmw.mp3

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2011, 1:29 am

Yes, I am obsessed with music too. I have 3,000+ CD's in my collection, mostly full albums collected over 15 years since before high school. I can name the year, the price, and where I bought nearly every single one of them. I have been in 3 bands (percussion). ---- I sing like crazy whenever I'm alone.
The last band I was in, with my brother (hip-hop folk...?): Foggy Depot - Unconditional Love (click to hear)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 1:32 am

I am pretty obsessed with music.....My favorite band is Pink Floyd and within 5 seconds of hearing any of their songs I can name the album the song is on and a lot of times the title of the song(titles can be a bit hard to remember). Other then that I am really into Metal music and Psychedelic rock and a lot of bands from other various genres. My least favorite kinds of music are Country and Rap but I don't hate all of it some is decent.

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2011, 1:47 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I am pretty obsessed with music.....My favorite band is Pink Floyd and within 5 seconds of hearing any of their songs I can name the album the song is on and a lot of times the title of the song(titles can be a bit hard to remember). Other then that I am really into Metal music and Psychedelic rock and a lot of bands from other various genres. My least favorite kinds of music are Country and Rap but I don't hate all of it some is decent.

Nice. I really love metal. It's a huge part of my CD collection. I really don't mind the cleanly polished and produced stuff, either - sadly, the nu-metal scene was at it's height when I was in high school... never really cared for that formula too much. -- I have a warm spot for gritty, made-in-a-dank-basement type metal. In this vein, Scissorfight is probably my favorite hybrid/metal (acid rock/metal/dead stuff) band of the last ....decade. :::Scissorfight - Acid for Blood ::: [listen]

samuraiBSD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2011, 2:53 am

I'm obsessed with Alkaline Trio.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:04 am

I'm obsessed with ABBA and have pictures of them in frames all over the place.
I remember when a new song came out I played it over and over again.
Most of my music is 70's and 80's music I play it while I'm doing my housework.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 8:49 am

Dood XD

I am obsessed with music too :) I like melodic rock weather it's progressive, psychedelic, pure rocknroll I don't care I just like it. And I have a soft spot for Jazz and Funk sounds as well. I play Piano and Guitar and if I am not with my mp3 I am on youtube listening to songs oh man...

The music genres that I hate tho are Metal, Rap, Screamo, Classical and Country.

I listen to many many bands and I appreciate good sounds. In my house my dad's got a neat CD and record collection. and in my grandpas house there are thousands of Cds and records no joke the whole house is full of them!! lol but he wouldn't let me touch it ugh. :(

BearSalad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2011, 12:44 pm

I will not go so far to say that I am Obsessed with Music, but I do enjoy it very much. I used to sleep with Headphones on, but I woke up with my MP3 player on the floor, or missing inside of my Bed sheets.

My favorite Musician is Frank Zappa, and my favorite song being "I'm the slime".

I don't have a specific Genre I enjoy more so then others, and I enjoy literally -ALL- types of Music.

I just have a hard time picking specific songs to listen too, so I usually just end up listening to one or more songs on Repeat for an entire day, and might cycle the next day, but usually lasts for weeks.

lately I've been listening to Psychedelic Trance; 1200 Micrograms, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection.

and currently am working some Ronald Jenkee's into my Playlists :p(only the instrumental's his rap's are pretty terrible.)

BearSalad.

Katiebun2281

31 May 2011, 7:44 pm

I LOVE music, especially classic rock and oldies.
My favorites are:

AC/DC
Cream
Jefferson Airplane
Led Zepplin
The Cars
The Doors
Rolling Stones
The Kinks
ETC...

FunkyDarkKnight
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2011, 3:24 am

Yeah, I have a strange obsession for music too. I don't listen to it 24 hours a day but I just like songs with many different sounds so I can break the song apart in my mind and pay attention to the smaller noises in the tune. It's also why I bought Audiosurf, amazing game that has all these small details that shift to the small details with the song, my kind of game :D and it help me break the song apart too.

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2011, 4:30 am

gramirez wrote:
If my parents had not gotten me a new iPod for my birthday this past year, I certainly would not be here. My last iPod was used so much that the battery didn't even hold a charge after a year and a half!

I'm definitely obsessed with music. My parents are obsessed with music, and incredible music, at that. Maybe that's why I want to be a musician.

Music is definitely one of my obsessions too, and the story about the ipod... well I can relate to that, I had to beg for like 5 years (from 2004-2009) for my family to get me one. I bought a "nearly new" ipod out of desperation, it was actually in pretty good condition... now if I go with out charging it for 48 hours at the most, it cannot handle it, will be begging for another one I think, but it has to be an ipod classic, like the one I've got now, because I HATE touch screens. (I think I'll dispense with Apple when they get rid of all normal ipods and I'll have to go with a different company.

Now on to music. It has to be the right sort of music! None of that Justin Bieber rubbish or Dance music, I can count on one hand the songs that I like that are in that genre.
It's got to be some sort of Rock: Heavy Metal through to (but leaning more toward) Soft Rock
RHCP and U2 are just a couple of my favourites. Nickelback, GreenDay, Kaiser Chiefs, Eskimo Joe. Just to name a few... basically, I want to hear instruments and there definitely has to be a melody. so none of this rap rubbish (cringe - and I used to like eminem - BIG mistake, no melody) and no Poncy boy bands, unless they are from the 1990's and even then I have trouble with them... Girl bands are ok, I guess, but again, only if I grew up with them....

HiraethMind
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2015, 2:22 pm

Haha is it too late to reply to this?
Music is definitely my second biggest obsession (the first being learning languages. I speak 7 and counting.)
I can't live without it and I not only love listening to music, I love knowing everything about it, I've lost count of how many hours I spent reading about genres and bands and music history. My taste is very diverse, I'll listen to anything in any language, from any country. Experimental/post rock, post metal, shoegaze, psychedelic rock, stoner rock, math rock, art rock, indie/alternative, prog rock, prog metal, melodic metal core, pagan metal, reggae, hip hop and rap (the good ones, not the mainstream hoes, money and drugs crap), classical/neo classical, jazz, blues, nu jazz etc etc.