Page 63 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 291  Next

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2007, 9:32 pm

If you understand animals more than some people (-:

willem
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 2:55 am

You might be an Aspie if you agree that fitting dishes in your dishwasher is much more fun & interesting than fitting people in your life.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 4:40 am

willem wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you agree that fitting dishes in your dishwasher is much more fun & interesting than fitting people in your life.

Yikes, I nearly thought that was me then, I like filling the dishwasher lol

YMBAAI you like to make sure your dinner plates which are a mix of different sets are all piled into set order

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 11:24 am

Kaleido wrote:
willem wrote:

YMBAAI you like to make sure your dinner plates which are a mix of different sets are all piled into set order

I'm usually a lurker, but I SO identified with these two posts that I had to speak up!
YMBAAI: said dishes are not only organized by sets, but put in order by how many pieces of the set are missing. And, if you have ever kicked guests (including your own mother) out of the kitchen while having a meltdown, because they were loading the dishwasher in an illogical order.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Apr 2007, 12:48 pm

Lau wrote:
nutbag wrote:
If you have ever purchased a graphing/programmable calculator. . .

. . .as a toy!

I did that not long ago. It was from "Poundland". A big calculator for £1. I only really bought it to see how its % key worked. I understand RPN. I'm always amused to find out how the latest stupid infix calculator does its constants, etc. Anyway, the one pound calculator kept me amused for an afternoon (good value!), by which time I had decided that their short printed instructions were essentially correct and they'd blocked it doing anything clever with "funny" key sequences.

PS. I also, naturally, took it apart to see how many chips were in it.

Look at what I just got!! !

http://h41111.www4.hp.com/calculators/u ... index.html

Flow
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 7:04 pm

. . talking on the phone makes you nervous.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 8:39 pm

Talking into an answering machine makes you feel like an idiot!

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2007, 8:48 pm

You can listen to the same song 20 times in a row without getting sick of it.

You eat pizza (or whatever your favorite food is) almost every day. No one even bothers asking what you'd like for lunch/dinner any more. And if someone does ask, your friend answers for you before you even have a chance to say anything.

After reading your essay for English class on the movie K-Pax, your classmates ask if you are an astrophysicist or something, even though what you wrote was nothing but random pseudo-scientific gibberish, because you just like to test your teachers to see what kind of crap you can get away with turning in (and they always love everything you turn in).

You are better at typing out your thoughts than verbalizing them...

...yet if you try to write something by hand, you can't even read it.

You've ever forgotten to eat dinner because you were too preoccupied with doing something else.

You've ever spent an entire weekend reading about the history and health effects of Mountain Dew.

You only give people your cell phone number, since you can always turn your cell phone off when you don't want to talk to anyone (even though you probably wouldn't be getting any phone calls anyway).

The one friend that you can actually stand knows that he can always find you online when he wants to talk, since you never leave your computer.

When people call you a nerd, you take it as a compliment.

Anyone has ever said "You are really weird, you know that?" while you were trying to do something as simple as brushing your teeth.

You actually like being weird.

You've ever made a video of yourself speaking Klingon.

You originally only had three things that you were going to post when you started your reply to this thread, but kept thinking of more as you were typing.

You had to go back and edit your reply to this thread because you thought of more.

You then had to edit it a second time because you noticed a typo and you knew you'd obsess about it if you didn't correct it. You really hope that you didn't make any other mistakes that spell check can't find.

Last edited by Rain_Bird on 16 Apr 2007, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 8:51 pm

You read the entire Academy of Achievement interview of Roger Bannister. (It runs, pardon the expression, nine pages and is very good.)

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2007, 4:45 am

Sophist wrote:
-If, at the age of near-24, just yesterday you finally got why the joke "If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" is a joke and have been chuckling since...

Heh... 15 and have NO idea what that means.

Nightcry
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2007, 4:48 am

Pandora wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you:

Cut the tags off your clothes because they are too itchy if you leave them on.

Go around in bare feet as often as you can.

When you can't understand as a teenager why other girls are so interested in make-up, boys, clothes and being popular as opposed to reading, enjoying nature, and listening to the radio.

When people have always considered there was something a bit freaky about you but they never could really put a finger on what it was.

When you want to be friends with other Aspies even if they are heaps younger than you and of the opposite sex because you find more in common with them than other women around your own age.

When your emotions are all tangled up and you can't seem to get them straight.

When you get left out of activities in the workplace because someone thinks it is a smart thing to organise other people against you.

When you can never answer a question with just "yes" or "no".

When you have trouble deciding what to order in the cafeteria because the things you'd like most are a bit expensive but the cheaper things are not so nice but then maybe you should save your money....

Can relate to all of the above.
That is if you replace Workplace with school.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 5:06 am

YMBAAI you cannot just ask someone if they want tea and go make it, you need to know how strong, how much milk, how much sugar or would they prefer sweetener, which kind of milk. Basically your mind instantly fills itself with 100 variations and you are unable to just go make an ordinary tea.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 5:10 am

Kaleido wrote:
willem wrote:

Yes, me too, but I can't stand emptying it :? If it's empty, I'll fill it. If it's full of clean stuff, I won't - strange but true.

You know if you're Aspie if you sit at your desk and procrastinate all day, despite knowing that if you don't start your work your neck's on the block.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 9:02 am

I hate tags in clothes, too. I also hate face makeup, because it gives me a claustrophobic feeling, like I'm wearing a mask. The only kind of makeup I like to wear is lipstick.

Flow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:38 am

. . . you forget to eat.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 3:12 pm

Nightcry wrote:
Sophist wrote:
-If, at the age of near-24, just yesterday you finally got why the joke "If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" is a joke and have been chuckling since...

Heh... 15 and have NO idea what that means.

Heard it at 18. Got it at 27. There's a lot of these kinds of things I think I understand, then ACTUALLY understand only several years later! :lol: